See the Best Ducted Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor warranty support

I have a Toshiba ducted system that is four years old. I am actually unsure of the exact model, but the review relates to the warranty support of Toshiba rather than the actual model. Toshiba are attempting to try to fix the aircon, but have now sent two different technicians and are now also replacing the compressor and control board for the second time. Toshiba are unwilling to replace the system and insist on making my family uncomfortable regardless of how long it takes to fix the system. I am unsure whether the system can even be fixed.

Terrible customer service, so just hope your system doesn't break down!

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Not sure

nexcent

nexcentNSW, 2745

Perfect comfort, year round!

Our Toshiba has been great for 4 years now, no issues, and keeps us nice and cool on the hottest of Summer days, and snug and warm during the cold Winter nights. The add-on Wifi has been great to turn the unit on and off remotely as well as setup different schedules.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Complete failure after 1 month

Was told this was a excellent ducted system, circuit board blew after 1 month, hassle to get the only replacement in the country, replaced circuit board then told compressor had blown up, no fix in sight, no help from Toshiba, save yourself the hassle and stay away from Toshiba .

Jim65

I had a Toshiba ducted system installed in my house 14 months ago after replacing my old Daikin system failed after 6 years. The compressor burnt out and parts were very expensive so i replaced it with a Toshiba. I am told the parts are a lot cheaper if needed and they have service agents that service all of Brisbane & Gold Coast. The system is extremely quiet and my power bill has dropped about $70/quarter which i found interesting. It cools & heats very quickly and i only wish i had of installed a Toshiba to begin with, expensive mistake.
Highly recommend Toshiba air conditioning.
Quiet, Very Efficient, Easy to use

mattyd1AU

Good

After obtaining numerous quotes for installing A/C in our 3 + 1 bedroom house, we took the advice of sydney based A/C company to install a toshiba reverse cycle inverter A/C system (ducted) - RAC-SP1104AT.

The system is extremely quiet inside and outside. Given the configuration of our house a ducted system was the only real alternative to installing numerous split systems which in total would have cost near or event almost the same as one ducted system. Hence being another important plus for this product.
1. super quiet (inside and out)
2. relatively cheap to purchase
3. easy maintenance
Nothing significant as yet.

Warby
Warby

How is the unit going for you now? How much did it cost to install?

Nae

Naeasked

Thinking about purchasing Toshiba ducted 12.5 kw to replace old system.. JBS ... Spec plate is rusted & cant read specs properly
18.2 A Cooling Input
16 A Heating Input
Will this new unit be sufficient?

Nigellaasked

I am looking at upgrading an old ducted air con for our house Can any one recommend a good system we currently have 6 outlets ..I’ve been told that I don’t need to replace the ducting even thou it’s 12 years old is this right? Thanks

Nev
Nev

Highly recommend Toshiba, I'm a small business that relies on word of mouth for work. I only offer brands and models I know are super reliable, quiet and economical to run. Toshiba has far exceeded my expectations.
Your ducts would usually be fine to reuse after only 12 years. Whoever is quoting should physically examine the ducts before encouraging you to part with your hard earned money. If they haven't looked they are probably just a salesperson trying to increase their sales figures.

Thanks for the info Nev

ajedi2k

ajedi2kasked

Anyone got this unit installed and running for few months? any complaints or all good news?

mattyd1

I have this unit for over 4 yrs and it never failed. Very reliable and economical

Get an answer from our members and Toshiba representatives