Valco 4 and 6 Sides Panel Play Yard

Valco 4 and 6 Sides Panel Play Yard Questions & Answers

6 Panel and 4 Panel

25 questions from our users

Is it a permanent yard or can it be folded for everyday use

Valco and Vee Bee which one is better or which one is more padded

Can spare parts like the caps on the top of the poles be purchased from you?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the panels individually? All I can find is the total. Need to know if it will fit in the boot of my car as I'm borrowing a six sided playpen from a friend.
It comes with the plastic corner bits attached so you need to allow 105cm (3ft 5) X 65cm (2ft 1)

Based on previous reviews I note that you can put 2 play pens together. Do you have any examples of how this configuration will look and what the final dimensions would be?

Why are these so hard to unfold> Is there something I can spray to make them move easier?
Hi Martha, thanks for the question. Being a play yard for children, we have to ensure that it is secure for the child. We don't recommend the use of any unnecessary sprays, particularly as it isn't uncommon for kids to put the panels in their mouths etc. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to call our customer service team on 03 9581 8000

Is it possible to order replacement yellow cups that are on top of each corner? Thanks

What is the dimension of the 6 side playpen?
Hi Jane, the dimensions are 1690 x 1526 x 615

Can the mat be purchased separately and if so how much does it cost?
Hi Colleen, thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately the mat for the 6 sided play yard is not a product that we keep as a spare part.

Am I able to get the mesh covers off to hand wash?
Hi Katie Thanks for getting in touch. The mesh panels of your 6 Sided Play Yard are not removable. We recommend a gentle spot- wash using a very mild detergent to keep it looking sharp! Hope this helps!I've just bought one second hand and had the same question. but I found that it wasn't too hard to pull it apart to get the sides off to wash. it's silly that it isn't designed to be able to do this.you do need a screw driver but it's all clips together so not hard to pull apart, especially an old one that's a bit worn. not sure if a brand new would be so easy

What are the dimensions of the 4 sided play own?
Hi Simone, the four sided playyard dimensions are as follows 97cm L x 97cm W x 65cm H.

Do you have a response for review regarding thickness of mat and safety concerns?
Hi Amy, I was given this test report by Vee Bee CSR: https://goo.gl/3BiCvA - which says Safety specification for expansion gates and expandable enclosures - Pass. I am unaware of Australian Standard for play yards (I only know AS 2172 is for cots) so I am unable to verify this.Hi Amy, Please contact myself on 03 9581 8015, I am happy to assist with your query.

Is there a way to make the panels straight? I have 2 x 6 sided ones and want to make a rectangle with them but can't seem to make the straight side?
Hi Zaria Unfortunately you will not be able to configure your 6 sided Play Yards into one large rectangular shape.

Hi. We have a 6 sided valco baby playpen and unfortunately on one of our outings we have lost one of the Velcro clips that attaches the mat to the playpen. We still have 5 but was wondering if it is possible to purchase another one? Thank you
Hi there, Please contact our spare parts department to arrange some new clips for your 6 Sided Play Yard. The number is 1300 082 526.

Can you join these to make a bigger one?
Hi Clare, Yes you can join one or more of our 6 Sided Play Yards together. However we do not have a play mat that will fit a configuration of more than 6 sides.

Can this be put into different shapes (eg a rectangle) or is it only the fixed hexagon shape?
Hi, This can be configured as a square, using only two of the sides, but you won't be able to secure the mat to it.

If you buy a 6 sided play yard can you put it together as a 4 sided also, when you want to put it in a smaller room for example??
Hello, Yes you can only assemble 4 sides if you would like a smaller play pen as all the sides are detachable. :)Yes you can, although it is not an easy task. If you are likely to be moving it constantly, get the store to demonstrate how to do it.

Hi, I bought the four sided playpen and wanted to know if it was possible to buy extra panels separately?
Hi Stayyc, If you contact our Customer Service team regarding spare parts they will be able to help you with this question, 1300-0-VALCO, or Cust.service@valco.com.au. I hope this helps!

The sides of the play pen have become quite grubby from food, dribble snot etc. Any tips on cleaning this?
I didn't experience this, however I use Huggies baby wipes to clean food off things, so you could try a small test area or white king stain remover spray and then wipe over with a clean sponge and water if stains are set and allow to dry outside. That's what I would try. Good luck!Hello Chocho, thank you for your feedback and question. The sides of the panel can be cleaned using a damp cloth using a soft detergent and air dried in a shade. Huggies wipes are also a good instant solution. Hope this helps.

We bought the 4 sided one and realised unfortunately that we should have bought the 6 sided one. Can we buy another 4 sided one and attach/add it to the other 4 sided one?
Do you know anybody with one also so you can borrow theirs to check? i am not sure on that. I don't see why not although I wouldn't like to say yes and then you find out that the zips don't match up or something. i would ring Valco and find out. Obviously the play mat would not fit properly but you could just use them anyway and not tie them to the posts. I would find if I was to buy the 4-sided one it would not be big enough inside for me although we did take 4 panels on a houseboat for our 1 year old to sit in and play with blocks but she was too enclosed.Hello, I'm not sure if you can do that. Perhaps contact the company directly to be sure. I think it may be possible. If not, you could perhaps sell it on eBay, and then purchase the 6 sided one as another option. Good luck!

Get an answer from our members and Valco Baby representatives