Viano UHD4k Series

4K Ultra HD TVs Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of 4k ultra hd tv would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.6

• Picture Quality
  • Software
  • Sound Quality
Tina W.

Tina W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is not worth buying....

Will not play YouTube after resetting app, there is no google play service's to update an app to use for my email....not happy at all with this tv.....would not recommended buying

Purchased at Big W Retail Stores for A$400.00.

Ritesh Kumar

Ritesh KumarSydney, NSW

Great Value and Excellent after-sales support

Bought this TV from Big-W for $499, great value for a 4K TV in late 2018, for a bedroom TV. It's given us great service. The picture quality is good and sound etc are good for what you'd expect from the TV. I've reached out to the support team for assistance a few times and they've helped us every time, no matter the warranty status. We switched off the secondary power switch by accident and they helped us get it back on. I also had some issues with the legs which cracked, they sent me replacements within a couple of days. The support team, namely Wayne, are very quick to respond and assist.

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W for A$499.00.

Ash

AshHunter Region, NSW

This is perfect if you want to practice smashing television screens.

Worst tv I’ve ever owned. My Netflix only shows 1/3 of what it shows on all of my other tvs , Stan or Foxtel app won’t even work , No Disney Plus , 10 play only works when it chooses to. YouTube notifications just annoy everyone popping up on the screen Even my remote only works when it wants to and I have to switch between mouse and normal mode to do anything. If I could rate this tv a 0 star I would. Defiantly do not recommend.

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

WARNING WARNING biggest piece of crap ever

The biggest piece of crap contacted about my remote that hasn't worked properly from the start and now wont work at. Got told i can purchase a new remote from their site at a cost of $75 i don't think so. Also i have to do a factory reset every 3 days to get program information and got told it was my aerial causing the problem. And no negative star option here

Purchased in August 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for A$899.00.

Crappest tv ever

Worse tv ever, would give it a 0 if I could, doesn't have Stan, can't load Netflix, can't chromecast from any device. I honestly can't say anything good about this tv

Purchased in December 2019 at BigW for A$800.00.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Waste of time and money

Stan Kayo are just 2 apps that don't work on this so called smart tv. Need I say more. Remote rarely works. Very frustrating trying to use this on a daily basis.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$899.00.

Stan opens but can't run video it gets error a20

This tv is rubbish it can't even run stan just get errors when you try to play video and now Netflix stopped working 2 days ago it was fine till just recently I'm very frustrated at this tv. it should be called viano stupid tv don't buy this tv

Greg M

Greg MSydney, NSW

Good for the price but not so smart.

Purchased in December 2018.

Netflix not working

For the last 3 days I have not been able to access Netflix on my Viano STV65UHD4K (65") tv. I rang Netflix and they said my tv is now not compatible. Is this a new thing, as before this Netflix was working fine. I have done everything that the troubleshooting has told me and it still says, Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later (-2)

Hi Michelle,

Viano has been working on this issue to have it resolved.
There will be an update that you can download from the Viano website with instruction within the next day or so.

Michelle
Michelle

Thank you. If you could possibly let me know where to find this update that would be great as I cannot seem to see it.

Viano Customer SupportViano

The update you will be able to find in Support section.
The update should be available within the next few days.

Lesh

LeshHobart, TAS

After 10 months use now a Paper weight

The viano 55 4k TV has all of a sudden got no picture only sound. An electronic technician looked at it and advised the backlight has gone on the TV, and this is conman with this TV. Brought this from big w and after this happened just as the warranty had run out. Stay clear from viano brand TV.

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W for A$750.00.

emmielou

emmielouSydney, NSW

Blew up.

Its supposedly a smart tv but you have hardly any apps to choose from so have been using my PS4 to access everything. The remote only works on a certain angle and to top things off this morning it blew up and its only a year old. Should have known better since it was so cheap. DO NOT BUY A VIANO. Waste of money.

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W for A$699.00.

Jackson W.

Jackson W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give negative stars I would

This is by far the biggest waste of money i have ever seen fraudulent advertising to say the least oh and the smart tv side doesn’t work either the pic is the Xbox

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for A$600.00.

DamoonTwo

DamoonTwoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not great, and gets worse

Purchased in August 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for A$500.00.

aldo983

aldo983

Not impressed at all!!

This TV was a waste of money, not compatible with Stan or the YouTube app, cannot update firmware via the System Upgrade menu, any 3rd party apps run poorly & clunky. Should have spent a few $$ more on a real TV.... Very disappointed!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for A$699.00.

DO NOT BUY IT!!

We bought this TV in Aug/2018. After 6 months the screen was not working. When we turned it on we could hear the sound coming but no images. Total waste of money!!!!

Waste of Money

Purchased in May 2019.

Terrible!!! last for 14 months and then spoiled. Customer service doesn't care as it was over the warranty period

This Viano Tv only last for 14mos. Bought it from big W during sales period but would expect it to last longer than 14mos. It just suddenly go blank and no power connection at all and cant restart it at all. Never overuse the tv because only on it for 2-3 hours a day. I know its not a high end brand TV but would expect it to last at least 3years. Not recommended this product at all, might as well spend more money but can last longer. Not a happy experience with this brand. Customer service didn't help at all as the warranty is over.

Purchased in September 2018 at Big W for A$461.00.

Network problems

The TV states there is no network but I can clearly see that my wifi is connected,
Turned everything on and off cant even use the browser... what to do ??

Tas
Tas

Your welcome

Jenni M.

Jenni M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it

Got TV for Christmas never had a problem with it. Plenty of HDMI ports. Easily connects to the wifi. Easy to find apps and downloads easy. Great Graphics. Big enough for the whole family

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W for A$699.00.

Mr SPerth, WA

Hmmmmm

Trying to stay positive about my tv, bit disappointed it will not set to a universal remote of any variety tried so far, my remote has been lost, cannot easily obtain another remote. It will not work with Stan tv...a bit disappointing for a smart tv...hmmmmm.
Will not use mathematics on this equation

Purchased in June 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for A$449.00.

Mr S

Thanks for the information. Tv not too bad overall happy with it, just odd that no universal remote is compatible and just not sure why some things like Stan tv are not compatible, but Netflix is ok. Anyway have a good week.