Vax Duo Master Steam Cleaner VSTDUO1600

Vax Duo Master Steam Cleaner VSTDUO1600

See the Best Steam Mops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Steam Mop

I only fill tank once per use.
Floors are spotless after cleaning.
Pads last for ages - dont think I have replaced for a few years.
Cord length could be a bit longer.

Purchased in June 2016.

Floor Type Tiles

Leaves streaks on tiles

The steam doesnt lift off much. You have to go over and over the same spot. It also leaves streaks on our glossy tiles, so i have to dry the tiles with a towel afterwards.

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $150.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Great steam cleaner

I noticed the reviews on this item are quite negative and I'm not sure why. It works well for me, HEAPS of steam and I love all the different attachments! It works best on floors and my carpet. Would highly recommend to have a steam mop in any home. Very pleased.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Useless piece of equipment!

Doesn't produce steam or heat. I hold my finger on the button for 10 minutes, and can still put my hand on the mop part. A little bit of water eventually drips out to make the mop damp, but it does not clean anything. Also, this one is specifically designed NOT to get into corners! Have given up on it, and gone back to an old fashioned mop & bucket - at least this cleans the floors, and gets right into the corners.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Work fine.

I live in a two bed room unit and my kitchen and bathroom is tiles. It works perfectly fine clean really well. I always to add floor cleaner in the tanks to add extra and leave a nice smell. It’s heavy when you trying to use it as a hand held devices but it does come with a strap as well and all other accessories to change the tip and what suite you best on what your cleaning. I’m happy with it. Heats up really hot so make sure you avoid the tip!! It come with two mat which it’s great one the the kitchen and the other for the bathroom. Throw them in the wash and ready to be used again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Not that Impressed

The vax 1600 steam mop so Far is not impressing me or maybe I’m just Asking and wanting to much from the mop , with very poor steam & heat, I seam to be going over my floor again ‭and again, the more I use it the less it seams to stay hot & Produce steam, I’ve Only used it 3,times now on my tile floors - (hallway, kitchen and dining room) which were some what clean to start with , just testing out my new toy., In all fairness to the company and designers , I might not be using it properly, so I have started Searching the net for helpful hints , (So far no Joy), so for now, back to the old mop and bucket for me.

It’s sad I had a really good steam mop years ago , I was so happy with it - I just Can’t remember the name or brand, , I Really do think it was a vax as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Not great but does the job OK

After using a freebie cheap steam mop, I thought buying a mid range steam mop might be better. Not yet convinced with this one. Even after getting some helpful answers from some fellow reviewers, this mop doesn't seem to clean as well as I had hoped.
The steam seems to be intermittant and I find I have to go over my floor a second time in some places. I was hoping it would be effective on the tile grout, but it isn't. I haven't used the hand held as yet so can't comment on its effectiveness.
Manoeuvering is pretty easy however I find holding in the trigger for long periods can be awkward, possibly as I have small hands.
I find I don't have to refill the water tank more than twice to complete an average size kitchen/family room area plus bathrooms.
The pads are reasonable quality, a good size and wash up well.
Overall, the cleaner does the job but after 5 months of use, I'm still not sure that it was worth what I paid for it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great on tiles and bathroom

I purchased the steam mop to clean my tiled floors quickly and cleanly. The mop works very well... dries quickly and leaves no streaks. I have two playful dogs and I like my floors to dry quickly as it's always a home if activity. I also freshen up the rugs and it works a treat.
The tiles in the bathroom come up great too! I don't use chemicals in my home and the steam mop is fabulous to help maintain cleanliness in a non chemical way.
The only tricky bit is holding the handheld for over 15mins as is gets heavy and awkward... other than that, keep the water in and steam away! I've had this product for two weeks and so far so good.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Far better than I expected.

Ok, so all the reviews on steam mops are poor and they really made me question the merit in buying one. However, the thought of pushing a mop and bucket over 170m2 of high gloss tiles again was not appealing. So I bit the bullet, forked out $100 at Harris Scarfe and bought a Vax Dual Master.
I love this thing! It is light and so easy to maneuver and cleans the floor fast. If your floors are filthy or have three weeks worth of weet bix on them then you're going to have to do some extra work, but for a general clean it's brilliant.
The microfiber pads are large - larger than the mop head so there are no missed spots, gets right to the edges. They wash up as good as new. Doesn't fit down the side of my toilet unfortunately but that's my issue not the mop.
I was worried about too much water causing streaks or water marks on my tiles, but there are none. I have high gloss tiles and apart from the odd drip there are no streaks at all.
The tank holds 400mL which is apparently 12 minutes worth of steam. I think it's a bit less but refilling is not hard and you have to move power points anyway. I used 3 tanks worth on my tiles, and it took about 30 minutes - I would spend three hours with a mop and bucket (and towel).
Be realistic in your expectations, read and follow the instructions, treat it kindly and it will do everything it promises.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Ok but unreliable

Had this mop for about 2 1/2 years. The had held attachment was handy and worked well initially, but plastic attachments are flimsy and break easily. The steam produced is not powerful enough to clean properly. The mop head pads fall off easily (I replaced the cords with elastic).
My mop no longer heats up!
This is the second Vax mop I have purchased. The first mod was replaced twice under warranty.
Don't buy this mop if you want something reliable & built to last!

