Troll Sun

Troll Sun

See the Best Cots in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Troll

3.5
  • Safety

KimDarling Downs, QLD

Great cot bed set

We bought the Cot and drawers with change table on top with the theory that the cot bed would last. Our little one is nearly 5 and is still in the cot bed. We’ve never had any issues with the cot or the drawers and found that the larger sized drawers are perfect. We had to order sheets for the mattress from UK stores (marks and spencer) but they offer free delivery to Australia over Xmas so this wasn’t an issue and we stocked up. A little annoying not being able to buy sheets in Australia but not the end of the world. I would recommend this set as we found it to be sturdy and hard wearing (5 years in and no issues). Hoping to now sell it on as we need big girl furniture.

Purchased in April 2016.

Kim

All good now as she’s just got too big for it. Good to know though if re-sale thank you

Troll Drawers nearly dropped and clipped our family's feet

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby-Direct Physical store for $1,200.00.

Drawers broken... again

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $1,300.00.

Find out how Troll Sun compares to other Cots

Nice design but safety issues

Beautifully designed (and at its price you would expect that) but the width between each of the rods on the side is too large and my daughter constantly gets her legs stuck/ caught. She moves around a lot when she sleeps and I’m often woken by her screams for me to come and free her limbs that have been wedged. The rods should be closer together. Such a shame as it’s great otherwise. Would not recommend :(

Jenine K.Troll

Hi Samantha. Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you are concerned about the design of the cot. We can assure you that the design meets all relevant standard specifications which includes the distance between the bars

belsSydney, NSW

Troll Sun cot & toddler bed conversion, dresser and change table

We bought all three items for our first baby. We liked the simple, clean look at a reasonable price. They have all lasted well, 5.5 years and two babies later. The only issues we've had are that the drawers on the dresser dont close all the way too easily, and the odd mattress size for the cot has been super frustrating finding sheets for in Australia. The larger sized sheets still make the flimsy mattress supplied bend, and it was difficult to find a custom fit mattress. Still like the solid feel and the fact that there is no dangerous drop side.

Purchased in February 2014.

Jenine K.Troll

Thank you for the review and you will pleased to know that our distributor Danish by Design has developed sheets to fit the mattress size exactly under their own brand PixieBaby. These will be available in store and online in November 2019

bels

These would have been perfect!! Great idea.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Meg
MegSydney, NSW

Drawers do not work properly

I loved this dresser in the shop because of the size of the drawers and the fact that the product seemed like really good quality. However, the drawers have never worked properly, and I've broken many nails just trying to get them open. So much for "soft close"!! I was happy to pay extra for a quality product and it's only caused me frustration. Perhaps we just got a dodgy one?

Purchased in July 2018.

Nick
NickGlenroy

Troll Cot and Dresser

We bought the troll sun cot and dresser. The cot is wonderful and being used by my second child now. The dresser looks great but could perhaps do with a few more screws to hold it together.

Purchased in March 2015.

Love our entire Troll Sun nursery

We purchased the cradle, cot, change table and chest of drawers for our first baby born in September 2017 and we are incredibly happy with the craftsmanship of every piece. The nursery not only looks great but each piece is extremely sturdy and well built, nothing flimsy about this range at all. Yes the mattress for both the cradle and cot are thin but if you do your research you will see that they do meet Australian standards and they have not been a cause of concern for us. Our baby has slept through from very early on in both the cradle and cot so mustn’t be too uncomfortable either! We have absolutely no regrets in purchasing this range.

Other Cots

Great looking cot, terrible mattress

Like the other reviews, the mattress is flimsy and thin, and it has not even been 12 months of use! Will not be purchasing the same mattress from the company who supplies it. Looking into getting one custom made. Complete waste of money as the ‘included’ mattress is somewhat of poor quality. Should have bought a Boori.

Mel_lita

Love the cot and dresser, mattress is terrible

I absolutely love the sun troll cot, it looks great and the dresser is amazing, the draws are so smooth and I love the overall design.
The mattress is terrible and we have since purchased a made to measure mattress that is nice and firm, the mattress should not be sold as its way too soft.
I would encourage anyone that is considering buying this cot to purchase a separate mattress which are around $130.

Mel_lita

The separate mattress was order through Baby Bunting and made to measure.

Laurak
LaurakPerth WA

Troll sun dresser - Change table

I found the change table attachment very impractical because the drawers don't sit flush with the wall. The change table top (albeit removable ) sticks out the back so things are constantly falling down the back of it so you cant have your accoutrements at hand because they fall down the back. Very annoying

Not good

I bought a Troll Sun Cot for my newborn daughter; my son 20mths currently uses a Boori cot. The Troll Sun cot looks amazing but the mattress is too soft & an odd size so regular size sheets are loose on the mattress meaning baby can grab them & creating a potential hazard. It was fine when baby was a newborn and didn't move but now that baby is commando crawling in bed & rolling, the softness of the mattress creates give when baby moves meaning they can grab the sheets. I have tried tying sheets under mattress, tried different material sheets, different size sheets but this is still the case. Also the cylinder rails look fabulous but baby can hold on to them so you will need a cot bumper

Paint chipping

Purchased in 2015, and little one only used for 1 month and paint started chipping from edges, and change table had paint cracking along the grain of the wood.. Ended up receiving full refund. They where happy to just replace problem areas but I requested refund as wasn't interested in pulling apart and rebuilding to only have more problems occur later on.

Becca
BeccaSydney

Great cot

I fell in love with the Troll Sun Cot when I saw it online. Seeing it in person confirmed how much I liked it. I'm very short have no trouble putting my daughter in and out. We used the Troll Sun Bassinet until our daughter started rolling so have only used the cot on the lower level. Not having a drop side has not been an issue for me at all. I've actually found this cot is much better for me and my height than taller ones that have a dropside.

Justine
JustineMelbourne, Victoria

Fantastic

I purchased this cot for my newborn, in a lovely white wash colour, cot is extremely solid, sides don't come down but easy to pick up Bub not to much bending, cot has 2 adjustable levels, and very easy to assemble, cot came with mattress included it was great value.

Chantell
Chantellasked

Could you please tell me the recommended mattress height to meet Australian standards? All I can find online is 140 x 70, however no mention of height.

Kim

The recommendation is between 8-10cm thick. Less than 8 may be too thin and they’re usually quite cheap and more than 10 may be too squishy. Needs to be firm enough to support their head so it doesn’t sink.

Jenine K.Troll

Hi Chantell, If you're thinking of the PixieBaby mattress dimensions, they are 140 x 70 x 10cm. Here's a link to the specs if that helps: https://www.danishbydesign.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Mattress-details-2.pdf

Sarah
Sarahasked

The cot is beautiful but I am beyond frustrated at not being able to find any sheets or matress protectors that fit properly. We have tried multiple brands that are close to the right dimensions with no luck. I see the distributor now has a white or grey sheet that fits but I really would like more options for sheets. I am happy to order from overseas but can't find anything despite the cot being more of a European size. Any help as to brands that fit properly that are available here in Australia or overseas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mary
Maryasked

Need an owner manual for the sun cot. Any help?

Get an answer from our members and Troll representatives

CategoryCots