Vax 53000

4.2

LAILA

LAILASydney, NSW

Excellent cleaning performance

The Vax vacuum cleaning is performance is surprisingly very effective considering the low price and picks up very well of any carpet even hair that fallen off onto the floor having main female in the household.
    It’s suction and brush is so useful for any pick dirt on any type of floors. I highly recommend to any it has wet feature as well so you are getting 2 for the price of one.

I need a new battery..

HI, i am on my second battery in my vax, which I was given about 10 years ago. I use it most days and I love it! The second battery hasn't lasted very long for some reason, is there a trick for maintaining the batteries life? Do you know where I can buy a new battery in New Zealand please?

Date PurchasedJan 2007
    lesley kahler

lesley kahlercroydon. Victoria. AUSTRALIA

could not be without.

Great little machine it certainly makes things easier for me. I am unable to stand very long or walk for long so instead of pushing a vacuum which is heavy this machine makes life easier. It is so light and manoverible and picks up just like a vacuum,I can use it every day and only need to vacuum every so often.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Eve

EveEildon

Can't live without it, great

House about 12 square. Light and good suction. All sorts of floors wood and carpet.i have rheaumatoid arthritis and this is very convenient for me to use every day. I can't imagine being without it. My vac is broken at the moment the orange part that attaches to the handle broke. Could you let me know where I can get this parts. Otherwise stores that have them in stock. I find it very hard to be without it.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
    Erin

ErinPerth, WA

Don't waste your money

Had to replace the first one within couple of months due to handle problem. Then 10 months later same problem with the handle but now been told out of warranty as handle is only 12 months warranty even though it says 2 year guarantee online. Guess must be in fine print somewhere (of course) and didn't see it. Wouldnt bother with again as without handle cant use unless I push it around with my foot!!.

KathyN22

KathyN22Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Looks flimsy - Works hard

GV711

GV711South East Queensland, QLD

Not a bad little sweeper

I bought this about a month ago and it cleans both carpets and hard floors. You do have to keep emptying it though as the dust receptacle is not that big and have to clean the brushes often as it does collect pet hair, etc. Battery life lasts more than I expected and I like how lightweight and easy to manoeuvre it is as I do have wrist issues.

Vax A.Vax

Hi GV711 - thanks for taking the time to review your sweeper. We're very happy to hear it is doing a good job and making life a little easier for you. Happy cleaning! Sarah

Vax Revolution

A great little cleaner and used most days. However, the battery has given up and wondering whether a new one can be obtained as the brushes etc. still good

Johno67

Johno67

How awesome is this thing!

It is what it is. It's a flashy, battery powered, dust pan and brush. Instead of lugging the vacuum cleaner out every night to clean up the kids mess we grab the VAX. It is awesome for the quick night time tidy ups. Lasts about 1hr or more of constant running so you can easily get a week out of a charge. Added bonus, the kids call it Mr Orange and love using it.... how great is that! The only downside is how you carry it. If you don't empty it after every use you can spill the dirt out of it
    Quick and easy. Kids love to use it. Dirt cheap
    Sometimes the rubbish falls out of it. Wont vacuum a car

Vax A.Vax

Hi Johno67 - thanks for taking the time to review Mr Orange :) We're thrilled that you're happy with it and we're impressed that the kids love it too! Happy cleaning! Sarah

rederob

rederobBrisbane

Great for a quick clean up

Bec

BecGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works ok for small clean ups, but breaks easily

Update on longevity

I have had this sweeper now for 5 years. This year I noticed that the bristles we starting to fray and the was battery not working for as long. Still enough to do the kitchen, dining and family area but that is it. My young sons often have the job of using it to sweep up after breakfast. And last week one managed to break the handle off, when trying to sweep whilst lying on his stomach. All in all... These days 5 years of abuse is not too bad.

Head very bulky does not fit under the couch

ccoll

My second vac sweeper battery only lasted 23 months however I wasn't as strict in following the instructions of not keeping it charging for longer than 24 hrs at a time, and to run the battery fully down once per month and then turn off the machine.

sparkygirl

sparkygirlAU

Poor battery life

I really liked this initially as it cleaned really well but I've only had it for about 18 months, and in spite of having very little use, the battery hasn't held a charge properly for about 6 months. The cost of a new battery is half the cost of a new unit so I'm not going to bother. I wouldn't buy another one - I'd say it's cost me about $9 a clean!
    Good cleaning power initially.
    Very poor battery life.

rustypup

rustypup

Great for anyone with back problems!

BunG75

BunG75Sydney, NSW

Find out how Vax 53000 compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

We have had this product for around five years now - is great on short carpet and hard floors. I find the direction you go along walls/skirting boards makes a difference to it's efficiency - left side against the wall seems best. Our battery finally failed and we purchased another from VAX direct. Easy to empty. Love it. Even picks up dog hair without too much hassle, and flour off the floor after making pasta.
    Easy to use, light and convenient -it is what it is - great for little quick jobs, and a general fast tidy up.
    None really

Terrible

I wouldnt recommend buying this product because of the weak battery life. Otherwise it worked well for the short time that it did.
    It was great while it lasted ...
    The battery died after a few months, used it twice daily only. Techtronic Industries the distributor in NZ refused to replace or fix it for free. I think it is a weak product. Same thing happened with someone else I know who bought this product.

lealea79

lealea79

This is one of the best products I have ever bought. It is so light and easy to use and moves and swivels so well. It just like vacuuming but with out dragging a heavy vacuum cleaner and cord! I used it on the floor after I had vacuumed and it retrieved even more dust, dirt and especially fluff. Picks up after my children so well - even picks up large pieces of food off the floor!
    Easy, works extremely well, light, efficient. Makes cleaning up after children SOOOO much easier!!
    Nothing at all.

blackwood

blackwood

Good

If you have kids I recommed buying this unit, no need to pull the vacuum cleaner out for a quick clean up around the kids.It is now 6 month old and still going strong good price old on sale at $59 retail $109.We Can't live without it now.
    This unit is light and very easy to manoeuvreeasy it can get under bed (our beds are very low) with no problems, the bagless makes it easy to empty, recharge battery.
    Does't get under kitchen kick boards and dirt does get stuck in cleaner, but we have the same problem the our vacuum cleaner head.