• Rates and Fees

Sam Shah - A Great Help At The Start Of My Retirement

Jeannette

JeannetteGoulburn Valley, VIC

Fantastic Service. Peace of Mind

I received clear information and advice.
PDS and other documentation was very user friendly.
Sam Shah was patient, polite and answered all my questions in a very clear manner. He made sure I understood how my money would be invested, fees and any future withdrawals, etc.

Rates and Fees

Great super fund, very helpful staff.

Have been with Vic Super for decades and am now on the Age Pension. Had an appointment with Adam Middlemis last February to set up fortnightly payments to supplement my pension. Adam also suggested a couple of other actions which would get me more tax back in the 2019/2020 financial year, which I would have had no idea about otherwise.
When I got my tax done I was very happy to receive several thousand extra dollars of return. However, my accountant accidentally entered on item incorrectly and I received a letter from the ATO requiring action. Once again Adam was extremely helpful and advised me how to resolve the issue immediately. Feeling very secure about my future with Vic Super backing me up.

George

GeorgeSouthwest, VIC

Understandable Super Advice - Sam Shah

I have been with VicSuper for around 18 years and looking to retire in a few years but dreaded the thought of navigating all the legal, financial and tax stuff to do, it seemed easier to just keep working. Thanks to Sam Shah I how have a clear understanding of expectation and now looking forward to my retirement.

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service - Sam Shah

We have been with VicSuper for over 20 years.
This year, as approaching age 65 we needed more complex advice.
We saw Sam Shah in Blackburn Office. We found him extremely helpful.
His advice was comprehensive, clear and helped us to plan next steps. In June, despite all limitations due to COVID Sam promptly delivered on agreed plan and smoothly guided us over the phone through the daunting task of filling a big bundle of documents.
Thank you Sam - you are the best!

Royallstar

RoyallstarGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lost 15 thousand from my super obviously due to Covid19. Hopefully Vicsuper invests smarter next year and our supersgrow

Lost 15 thousand out of my super due to the corona virus , obviously supers were hit ! Hopefully Vicsuper invest smarter next year and it puts us members into a positive position .. don’t want to see my hard earn money and future retirement plans hit a negative again !

wendy

wendy

very happy so far

Took out 2020 about 3 months ago. Been quite happy with the results considering COVID. Haven't hesitated topping it up. Easy to used website to check fees and add beneficiaries and check growth

Harry T

Harry TEast Arnhem, NT

Timely and expert- thanks Marcus

An initial concern regarding protecting my super annuation meagre nest egg from Corona virus economic turmoil resulted in an unexpected bonus following a series of connections with Vicsuper staff.
Thank you Marcus for advising me to partake in a Transition To Retirement strategy and for your patience and encouragement. I am grateful for your care and excellent customer service.

MJR

MJRVictoria

Incredibly frustrating

I have been with VicSuper 20 years. Our Son was a VicSuper member and passed in the first 3 Months of 2020. We engaged solicitors and despite numerous jumping through hoops, were advised it would be a further 6 - 8 weeks. The service has been incredibly poor and would appear COVID has been a fortuitous event for the big CORPS. Utterly disgraceful !!!!!

VicSuper V.VicSuper

Hello, we're so sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with us during what is such a difficult time - we encourage you to contact us via direct message so we can improve this experience for our members moving forward. Regards, VicSuper

Elizabeth

ElizabethGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Friendly and transparent

I've been with Vic Super 28 years. They give clear, helpful and friendly advice and are happy to answer questions and explain. They offer free information sessions which are informative too. Switching investment options is easy online. Most importantly, my super has grown well over the years and even in these uncertain times, I feel in a good position as I approach retirement.

KKC

KKCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer services and communication channel

Severe Concerns About What is Happening to Vicsuper

I have previously felt loyal and have left Vicsuper 5 star reviews. Since merger all has changed. Advice once given freely and personably or at a low cost is now at a premium. It will now cost you thousands for them to help you with a retirement plan. After 40 yrs with Vicsuper I am so disappointed I am researching other options.

Bruno

BrunoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

VicSuper delivers !

M B.

M B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely Top Shelf

VicSuper have supported me through many instances of needing support throughout my experience with them over the past 8 years. Insurance, income protection, investment, all wonderful. My most recent experience with them has been primarily online, using their Facebook chat feature. Katarina is the rep that I speak to and she is unfailingly helpful, informative and prompt in her responses to my questions, even on Sundays and public holidays. In my opinion Katarina, and by extension VicSuper, go above and beyond to support their members and I look forward to continuing to use them through their merger with First State.

Income Protection
Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Happy with VicSuper

I have been a member of VicSuper for over 20 years and Ben Dunlop as been my Financial Planner for the past five years. I have had face to face meetings with him in both Blackburn and Melbourne and have found his manner and professionalism impeccable. I was impressed with Ben on our first meeting in Blackburn and he has continued to impress. I have recently had several telephone consultations with him due to Covid 19 in regards to a Statement of Advice. Ben was extremely helpful and patient and has the ability to explain the finer details so that I could understand them and he has a sense of humor.

