Tumbleweed 220L Compost Tumbler

Tumbleweed 220L Compost Tumbler

2.9

tina

tinaSouthern and Hills, SA

for older people, too heavy & too low to empty

Makes great compost but Too heavy to rotate easily. Too low to empty into a barrow for older users. surprisingly bad design. has any one come up with an ability to add a handle or motorise it?

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $200.00.

Davide L.

Davide L.Western District, VIC

Perfect for compost

I purchased many years ago, still function it very well. It makes mulch in about 4 weeks and pure compost in six weeks time. You can use it to produce liquid fertilize. I have never been disappointed with this good little buy

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

don robertson

don robertson

Not a good buy at any price

The basic design flaws in this tumbler make it more trouble that its worth. The central rotation spindle that passes through the barrel acts as a barrier inside and prevents proper mixing of contents. The same spindle is also a nuisance when trying to remove contents after composting. Removing contents is even more annoying because the height of the opening when the barrel is rotated downwards, is too close to the ground to get any but the smallest container underneath. PoIntless anyway, as you end up having to get in up to your elbows to remove contents blocked by the spindle. Finally, it does not produce good compost. After many weeks and regular rotation, most of my contents was only slightly broken down. Very disappointing product.

Purchased in March 2019 for $99.00.

Compost Bins

Find out how Tumbleweed 220L Compost Tumbler compares to other Compost Bins

Tarcoola

TarcoolaMount Tarcoola

Excellent for the price

It's not perfect but for the price it's been excellent. If it gets loaded up I guess it would be heavy for a woman or and older person to tumble but it's nothing for an able bodied man. For those with cracking plastic I would suggest keeping it out of the direct sunlight if possible. I'd also suggest tilting it to the horizontal to get the compost out. I'm getting to old to remember when I bought it but it's been a few years.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Does not last long

The brackets cannot take the weight of the compost. Becomes very heavy to turn and after not that long the metal brackets started to bend and break. All I have left is the bin. Pretty disappointing for a $200 composter. I would not purchase this again. I bought two and they both suffered the same fate.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

elle MMelbourne

Disappointed in this Australian Made Product

Have had this tumbler for many years, but the only original part is the stand. The plastic barrel has been replaced a number of times. Disappointed that it has such a short life span - thickness of axle point material is inadequate leading to cracking. It is difficult to remove compost with the bin so close to the ground. Once again the axle point has had a home repair attempted, but would not buy this bin again.

Hard to use and cracking after 12 months

I agree with the previous reviewer that it is very hard to tumble after it starts filling up. She is also right in that its very hard to extract the compost as its so close to the ground.
Mine has also just started to crack near the top where the lid connects and no surprise its out of warranty after 12 months. Not good enough for a $200 product!

JHW

JHWSeaford Rise, SA

A great Product

KBW

KBWBallarat, Victoria

Works well so far!

We've only had this bin for a couple of weeks, but I found assembly easy and I don't have any problems tumbling it (I'm a 5'3" 29-year-old woman) - we've put about 30L from the kitchen in it so far. I can see how people would find it heavy, but I also imagine that hand-forking any compost pile would require a lot more strength and effort than this tumbler.

I will update my review in a few months depending on further experience, but right now the bin hasn't yet filled up so I can't speak to the difficulty of turning it when full or the durability of the materials.

Compost Bins

Find out how Tumbleweed 220L Compost Tumbler compares to other Compost Bins

Amy

AmyPerth

It DOES NOT work!

This compost tumbler does not work as it is supposed to do. 1. When it is half full with green kitchen waste, it is so heavy I cannot tumble it. I needed both my husband and my son to tumble it together. 2. To get the compost out of the bin is a challenge! The compost is not reachable by opening the top cover. The bottom cover is so close to the ground, it's hard to get the compost out. I wonder if it has been trial and tested by a woman gardener! No, I won't recommend this product, esp to a fellow woman gardener.

mcalary

mcalarySouth East Queensland, QLD

A good product, but could be better

Purchased in March 2009.

jenny b

jenny basked

Am I able to buy lids to the tumbler. The rats have chewed out the breathe holes and just chew around whatever plug I used. The last plug was wire. Effectively the current lids are too vunerable to being chewed.

Adam

Adamasked

We have just bought one, after construction of bin I put legs together. They are loose and DO NOT LOCK. So I had to get two of us holding the stand in different spots so it wouldn't fall apart. It still did! Why don't they lock and become solid? Also what is the secret to get it started without stuff falling out the PERMANENT OPEN AIR HOLES? Thanks

gbung

gbungasked

is it possible to purchase a new frame, and if so how much are they please, the actually tumbler is in good condition

elle M

At www.products.tumbleweed.com.au you can buy the complete frame for the 220L. Cost is $71.50.