Trek Fuel EX 8

Trek Fuel EX 8

See the Best Mountain Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ex cal 8. very bad experience

Very bad experience.

Trek Excaliber 8. Paid nearly $1200.00 for this bike. Within 3 months crank fell off, spokes broke, rear de railer broke, gear lever mechanism broke. All product failures and replaced by dealer except for continual breaking of rear spokes which I had to pay for as I was told this is not covered by warranty and was due to riding on rough trails. In the end got sick of taking bike back to dealer to have broken spokes replaced so spent over $200 to get all rear spokes replaced (by a Giant dealer) and since then none have broken. Personally I would not buy another Trek.

bigrog

bigrog

I bought mine in the US three years ago and have put about 1300km (all off road) on it. It has been absolutely excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to someone else. The hydraulic brakes stop on a dime with a minimum of effort and the gear shifting is pretty much flawless. My Trek Fuel Ex8 has been trouble free. Previously rode a Giant Warp DS3... no comparison.
Handles brilliantly, strong, great brakes and gear shifting, reliable and comfortable. Really responsive to acceleration.
Nothing I can think about. Perhaps a high centre of gravity but I am 183cm tall so that is forgivable.