Todo HHB1770

2.1

Lee

LeeSydney, NSW

Pretty but short life

My mum brought this pretty kettle some months ago. Has different coloured lights for different temperatures. It Stopped working out of the blue. No physical damage. We were using it one minute Then refilled it to heat it up again and it didn’t work.

Purchased in April 2020.

anneSydney, NSW

Beautiful for a short time

This was the 2nd TODO kettle I had. The first was less than 12 mths old, but was promptly replaced when it failed to work. This 2nd one, lasted 17 months, but is outside the warranty period, I was told.
Beautiful to look at the dancing blue light, but I would expect the item to have a longer life. Most disappointed

Purchased in November 2018.

vicki

vickiSouth Australia

No customer service for a kettle not working

My HHB1771 was purchased on 23 October 2019 and ceased to work on 8th April 2020. I purchased this kettle through Catch.com.au for $49. I have tried to contact the after sales support for information on warranty and how to get a replacement, as advised on the instruction manual but despite three emails and 1 request through efo web page I have had no contact at all. Very disappointed as up until it just stopped working I was very happy with the product. Now given the lack of communication from the company I would not advise anyone to buy this product.

Purchased in October 2019 at Catch for A$49.00.

Susie

SusieSydney, NSW

Great kettle for the family household

Great kettle for the family, we use it every day and haven't had any issues with it at all. It's so reliable and ther glass is a added bonus so you see how much water is left in the kettle without always opening the lid. We would buy it again!

Purchased in June 2019 at Kogan.com for A$49.00.

Bigrig86

Bigrig86Sydney, NSW

Great Kettle, reliable and looks good

Bought and have been using for more than 6 months and no issues at all.

Looks stylish and suits the kitchen and it's good to see the water level easily.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$69.00.

Johnny H

Johnny H

Love it as it's easy to use

Love the transparency of seeing how much water needs to be filled, and it boils in no time. My kids know not to touch it as it's hot, but are intrigued by the boiling process especially being able to see it through the glass.

Purchased in December 2019 at Kogan.com for A$29.00.

Kezza C.

Kezza C.Darling Downs, QLD

Worst kettle.

Stopped working after 2 month. Was a struggle to get a replacement. Once got it, the kettle only last a month. Waste of money and custom service was shocking. Wouldn't recommended it.

Purchased in November 2018 at Catch for A$69.00.

Tommo1770

Tommo1770Central Queensland, QLD

Incredibly dangerous product! Does not deserve any rating!

After 2 weeks use the jug "split" in two having just boiled water. Luckily I was in the kitchen and able to unplug the unit which had separated at the top of the glass bowl. I could no longer use the handle to pick up the kettle. Minor difficult in return of the unit. Seller wished to replace with a identical kettle which I refused and purchase price refunded. My view is that a 2 week old kettle that splits in two should be withdraw from the market place - lifting the kettle close to the boiling point and most likely you would be badly burned by boiling (or close to it) water. Horrendous that the same kettle is being sold today!

Purchased in October 2015 at Pana Technology for A$49.00.

Billy Warren

Billy Warren

Terrible product.

My family bought two of these kettles and they both failed within 6 months. Both also developed rust inside before failing. Some of the features, like the colourful lights, were nice while they worked. I'd buy any other kettle over this one.

Purchased in January 2019.

Magpie56

Magpie56South East Queensland, QLD

I have had two of these kettles die on me in less than a year.

My most recent TODO kettle is Model HHB1771. It was a replacement for a previous TODO kettle which lasted for less than two months before it ceased to function. The replacement kettle has lasted around eight months but has also ceased to function. Because of the short life span of these kettles I would not recommend purchasing one.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I liked it but stopped working just after 6 months..

I purchased white one by Groupon. Nice to have a temperature sitting function for different kind of tea, works well and blue light looks nice... etc. I liked it but unfortunately stopped working just after six months... I need a kettle right away, so I bought a different brand kettle after this experience.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Steven

StevenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for the money.

Suzy

SuzyTasmania

Modern & Fantastic!!!

Love it! Works like a charm, and fun to watch with the blue light bubbles. Nice, quiet, & quick. Despite reading some bad reviews here about it, I honestly can't complain about mine, best kettle I've owned, fantastic! I hope it doesn't stop working later on, it's still fairly new but so far I'm very impressed. A tip to others about any rusting, try bicarbonate soda & water as a paste scrub. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a try as it's polished up some of my other kettles & it's a safe method too, no chemicals

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Todo kettle failed and was replaced, now second one has failed

I am just negotiating for the replacement (or preferably, REFUND) on a second Todo glass electric kettle in only a short space of time. Not impressed. First one failed after only a few months, it was replaced, and now the second one has failed. Would not recommend this product at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
jen

jenAuckland

Great for 6 months only

We loved the look and colour of our kettle and for the 1st 6 months it was great then it stopped working. We actually bought another one because we liked it so much and just thought we were unlucky but then that packed up after 6 months as well. Not happy at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Was a great kettle but within 6 months it stopped working ...NO WARRANTY

Was a great kettle but within 6 months it stopped working ...NO WARRANTY
At seller's request I posted it back to the eBay seller who was going to either repair or replace...this only added to the expense as I DID NOT GET MY KETTLE back ...waste of time and money
... DO NOT BUY

Date PurchasedNov 2016

KatinaSydney

Short life span

After 6 months of use the element has started to rust. And I don't like how the steam/condensation hangs around inside the glass. Never experienced this with any other kettle.

I don't usually buy cheap non branded electricals but I needed something to tie me over for a year (and will then purchase breville kitchen appliances). I've always said the poor man pays twice and I've proven myself right in this instance.

I have contacted Todo and asked for comment and warranty period am also thinking of contacting the department of fair trading due to the health implications of the rusting element.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
BAUWILL

BAUWILLCentral, SA

Worked OK

Purchased in February 2017 lasted nine months working OK then the heating element failed. Unfortunately, Groupon could not replace it with the same unit . They did the right thing by refunding me in full, the purchase and shipping cost.. Full marks to Groupon for standing by the product...Thankyou to them ...

Lorraine O

Lorraine OGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great fun kettle to have in the kitchen!

I bought this kettle from Scoopon so was a bit skeptical but it has been a really good purchase. I bought the yellow colour and I love how it lights up as the water boils.
It has worked perfectly since I bought it and has delivered boiling water each time since the day it arrived.
A great fun kettle to have in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Kettle has now rusted inside...so that concerns me.

Whilst it looks good, I had to get another brand kettle today. Six months and with only daily use, the surface of the metal inside has rusted...not happy. Had no warranty in the box, as it was gift not happy to complain to my friends who that it is going in the bin.

Date PurchasedJan 2017