Reviewer Photos & Videos
Gem of a bike at a great price.
Coming from a 26 inch tyres and a smaller size frame (bike got stolen from train station) to this large 29er with 21.5 inch frame was a treat to ride. The difference of ride I felt was huge. Hardly any pressure on my knees, loving the more upright position. Riding over inclined surfaces is better than before.
The quality of the bike is just excellent for a $400-$500 bike. I bought when the sale was on so even better. 29 X 2.20 tyres grip and comfort is excellent. Changing the gears is quick and haven't miss the beat yet. Handle bar has palm re...st which is really helpful during long rides. Fork seems fine on bumps so far with 75mm size running. I have not done any extreme trails but it's much better than previous bike. Saddle is comfortable too as it is firm but not rock hard. Breaks are mechanical and working fine, would have liked the hydraulic ones but with sale only on Marlin 4 the difference was $200 with marlin 5 which I could not resist. Weight is fine for me and does not feel heavy, I easily put it on top of my car bike rack. Trek bikes have a complimentary first service which one should always use. I think Marlin 4 is a great bike and will recommend if anyone is looking for a solid entry level bike.
Purchased in April 2019 at Trek Bikes hoppers Crossing for $419.00.
High quality Mountain Bike
First time I have owned a “proper” bike, but for $500 brand new, I’m very impressed with the build quality. The bike has an alloy frame, mechanical disk brakes, front fork shock suspension and 29” alloy rims. Gear shifters/de-raiders all Shimano. Amazing to ride, feels very solid and high quality. Gear changing very smooth and those big rims eat up distance! I got it with a rear luggage rack which has been very useful. Disc brakes don’t have the initial bite of conventional bicycle brakes so need getting used to, but braking is more progressive..., so is more predictable. For me the handle bars are a bit too straight so you are riding in a bent forward position, ok for competition but I would prefer to be more upright. Will be looking to replace at some stage with more swept back set. Trek offer a lot of accessories which is handy. Grips are nice with a shaped palm support. Overall, very happy for what I paid. A quality bicycle.
Questions & Answers
What's the price of trek marlin 4 mountain bike
- The Trek Marlin 4 is an introductory mountain bike that has all you need to both tackle the trail and commute to work or campus.
- Front suspension on the bike with a suspension fork with 75mm of travel lets you comfortably absorb big bumps on the path.
- A flat handlebar gives you greater control over the bike whether you’re on or off the trail.
- The mountain bike has 21 speeds with a range of gearing for you to easily tackle a variety of terrains.
- Mechanical disc brakes give this bike extra stopping power in all kinds of weather conditions, giving you peace of mind in rougher environments.
- It has a rack and mudguard mounts, giving it the versatility for it to double as a commuter.
- The bike costs $599.99 and comes with a lifetime warranty.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.