Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL (2007-2022) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL 2021 and Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL 2023. Wagon, Double-Cab, Single-Cab, Troop Carrier (See All)
Listing monitored by Toyota

3 questions from our users

D.Basked
VDJ GXL Double-Cab (2007-2022)

Would you recommend a decoder on a 79 series
If your going on a lap of Oz
To get you out of trouble with limp mode issues

Shooter

I haven’t even heard of limp mode on a 79 series and I’m not convinced it exists.
Certainly neither me nor any one I know has has limp mode appear on that vehicle.

D.B

thanks for that answers that Question.
is the rear axle an issue if you leave standard ?

conceptair
conceptair

Limp mode exists, off key on key will clear an intermittent fault but engine light will stay on till cleared

Craig Jasked
VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Hi, the gear changes in my 2018 79 series can be a bit clunky sometimes, like the syncro is not working properly but is perfect other times - depends on revs when changing gears.

Is this normal?

Shooter

Yes I think it’s normal. I have a 2013 dual cab same gearbox and have experienced the situation u describe. It’s a light truck gearbox not a sport car gearbox. The only times I hear a crunch r if I change too quickly or use too many revs.

thanks

Tom
Tomasked
VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022)

G’day guys, I’ve got a single cab gxl Ute with 180,000 on the clock, I’ve found that when I reverse sometimes the cab feels like it’s jumping up and down, also when I look out the back window on bumpy roads I see movement between the cab and the tray headboard, wondering if there’s something wrong with the chassis or if anyone else has experienced this. Kinda hard to explain but hopefully you get what I mean

Diab0lus
Diab0lus

Clutch shudder?

Shooter

Check all the mounting bolts for tray and cab.

See all Toyota LandCruiser 70 questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL (2007-2022)