Date PurchasedMay 2014

disappointed

bought one recently used twice then refused to steam very disapointed returned for full refund this was a gift for someone who really needed it waste would not recommend it to anyone as a few have asked how it was i told them dont waste your money buy a normal mop more reliable

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Slow to start but came through

I was initially disappointed as steam was intermittent. I tried again the next week and it came good. Trick is to keep water full and rest it for a big job. Could do with a bigger scrubbing attachment for tiles. Also one set kind of melted out of shape :-/

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Only good for a few uses

Thought this was great at first worked well both floor and attachments but after 3 times on floor and using the attachments around the house twice it stopped working. The worst thing it was a present from the kids and they didn't keep the receipt so it was their money wasted.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Don't Purchase!

Followed instructions - nothing! Lights came on but does not work! Very very disappointing product! Better with a run of the mill mop people - I guess that's the lesson that I have learned from Vax! Pathetic!

Stopped working

About 2yrs old but only used less than 5 times and has already stopped working. Can't find the receipt to return it and is no doubt out of warranty but it has never worked as advertised anyway. Steam coming out is barely noticable and doesnt even heat the floor up. Didn't clean stainless cooktop or windows at all either

Pretty Good, but...

Worked well for about 3-4 months then stopped producing decent steam. I figured out that the resin filter needs replacing. That's cool as I can understand that with hard water types. Anyway, Vax don't sell these. You have to go to Stokes which seems the only place in Australia you can buy them. $35.75 plus $16.00 delivery. They don't stock them either. Seriously!! Just under a third of the price of a new mop. Give me a break. Its gone in the otto and I will check out price of other brands and the availability/price of the filters

Horrible

Waste of money. Doesn't steam properly due to mat so doesn't even make the floor hot let alone sterilise! Wish I could find my receipt so I could take it back and get my money back. Only good thing about it is it has a sturdy handle but won't be using it anyway so won't have to worry abou it breaking.

Hi Leilani - we're sorry to hear you're having troubles with your Duo steam mop and we'd like to help! If you'd like to send us your details to vax_enquiries@ttibrands.com.au we will do what we can to help you out. Thanks! Sarah

Good as a basic mop

You cant fault it as a basic steam mop but the other attachments are only so so, dont work too well. The similar model sold in the UK sells for a lot cheaper and comes with better attachments and the hand held part has a handle. I guess this is a lesser model of the UK model, that is exclusive to bunnings, ironocally sold at a higher price! Why cant Oz get the smae models even if it has to be sold at a higher price?

Update:
Dont buy this, used only twice now no steam, tried everything to no avail. No stem comes. This is the worst product I have ever bought. Terribly dissapointed. Hope I can get my money back.
Steam floor mop
over priced lesser model of the one sold in the UK

Hi ozdingo - thanks for taking the time to review your Duo Master. Unfortunately this model isn't available in the UK, and Vax UK operates a little differently to Australia. In terms of the attachments, we're sorry to hear you're having some issues with them. If you'd like some assistance with their use, please feel free to send us an email to vax_enquiries@ttibrands.com.au and we'd be more than happy to help you out. Thanks! Sarah

Seriously excellent

Exceeded all my expectations very good and worth every dollar.. Cleaned my stainless steel gas cooktop that I use daily and had 3 years of built up grime and dirt under the elements, Seriously looks brand new.i had tried to scrub it off numerous time. It even got the black mark off the tiles on then splash back I have tried to scrub off for 3 years with no success steam cleaned it off In about 2 min. Couldnt believe it.
seriously good water tank comes off for easy refilling. easy to assemble once you work it out with swivel heaf.

Thank you for taking the time to review your Vac Duo steam mop. We are glad that you have been able to remove the built up grease and grime. Regards, Phoebe

This is a fantastic steam mop!

Researched steam mops for days and thought this seemed to be the best on offer for steam power, weight etc. Went into Bunnings and saw the display model, took the hand held part off to check if I could handle it, lifted the whole steamer to check weight etc. Phoned Vax helpline and told them I mainly wanted to clean the grout in my kitchen tiles, they told me there was an attachment included for this (worked a treat!), couldn't stop there, this baby doesn't stop - cleaned the grout, the tiles, the bathroom shower screen, the glass coffee table, the lot - can't stop using it. When it starts up there will be a knocking sound - its's just the water going through. Also, just when you think it has enough steam up, more comes through, be patient with it....have to keep refilling it but that's what gets the steam going - I'm very happy with this product. I've never reviewed anything before - but halfway through my second day of jobs - just couldn't let this one go!
Value for money, lightweight (I'm no spring chicken), glides well, plenty of steam - does what it says it does! Made my kitchen tiles like new!
Would have been good if there had been a handle on the handheld device, gets a bit tiring when you are working on a big area using this part (like tile grout); would have liked to have tried an extension pole for the grout (however, this could have compromised the steam output I guess.

Thanks for your feedback on the Vax Duo. We are glad you like it and that it suits your needs. Happy Cleaning. Regards, Phoebe