92% · 33129 · 8%

4.5
4.3

On 1 July 2020, First State Super and VicSuper merged. On 11 May 2023, VicSuper changed its name to Aware Super.

Kyri
KyriGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Vic Super has moved to Aware Super and it's been downhill ever since

I had been with Vic Super for quite a few years .With the big shift this year ,the problems with this fund keep mounting. Difficult to contact and when contact is made I have been getting completely different information to the point that I don't trust this organisation to do right by me .
T.MckayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC25 posts

A Tremendous Product but

I have the highest regard for VicSuper and its products.
However, the Company's primary focus on directing clients to its website is so frustrating when one is looking to speak to an adviser.
The telephone introduction goes for @ 2 minutes before being then being queued, with wait time experiences beyond 10 minutes not uncommon.
A call-back facility is ultimately mentioned but if that call is missed, the return call starts the whole process again.
Surely you can do better, VicSuper.
DanielVictoria3 posts

Ignored member

Have attempted to contact vicsuper for information and keep being told they will call me back leave my details.
Login site is down again for 13 days for maintenance same happened a year or 2 ago.
Blocked my employer paying contributions because they changed there reference number or similar. Headaches every time you try and do something or ask for information.
Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

H H.
H H.

Substandard systems

1. Spent a week offline to upgrade their systems in Nov 2022(unheard of - a financial services system being offline for a week for an upgrade)
2. Dec 2022: can’t update my address online because of a “technical error” and can’t contact them their on line enquiry form “Access Denied” error - this after a week “upgrading” their system.
3. Still takes their system 3 days minimum to do a funds transfer(almost all financial institutions are now same day for funds transfer at worst and have been for years)
4. Wait times on phone are excessive.
5. Excessive charges for very standard advice since taken over by Aware super(this used to be part of the service under Vicsuper).
Vicki S.
Vicki S.7 posts

shocking service worst returns

one of the worst performing super funds, since aligning with aware super the return has been pathetic and fees unrealistic for the service provided. they send an email trying to blame the markets for their poor performance, give me a break!!! to add insult to injury they then go and join Victorian government in the sell off of Vic Roads, to the Chinese no less!!!! no one asked me for my approval to use my money in this rort. As a long time government employee, with my funds being invested over 17 years, planning on retiring next year, I am less than impressed with this company and will not be leaving funds in this account.
Gavin Mahoney
Gavin MahoneyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Use of their App

Been trying for 2 years to download their app to no avail. Even tried with their IT support on many occasions frustrating not being able to access your balances when needed really disappointing.
Phill
PhillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC11 posts

Great Customer Service

I have had to contact Vicsuper a few times this year and always been pleased with the information given.
On the last two occasions I have had exceptional help with a person walking me through my problem and assisting me.
The staff are easy to understand and are very patient, as sometimes it's difficult to explain an issue accurately over the phone.
I am very pleased with Vicsuper, never hesitating to praise and recommend them to others.
Congratulations on your Fund and fine Customer service.
Superperson
SuperpersonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts

What happened to customer service?

I have been a member of Vic Super for ten years. I changed employers and had to sign up with the super fund my new company pays into. I could then nominate my preferred fund once employed.
Doing some research on which fund to go with, l found the new fund to be very helpful and informative, (at the time l was intent on closing that and continuing with Vic Super). I then contacted Vic Super and found the customer service absolutely appalling. The telephone consultant wasn't even willing to give me a ball park quote on income protection insurance. She kept telling me to go to their Web site and use the calculator. We keep these companies in business!
What happened to customer service?
Spring
Spring6 posts

Pathetic contact system

I've been with Vicsuper for nearly 40 years. Their service to members is now appalling. They don't answer calls, reply to emails. What are my admin fees paying for? Does anyone actually work there?
I used to get worthwhile and valuable advice. Now all that is provided are multiple choice questions and a summary an economics 101 student could deliver .
Dom
Dom

Thanks Sam

I have been with State Plus/Aware Super for more than thirty years. I am very pleased to have Sam Shah assisting me recently. We were fortunate to have Sam review our superannuation and believe in Sam's good advice and recommendations. We were given very good information regarding updates to our Super account. We highly recommend Sam Shah as he is very approachable, clear in his presentation and knowledgeable in his field of work. He is a excellent financial adviser whom we have the upmost respect in his approach in dealing with people and knowledge...Keep up the good work Sam from Domenico & Ann
AndrewB
AndrewBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Serena
SerenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Spectacular Sam Shah Vic Super Star

I have been with Vic Super for more than twenty years. I am very pleased and fortunate to have Sam Shah assisting me throughout these years. We were delighted to secure Sam to review our superannuation after being static for four years. Through Sam's good advice and recommendations, we were informed vital steps to update our Vic Super account by streamlining it, making it productive and efficient. We highly recommend Sam Shah to friends as he is very approachable, clear in his presentation, knowledgeable in his field of work with his remarkable experiences. He is indeed a spectacular financial adviser whom we have confidence and satisfaction in his great service.
by Serena & Stephen A. on 14 April 2021
Anna
Anna2 posts

Sam Shah - A real advisor

This is the first time we have left a meeting or information session with a financial advisor actually feeling informed and understanding the advice and path forward.

Sam is down to earth, knowledgeable and explains his financial advice and strategies clearly, ensuring you fully understand.

We would have no hesitation recommending Sam to all our family and friends.

Jen
Jen2 posts

Review of Sam Shah - superannuation adviser

For many years, Sam Shah has assisted me to plan for retirement and post retirement. He's why I have recommended VicSuper to others. Sam's experience/approach should be the standard for all superannuation advisers.