Vicks StarryNight Cool Moisture

Vicks StarryNight Cool Moisture

See the Best Humidifiers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Pros

• Fun lighting for children

• Two modes to choose from

• Comes with a filter

Cons

• Leaks water

Vera
VeraSouth-East, TAS

Great humidifier - not leaking

The humidifier does what it should, it moistens the air. If you turn on the light, stars appear on the ceiling in changing colours which my daughter enjoys. I have never had a problem with leaking. I can only imagine that this happens if you wet the filter to much before putting it in and the holder overflows. Before turning the machine on, I always empty out the tray and wet the filter again and turn it around.

Purchased in June 2018 for $80.00.

Ramesh R.
Ramesh R.South East Queensland, QLD

Water leaking

Stay away from the product. Had my entire carpet wet since the water leaks overnight. Had to replace my carpet at the end. Some issues with the valve i guess. Lasted only few months.

Purchased in April 2019 for $69.00.

Tash
Tash

Pleasantly surprised

I had read the reviews after being gifted the humidifier. I have to say, I followed instructions and it’s been great. No leaking, works well and whilst I’m using it as an adult and don’t need the night light setting I find it quite pretty. Absolutely no complaints!

Purchased in July 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $67.00.

Customer ServiceVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Thanks so much for the lovely review Tash! We're so glad you're finding the Starry Night a benefit to you, and appreciate you leaving your feedback :) Kindest Regards, the Vicks team.

LJH
LJHCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not great

Initially happy with the product, however after two days it leaked water EVERYWHERE from beneath causing water damage to my shelves. Took it back to baby bunting (no issues, no questions asked) and was told this has happened several times and they have had to send them all back. Apparently Vick’s can’t see the problem with the design/function. Not a safe product if this happens as water and electricity obviously don’t mix. If this has happened multiple times in one store I’d be interested to see how many have actually been sent back for the same thing elsewhere. Not happy for a fairly expensive product.

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $75.00.

Find out how Vicks StarryNight Cool Moisture compares to other Humidifiers

Leaking everywhere due to poor design by manufacture

Vick’s Starry Night V3700, Why is there a manufacturer whole in the bottom of the housing it appears to serve absolutely no engineered purpose other then to ruin anything near it because it allows the unit to leak. It should have a plug in it.

Purchased in April 2020.

Terrible

We had only ran the humidifier twice. It soaked our dresser and ruined the wood. Since we purchased it thru Amazon, it was a third party transaction and could not return or exchange it.

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for $49.00.

Horrible don't purchase it!

Purchased two in one day both cracked a leaked water. Only about 17 hours old. My chest drawers are ruined as well floor. And other important documents. I will never buy another vicks humidifier.

Purchased in March 2020 at Cvs for $50.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Happy McHappyface
Happy McHappyfaceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loved it, will buy another.

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $55.00.

Ennaihr
Ennaihr

Read before buying

My 5mth old had a runny nose during the day and blocked nose at night while trying to sleep. As he's too young for vapour rub, i wanted to invest in a vapourizer. My MIL grabbed this box because it was prettier and more expensive than the others (stupid, i know) not realising that it was a COOL mist humidifier. It made our house sooooo cold and when you have an infant, or anyone for that matter, with cold symptoms, a cold house is the last thing you want. We used it for a few hrs and that was it. When all the lights are off it doubles as a cool night light with cute starry lighting

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Sal
Sal

Wouldn’t give it away

I have a 4 month old who is contested at night. I was excited to bring the Vick’s Starry Night Home. I had visions of a night of starry, peaceful sleep ahead for my little one. It was a disappointing nightmare. I followed the directions only to be left with a soaking wet bench. The water had leaked through a small hole in the bottom. Some how thinking I over filled the water I put less in with the same result. I wish I had read the reviews, I threw it out. I don’t know how it is still on the market. Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Baby Online for $89.00.

leaks!

I’ve read to not move the humidifier because doing so will make it leak. I’ve set it where I want it to go and still it leaks from the bottom hole. This makes me nervous being close to the electrical outlets and what not. Doesn’t give me a piece of mind especially being a baby product!

Purchased in August 2017 at Buy Buy Baby for $54.99.

Leisa R.
Leisa R.Sydney, NSW

Nightmare product

I wish i had read these reciews before purchasing. My 9 week old has croop so i purchased this product. Followed the instructions exactly.... my bedroom floor flooded with all the water out of the tank as soon as i attached it. There is some stupid hole in the base that the water comes out of once the tray is full of water. I tried it again in the bathroom thinking i was doing something wrong then flooded my bathroom vanity. This product is the worst $90 i have ever spent. I was trying to give my baby some relief but ended up more stressed. Do not buy this product. Its going back today.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $89.99.

Not what I expected

I purchased this humidifier a month ago and I don’t think it works to what the expectations of the product should. When used on the low night ‘quiet’ setting all I can feel is cold air coming out of vent, my son has a cold and this actually makes the room more cold then then weather we have to turn the humidifier off. We can’t smell any Vick’s vapour in the room. Am I doing something wrong!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Very good item

I Loved this humidifier, just need to be set in a room when it’s empty, then fill it with water it covers a large area with cool mist fresh air.

Purchased in April 2019 for $55.00.

Customer ServiceVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Thankyou for the wonderful review Rose. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Terrible!

New and going in the trash can. I gave it one star only because I had to! The engineer who came up with this model should be fired and Vicks Company should discontinue making this model! Water leaks if the unit is ever moved!

Purchased in December 2018 for $54.99.

Kem R.
Kem R.asked

Can we use Vick’s starry night humidifier without Vick’s vapo pads?

Hi Kem
Yes you can. Kind Regards, Vicks.

gloria o.
gloria o.asked

Vicks Starry Night Cool Moisture Humidifier- we have 4 of this humidifier and currently all 4 are making very loud noise. we've had them for almost 3 years and we love them but we are unable to use them since the noise is soo loud. How do we fix it? we can't buy new ones because it is no long on the market.

Joe Laguzzi
Joe Laguzzi asked

The water level does not seem to go down in my vaporizer even though the fan is working fine?

See all Vicks StarryNight Cool Moisture questions

Get an answer from our members and Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers representatives

The Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier provides soothing, cool moisture and a calming environment to help your child sleep. The V3700 features a Starry Night projector that transforms your child's ceiling into a starry night sky. Its scent pad heater produces soothing menthol vapours for added comfort. You can set the Vicks Starry Night humidifier to ‘maximum mode’ for optimal humidity or ‘sleep mode’ for quieter operation. An internal fan draws in the dry air to saturate it with water droplets before expelling it.

Features

• Invisible moisture for easier breathing and a good night's sleep
  • Starry Night Projector creates a soothing star pattern effect on the ceiling, perfect for children of all ages
  • Two modes: Maximum – for large rooms or higher moisture level. Sleep mode – smaller rooms or quiet operation
  • Filter absorbs minerals and impurities; prevents bacteria growth
  • Vicks VapoPad (included) releases soothing vapors
  • Large capacity, runs for up to 24 hours
  • 3 year warranty

What reviewers thought:

A popular complaint in the reviews is that this product leaks often and can make the room quite cold. When it works properly, the starry light projection is appreciated by users.

CategoryHumidifiers