Vetalogica Canine Tranquil Formula

Vetalogica Canine Tranquil Formula

See the Best Pet Dietary & Health Supplements in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Vic

VicIllawarra, NSW

Good product

This product has helped my dog wonderfully as she was attacked years ago by a dog and as she is a competition dog, its helped keep her calm around dogs when out and at around competition areas. I believe its great for stress, eg my young male is having trouble coping with our pup so just started him on it. I would not use for bad anxiety as that needs vet help not this sort of thing. It is all natural so doesn't cause brain issues or hearing loss like some report, or knock your dog out. If strange things happen see your vet don't blame this, vets have told me there is nothing in it to halm a cat o r dog so use common sense and stop blaming products.It also may not work with every animal but you certainly won't see drastic changes.

Purchased in November 2010 at Aussie Pet Direct Online store for $25.00.

Lisa Harrison

Lisa HarrisonAttadale

Amazing for nervous cat

Excellent product. I tried everything from the vet to calm my nervous cat. Stumbled across these biscuits at the pet shop and have never looked back.

C. ANDERSENSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fingers crossed!

C. ANDERSEN

Unfortunately, after a month on this product my dog's anxieties have not abated to any significant degree and to keep using it would be a waste of money.

Poor customer service

Oldfella

OldfellaHunter Region, NSW

Does not work

If anything seems to make our 13 year old male Maltese more irritated. I would take our advice and not purchase.

Amazing!!

We have a very high strung 16 month old spoodle x terrier who barks at every leaf, bird and noise. He follows us around all the time and struggles to settle on his own. These treats are simply the best! Within an hour of having the chew...which he loves, he is settled and relaxed. He is still himself but just chilled out. He is better behaved on walks and the barking has decreased. He doesn't seem to be getting as worked up over little things.
Worth every cent!

White

White

Dosen't work

The cat found these too hard to eat, just left them in plate. I tried soaking them in water then mashed them down to soften them.. I think this is a whole lot of work for a cat biscuit. I then mixed it into her food and it didn't work. I thought she would feel a little chilled but no reaction. They are very expensive and my understanding is you can't return them. Won't buy these again.

K PNSW

Ok

Tryptophan is an ingredient. It needs to pass blood brain barrier to make serotonin. The serotonin is the calmative. You and most animals make it. It relaxes us. Not sure about the other compound. The listed compounds contain herbs that act as calmatives.

It doesnt say which version of tryptophan or its concentration. This will effect it going across the blood brain barrier.

I have used it on and off since i bought. Unfortunately i have seen some changes. Whether it is due to settling in or the chews is unclear.

Will let you know

Have just started this product for our Dane x Lab who has bad separation anxiety. We have been told of his barking habits when we are not home and we have tried everything else. Love that it's endorsed by a Bark Busters and are made from natural ingredients.
Easy to give him and he loves the taste.
Will advise after a month and results from neighbours 5/10/17

Kim

Kim

Still undecided

Barb

BarbSydney, NSW

Cal active or knock out!?

I bought this for our 9 year old Viszla as he has extreme separation anxiety. After 2 days on these tablets he was just about unconscious, didn't move when we came in ( so yes, it works!) and was so lethargic I thought he was going to die! He recovered but has not been quite the same and his hearing has not returned. I think some sort of nerve damage has occurred. I would not recommend this product.

Thunder storms

Have just bought it and gave my staffie one tablet and noticed sometime later her breathing was a lot more rapid, that went on for hours and I think she may be allergic/intolerant to something in the tablet, maybe tryptophan. What do you think. I am wary about giving it to her now and I really wanted to try it on our dobbermann re car travel but am not sure. Pls advise. Also re thunderstorms I would just like to mention something that seems to help our dogs and also fireworks. We put the tv on or radio to drown out the frightening noises and this helps us. Hope it helps others too. I am not saying it is a bad product because I believe Vit Bs are very important but just commenting on our dogs reaction.

justkroozin

justkroozinCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrific product and dogs love the taste

Over the past few months our 10 month old pup has become anxious when put in the car, drooling everywhere. After 3 weeks on these tablets (4 daily as he is 20kg) he is happy to sit and sleep in the car. He wags his tail and no drooling. We just crossed from Victoria to WA and he is still happy to get in the car. And he loves the taste. Winner.

gewhittaker

gewhittakerIpswich

Has calmed the wandering of a senile old dog

Our red kelpie is 18. She is senile, but still very happy. The latest problem is one of night wandering, which she does all night long, either forgetting it's night or just can't get comfortable. Not sure what the problem is, but when I asked for sedatives, the vet recommended this product over sedatives, which could make the problem worse. Anyway, she's only been on them for 1 week and there is a noticeable difference. She is now only up once or twice a night, which is a huge improvement. It's possibly too early to call it, but so far, it's working, hence the 4 star rating over the 5 star. Will continue to use it and hope she (and us!) gets peaceful nights.

SaB

SaB

Not for very anxious cats

I haven't seen any improvement as yet but will persevere with it. I've heard great results from others who have used it for cats and digs

BassetluvaPerth

Sort of works.

I think these tablets help my Basset Hound although she occasionally has nervous episodes caused by loud noises and sudden movements. The wide ranging reviews so far verify the tablets work to varying degrees. Certainly worth trying for at least a month or more.

Bassetluva

An update on my original review...I am now finding that this product is not helping my beloved dog but with patient ongoing exposure to noises and sudden movements, she is responding well without medication.

Great product will continue to use it

Dakota is a large, rescued Staghound. She is extremely excitable as well as being incredibly fearful of strangers. I tried this and noticed she was a little more settled. We realised just how much it helped when she went without for a week... Needless to say, we will be keeping her on this. Sadly chemist warehouse discontinued this so will need to find some where else to purchase.

Sandy71

Sandy71Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Dachshund beats tablets

No problem taking the chewable but after months on them has made no difference even though we have two dackers one gets stressed when he cannot see you and super bad with thunderstorms both are 6 yrs old
What's next??

Julie Miller

Julie MillerAdelaide, South Australia

Didn't work for me

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She gets very excitable, especially when she is off the lead, bordering on hyperactive. She runs around giving off a high pitched yap, which is quite annoying. After reading other reviews on this product, I decided to give it a go. But unfortunately for me it hasn't made a scrap of difference. I wouldn't like to say it is a bad product, as I know it has worked for others, but sorry to say I wasn't one.

Really Love This!!