United Airlines

United Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Traveller

TravellerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

WORST AIRLINE

We flew from Denver to Sydney via San Francisco. Both my wife and I lost our luggage, we reported this including all details (luggage tags, names, addresses, flight numbers etc) United Airlines response can be summed up in three words. We dont know. And worse, I suspect that they dont care.

saz

sazSydney

Went from Sydney to Newark! I was abit worried at first from reading reviews but was such a great flight! I couldn’t fault it even the flight back to Sydney was great!! The food was only as good as airplane food gets but the seats were comfy good stuff and good movie variety

Food
In-Flight Entertainment
DestinationNewark, NJ, USA
David D.

David D.Hobart, TAS

Wow... worse that we could have imagined!

One great staff member at the desk in Houston... everyone else seems to be in the wrong job. Charged us $250 per leg to carry our bikes home, despite us having no other checked in baggage and the bike boxes cut down smaller than suitcases others were checking in at at no cost. Then laughed at us for questioning the policy. Actually laughed and shared it with their staff mates who also just laughed... then abysmal, disinterested service on the 17 hour flight. Joined Jetstar and Qantas, yes Qantas on our no fly list.

Food
DestinationLos Angeles, CA, USA
Review11Review

Review11ReviewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

United but divided

United - absolutely horrible experience. Majority of the staff are clueless with the rare two or three that actually care and will probably leave.

On one of our flights the attendants found more attention in their phones than in their job and were just generally rude.

Avoid the absolute hassle , disregard and indifference of united and just fly with a different carrier the savings on flights are NOT worth it

Youlia

YouliaMelbourne

I have travel from Melbourne to LA and then from LA to Honolulu. Both flights were excellent. There weren’t any delays with the schedule. The food on both flights was excellent. I really enjoyed the flights .On the way to Hawaii we have used the free entertainment using the united app which was excellent. I would not have any hesitation using United again to my next fly to USA.

russell

russellMelbourne

scum of the air

positives. flight left on time. that's it.
we got stuck with United as part of our international flight. our tickets allowed for 1 carry on per person. at the gate they decided to make it 1 between 4 of us. no explanation just threats. this airline is a disgrace with no customer service.

Bob

Bob

Sack the CEO

Nigel

Nigel

Terrible Customer Service and Attitude

Interceptor GT

Interceptor GTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Didn't Have a Black Eye...

Travelled UA from Melbourne to LAX then on to Houston and back the same way.

Couldn't fault them: aircraft was new and clean, service was as expected, in flight entertainment was good, premium economy seating was worth the extra dollars. Flights were on time and good value in my opinion. And didn't notice anyone being beaten to a pulp and dragged off the plane.

I'd fly with them again.

AngelaGo

AngelaGoBasin view

Will definitely book again!:)

We flew Economy flights with United airlines from Sydney to San Francisco and Los Angeles to Sydney recently and both flights went really smooth. Their Service was fantastic! Check in process was fast! Considering that we flew from one of the busiest airports across the globe. And the best part is the ticket price and value. Me and my hubby were very happy. :) we paid 1,097 aud two way. Along with it we had 2pcs of 23kg luggage allowance each, inflight entertainment, pillows, blankets already provided, drinks all through out the flight and we were fed 5x each flight, and the toilets were clean! :) all these are mentioned are my top priorities when picking for a flight. :)

langwarrin

langwarrinlangwarrin

customer service

Getting offloaded and poor customer service with bad attitude.

AndrewPadstow

Wonderful service

Flew United to San Francisco and returned from Los Angeles. Also 4 domestic internal US flights with United, absolutely brilliant. Very friendly and helpful staff both on the ground and in the air.. Highly recommended

LuckyMelbourne

How to Travel

VTN

VTNRosebsy

United Airlines - great airlines. New aircraft. Great services

I flew on United Airlines to Los Angelos. I was amaze of the plane and services. Initially I wanted to purchase Qantas but an agent Mega Holidays quoted me United fare cheaper $350 compare to Qantas. I am glad I booked and flew with United. I am happy with United Airlines services. Before the trip I heard some friends mentioned about United. However United Airlines surprised me. I very happy and would fly with United Airlines again

Worst customer service experience ever!!!

Well, let me start off by saying that I never made the trip with UA since my flight was cancelled the night before (roughly around 15 hour before departure time). I simply got a one-line message saying that my flight was cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. No apologies offered. I called the customer service to confirm this and "uh huh" was the only answer I got. Again, no apologies made. The customer rep's attitude was extremely indifferent and just plain rude. Never, will I fly with this airline before. If you're thinking of flying long-haul flights with them, I advise you to think twice!

RobbedVictim

RobbedVictim

THE WORST THIEVES !!!! WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED!!!!!

E jane

E janeSydney

Froze my money even after payment!!!!

They steal money and are fraudulent

United airlines stole $1,100 from my credit card! They did this over four transactions, possibly to 'go unnoticed'. They are Fraudulent and should be overseen by law enforcement.

I have evidence of this, my bank statements and the refunds, where it was shown to be fraudulent activity (otherwise, they wouldn't have refunded the money)
DO NOT TRAVEL WITH THEM OR GIVE THEM ANY BANK DETAILS.

TracyT17

TracyT17asked

We are travelling with 3 children aged 8, 11 and 13. Are united airlines accommodating and friendly especially being their first flights? We are travelling from Melbourne to LAX with United

Lucky

I guess "accomodating " is a two way street, Firstly , did you book direct with United . Com and have you reserved your seats. ? With children you do not want to be to far from the toilets. Also, look up your flight on United.com to see the seating configuration chart ,and also join their free loyalty program Mileage plus and give your membership numbers at check in. Here is a hint, take a nice box of wrapped chocolates on board for the crew with a smile........hope this helps, Warm Regards, Tony . G.

Andrew

I booked via travel agent not direct and found them to be excellent

Lucky

Hi Andrew, The reason I book thru the UA website direct is. (1) I have seen travel,agents go insolvent and provide you with a false printed itinerary and they abscond with your funds.(2) The UA website keeps you up to date with time /schedule changes via your email and their loyalty program,Mileage Plus, which is free to join. (3) Booking directly ,you can scan the seating configuration and click on which seats you want and also apply for cabin upgrades..It is trouble free and you can keep a check on you Reservation all you want. TG

Lou

Louasked

I'm flying from LA to Melbourne, AU. What type of food is offered and at what price? Is wifi free?

CDAussie
CDAussie

If you fly with united food and drink is complementary. Not too bad a range. Wifi costs but entertainment is free.

yoke fein kwan

yoke fein kwanasked

I had book flight from LA to Toronto on the 7/9,now my application for US visa had not approve,what should I do?if I were to cancels my booking,how mach am i being charge?

Melmaus
Melmaus

Hi Yoke Fein
I cannot answer your question as I don't work for United Airlines. I had a serious problem with United when we flew on one of their planes and my wife was not allowed to get to her medication and she had an asthma attack on the plane. You best get hold of your travel agent and let them assist you with your problem.
Regards