VerifiedMPN:U14005K

Safety

ken
kenPerth, WA16 posts

unimig viper cut 30amp bundle kit

pretty good but id say dont bother with the bundle kit that comes with the welding helmet, the helmet is kinda poor quality Show details
arthur
arthurCentral Queensland, QLD2 posts

Should of bought one years ago

Works straight out of the box. Cuts like butter.. great bit of kit, nothing bad too say.. Show details ·  1
D Dog
D DogNSW19 posts

Expensive consumables

I know your out to make a dollar Unimig, but for goodness sake, you can’t even give a stand-off guide with the Viper 30 (KUPJRVC30) ? In my opinion that is just miserable! I will also note you are gouging customers with what you expect for consumables. If I were buying again I would definitely consider other brands and models based on these facts. Show details
Bernie
Bernie3 posts

Easy As

I bought this dedicated plasma cutter for a home project. Couldn't be happier very easy to use and enabled me to make a piece of art for the front yard. The Viper cut the sheet metal quickly and cleanly. The only accessory I bought was a standoff which will preserve some of the consumables. My compressor is probably a little underpowered but I managed .
I would happily recommend this plasma cutter for the home workshop Show details ·  1
Simon
SimonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great handy machine

Very hand little machine. I use the 45 at work, but the 30 is a great machine to have a home for the smaller jobs. Very happy with the way it performs. Show details ·  1
Evan H.
Evan H.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Game changer

Setup was clear and easy, I followed the recommendation and got the air filter to protect the torch and the consumables. Initial tests were with 10mm steel that I had laying around and it cut through this with little effort. I use the machine for hobby art so never going to use it for that thickness but nice to know it can, this tool has been a game changer it has sped up production my only regret was not getting one sooner. Show details ·  1
stewart
stewart

Warranty

Have had this machine and the hand piece suffered a breakdown and was under warranty and it cost me 180 dollars to get fixed. Changing inner nozzle and it sheared off half way out. Would not buy one of these machines too flimsy and renewables are expensive.
Aussie Driver
Aussie DriverGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Luxury, but once you use it saves time

Getting clean cuts definitely takes practice. I find freehand too challenging so have the use a guide, but any roughness in guide can easily wreck the cut. Viper Cut 30 really is easy to use from a controls side. Just set air flow right; turn unit on; and leave dial on max amps. Seriously don't bother adjusting down. Show details ·  1
Whiskers Welds
Whiskers WeldsNorth Queensland, QLD

Great machine

Wikkid machine once you master it .. thin materials moving fast and thick moving slowly. Use the height guide on the tip and watch for any sparks coming out the top.. if so then slow your pace down. Cut 12 mm mild steel no worries. Use water filter on compressor is a must.
Can cut down the middle of a permanent marker line
View cutting on Whiskers Welds on FB
Go buy one .. Show details ·  1
Happy
HappySouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Just what the doctor ordered

I wanted a 10 amp household electrical pin for the plasma cutter. The Viper Plasma was easy to setup and connect to the compressor via a dry air filter (essential) to avoid cutter head collapse. I used the Viper to cut through old pool fencing posts along with old metal bed frames - took seconds. Unbelievable tool that has already saved me time and effort.  Show details ·  1
Annoyed
AnnoyedPerth, WA2 posts

Chris
ChrisMid North Coast, NSW2 posts

My second Unimig plasma cutter

I have only cut 3mm aluminium propeller plate.
The plasma cutter was turned up to full amps.
It was a good cut , travel speed had to be slow.
The Unimig Viper Cut 30 is operating as expected for a single phase inverter. Show details ·  1
matt_j22
matt_j22South-Eastern Region, NSW

Fabulous and capable little machine

Cuts very neat on 70psi and, although not rated for it, was surprised that it was capable of (severance) cutting 20mm mild steel. Consumables are also well priced and easy to find.  Show details ·  1
Richard A.
Richard A.4 posts

Value for money plas

It's been a while since I've had access to a plasma cutter at home.
But when you do you wonder how you lived without one.
I'm not fabricating oil tankers. Just tinkering at home.
One of the best machines I've used in a while for the small workshop fabrication  Show details ·  1
Brendon
Brendon

Great little tool

Very impressed with this machine's cutting ability, especially given its 30amp output. (Eats 8mm plate for breakfast!) Replaces a 40amp Plasma that couldn't cut beyond 5mm material. Given I have only had the Unimig Viper Cut 30 for a week or two I have no hesitations in recommending it to anyone who needs a light weight, powerful, mobile Plasma Cutter. Show details ·  1

Peter H
Peter H

I'm asking the same question as Tim above. How do you connect the air hose to the Unimig. Is there a quick clamp that fits or do i need to manually clamp on a hose? Thanks Peter

UNIMIG   DM

Hi Peter, you can get a 6mm Nitto fitting, or you can use a hose clamp.

Tim
Tim

Does anyone know what the air fitting on the back of these is? I just got mine and it looks like a hose barb of some sort. Was sort of expecting a quick connect (maybe Nitto) after watching the promotional videos.
Also has anyone purchased the recommended AT-1000 with it? It appears to have NPT fittings. Going to end up turning a bunch of adapters up at this rate lol.

Austin J.

I recently purchased one of these for our business from United Tools Bendigo Victoria.
I have had it for 4 weeks and used it 6 times to make cuts on the front end of cars to assist in removing the engine.
I bought it under advisement from United Tools Bendigo that it would be suitable for helping strip cars.
Today when I went to use it, nothing happened when I pulled the trigger.

I returned the unit to United Tools Bendigo and was told that the trigger and nozzle were burnt out and that I would be paying the repair of $300 as it was not covered under warranty.

After some discussion I was told to leave the unit so it could be sent to Craigieburn so that they could inspect it, I was told they would likely find water damage???? and that it would not be covered under warranty. (I have a quality water trap on my compressor air line out)

I am hoping that someone can help me with this as I am now without my new tool which is very inconvenient.

Kind Regards,
Austin.

regpye
regpye
Austin J.

Thank you very much for your advice, I really appreciate it.
I am hoping they do the right thing.