The best thing I’ve bought

Couldn’t have been any happier buying this, I love the look of it, it makes everything look so joyful and colourful, it’s also helped me keep all my sons toys in the same spot! And extra comfy, he sits there for hours playing with his toys, well worth the money and I’ll be keeping it for the future, also easy to assemble

Overall great

Love that its big for bubs to crawl explore safely but did have one connection at top break clearly faulty as its a very sturdy part of playpen. Rang customer service first and ladie was very rude. Poor customer service no intent to help. Have to go back in-store to oganise $12 part under warranty.....

Great for our son!

We found this great for our son. It was very easy to set up. We have found the size is perfect and allows lots of play room to crawl around and to still have his toys in there to play with. We wish we got it sooner rather then later

Great for our grandson

We bought the VEebee six sided playpen for when our grandson visits, which is quite often. We have used the mat on its own when he was rolling and we were sitting outside, it was large and nicely padded and made us comfortable that he was a on a clean safe spot.
We now use it when we need to put him in a safe space if we are in the kitchen for instance. He can comfortably play in it and if he falls over he had not hurt himself. Big enough to store his toys etc when he leaves. Love the bright red colours. Mat is fairly easy to wipe down. He has however pulled off the velcro when he is outside the playpen, but when he is inside it, all good.

Good but has safety concerns

We own the 6 panel Vee Bee Play Yard and our have 6 month old baby has been in it for a few weeks.

Pros:
It's quite spacious due to its hexagonal shape.
Assembling was not that tricky.
See through mesh allows parents to monitor the baby while being outside of the play yard.

Cons:
Bottom mat isn't thick enough.

We have noticed that when the baby rolls around edges of the base, baby's head hit right bang on metal frame at the bottom.

He would kneel up and roll so that the head would hit hard from a distance of at least 200 mm directly on these metal frames. When you work out the force, area of impact and the pressure of impact, it is quite concerning. I was wondering what safety tests that has been conducted to confirm that these metals frames do not pose a treat to baby's head.

Can Vee Bee confirm that these metal frames cannot cause head injuries due to baby's movements?

Seriously, for the price...?

For the amount of money you pay to get this new, it should be so much better than this. Thankfully I got mine off eBay. Yes it does the job to provide a space for your little one. However, if you don't have soft flooring do not bother, because the mat provides no padding whatsoever! I had to put a lot of foam mat underneath the mat on my tiled floor.
And I notice it shrinks/lost its shape after washing? It also does not secure enough to the mat/floor. No gates. Velcro is useless, my babe can easily undo the velcro, and then the zip that covers the gaps between panels.

Its good, but not great. especially for the price.
Easy to install, spacious (6 sides only), mesh panels, I like the fact that the mat is portable, I even use it outside in the backyard sometimes.
Expensive. Spacious also means it takes a lot of room (with the 6 sides), no gate, velcro is pretty easy to undo for toddlers, and most of all... no padding in the mat!

See all Valco 4 and 6 Sides Panel Play Yard reviews

Does anyone know the dimensions of the panels individually? All I can find is the total. Need to know if it will fit in the boot of my car as I'm borrowing a six sided playpen from a friend.
It comes with the plastic corner bits attached so you need to allow 105cm (3ft 5) X 65cm (2ft 1)

Based on previous reviews I note that you can put 2 play pens together. Do you have any examples of how this configuration will look and what the final dimensions would be?

Why are these so hard to unfold> Is there something I can spray to make them move easier?
Hi Martha, thanks for the question. Being a play yard for children, we have to ensure that it is secure for the child. We don't recommend the use of any unnecessary sprays, particularly as it isn't uncommon for kids to put the panels in their mouths etc. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to call our customer service team on 03 9581 8000

CategoryPlaypens