Michael012

Michael012Melbourne

Excellent products, service and advice

Have been with VicSuper since 2006. Great selection of investment options with clear supporting product information and member communication. VicSuper also has strong investment performance and relatively low fees. The Call Centre has well trained, knowledgeable and very helpful staff. A real asset to the organisation. Our financial planner (Kevin Phoa) has provided an excellent Statement of Advice. He is also very accessible for any questions or further advice. The online access to account information is also first class. VicSuper has excellent super products, customer service and financial advice.

Ena and Manek

Ena and ManekGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sam Shah

We joined VicSuper 12 years back . We were introduced to Sam Shah as a cosultant at our first visit. He was very professional in advising us about financial strategies we needed to follow in order to prepare ourselves for retirement and how VicSuper could help us achieve that. We have been very happy with VicSuper and the guidance and support from Sam. In times of need Sam has always been there for us. We have recommended Sam to many of our friends and will continue to do so in future. We think Sam is a great asset to VicSuper.

Dashrath P.

Dashrath P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

VicSuper - Sam Shah

I joined VicSuper from another super fund 4 years back. During this time I had excellent face to face discussion with Sam Shah each year and he is excellent in supporting with all my financial planning. I would like to meet him face to face each year in order to manage my financial needs. Thank you Sam.

Rob

RobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vic Super - Sam Shah

I've been with VicSuper for 30+ years and have always found it to be a high performing fund. During the last few years however I have needed to access their advice on a few occasions. In doing so, I've dealt with Sam Shah for this advice and found him to be very helpful. His advice was clear and concise, especially when my comprehension was poor. He responded quickly to phone messages and has helped me immensely to understand the future planning I needed, especially when being close to Retirement age and in a bit of a panic. I'd highly recommend VicSuper as a fund and Sam Shah's services as an adviser.

Sam Shah

I joined Vicsuper after moving from NSW 20 years ago. Vicsuper is a fund I would recommend to anyone, primarily because of the personal service given by its staff. Sam Shah gives professional advice and promptly delivers on the agreed plan of action. He communicates clearly and patiently explains and answers my questions.
Thanks Sam - you are the best!

Olmo O.

Olmo O.asked

Hi
in the last 6 months my super account contribution was of $4500 but in the same period it has lost $4700 plus I still had to pay $1150 of fees, how is it possible that high loss and still have to pay high fees? No explanation of reasons for loss in the information sent with the account balance!
Not happy thinking to change super fund

VicSuper V.VicSuper

Hello, thanks for getting in touch. The recent share market volatility has been driven by uncertainty about the impact of Coronavirus disease. Super is a long-term investment and can experience bouts of share market volatility. It is probably a good time to get in touch and review which investment option you are invested in to determine whether that is the right one for you. The fees you mention will most likely be a combination of administration fees, insurance fees (if you have insurance) and the compulsory government contributions tax. It's a good idea to review your half yearly benefit statement as this will break down the fees in detail. Our Member Services team can answer any queries on your super on 1300 366 216 during business hours - please feel free to get in touch and discuss your questions and concerns with us. Regards, VicSuper

Julie Oasked

I have recently retired a little earlier than planned but we will be drawing from my husband’s super In another fund before mine. Do I need to change anything or convert mine to a pension account now that there won’t be any further contributions and how do I go about cancelling my income protection insurance? I have previously dealt with Dion Miller who has been very helpful.

NCM

Dion Miller was also the person I saw at Vicsuper. Can't speak highly enough of the service he gave me over the years and sounds like he was really helpful to you as well. Sadly, for us, he has been moved to another role. My recent attempt to try and access help from Vicsuper without this personalized and high level of service from the wonderful Dion Miller has been frustrating and totally miserable. I am so disappointed in what seems to happening to Vicsuper and the huge amounts they are now asking for things like help with setting up pension accounts. So, so disappointed.

Julie O

Thank you for your comments NCM, I’m really disappointed that Dion has moved into a different role as he was excellent. I had hoped the merger would result in equal or better service but it seems perhaps it hasn’t. All the best. Julie

VicSuper V.VicSuper

Hi Julie, thanks for getting in touch with your question. We remain just as committed to our members as always, and while there have been some changes to the advice model - it continues to be one of the key services we provide to members.

We appreciate that change takes some time for members to adjust to, however we needed to evolve our advice model to provide a sustainable one and in order to meet changing regulatory expectations. The merger will benefit our members through size and scale, such as increased investment opportunities, lower investment and administration fees (which have been announced for November 1), and greater scope to improve products and services.

We'll reach out to you via direct message so that a member of our team can contact you directly and assist with your query.

Regards,

Raymond Summers

Raymond Summersasked

We changed our $250k super investment options from Capital Secure into Cash. As seniors in our late 70s have we made the right decision? Our personal advisor has not been contactable. Raymond

Keith
Keith

Unfortunately as I am not a financial adviser / planner I am unable to comment on any individual matter. From a personal experience I am aware that the advisors at VicSuper are still contactable for the advice you are seeking.
Good luck with what aver decision you make

Hi Raymond

Thank you for reaching out. We encourage you to contact our Member Services team on 1300 366 216 to discuss your situation.

Our Member Centre is experiencing high demand, with longer than normal wait times. If you can't reach us, you can also private message your contact details and we’ll arrange for a team member to give you a call.

Regards VicSuper

Get an answer from our members and VicSuper representatives