Trek Fuel EX 8

Trek Fuel EX 8

ex cal 8. very bad experience

Bad experience from start to finish. Same as other guys ex cal 8 worst machine ever.where do I start.
Crank fell off. Gear shifter broke. Spokes continually broke Until I had enough went to a different dealer and had wheel replaced. Finally back brake Completely failed off road on down hill track. I came off bike and knocked myself out. Full tear in shoulder tendon. Snapped bone. Fracture on neck so as to wear a neck collar for months. Swollen knee.
What can I say dissapointed does not even cut it!!!! Please do not get one of these bikes of using for off road they are dangerous!!!. I am seeing more and more reports of the same issues with This particular bike.
TREK PLEASE AMEND THIS BIKE.
or at least emphasis on it being not suitable for off road.

Very bad experience.

Trek Excaliber 8. Paid nearly $1200.00 for this bike. Within 3 months crank fell off, spokes broke, rear de railer broke, gear lever mechanism broke. All product failures and replaced by dealer except for continual breaking of rear spokes which I had to pay for as I was told this is not covered by warranty and was due to riding on rough trails. In the end got sick of taking bike back to dealer to have broken spokes replaced so spent over $200 to get all rear spokes replaced (by a Giant dealer) and since then none have broken. Personally I would not buy another Trek.

I bought mine in the US three years ago and have put about 1300km (all off road) on it. It has been absolutely excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to someone else. The hydraulic brakes stop on a dime with a minimum of effort and the gear shifting is pretty much flawless. My Trek Fuel Ex8 has been trouble free. Previously rode a Giant Warp DS3... no comparison.
Handles brilliantly, strong, great brakes and gear shifting, reliable and comfortable. Really responsive to acceleration.
Nothing I can think about. Perhaps a high centre of gravity but I am 183cm tall so that is forgivable.