Victa 82V Rapid Trimmer 1696788

Victa 82V Rapid Trimmer 1696788

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cliveh

ClivehGippsland, VIC

Powerful, quiet and no starting issues

I have owned several whipper snippers and have been regularly frustrated at their unreliable starting. However this cordless beauty is superbly quiet, is powerful enough for any job around our half acre property and I never have to pull a cord in vain again. I suspect that there maybe better line delivery systems out there but it is a massive improvement over my previous petrol trimmer. I note others complain that the pole is too long but I don’t find this an issue.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $479.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Tall grass

me_whynot

me_whynot

Good trimmer, but understand how to get the best out of it

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dave B

Dave BQueensland, 4051

Great line trimmer for a long-term investment

This line trimmer is really great for quiet and reliable operation. The line trimmer is not light and it is really suitable for taller people. The battery charger is rapid so noisier than standard charger. I wish the device had 4amp battery instead of 2amp battery. The 2amp battery can go for a long while at 1 hour or more if you don't need turbo mode.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Wills

WillsNsw, 2259

Cordless is a great idea when the product works the way its intended

Made for taller people than me 170cm. The pole needs to be 1 foot shorter. Maybe 1/2 a foot. Seems to long. Needs 4ah battery standard to do the whole yard

Still using it and no matter what i try. Cant get it to last long enough on 1x 82v 2ah battery to finish my yard. Even running on the lowest speed it can go most the way. The safety switch isnt in the correct place to make easy to push and use the trigger either

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Carmelo S.

Carmelo S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A must for lawn maintenance

Bought this from Bunnings after reading reviews and specs as I normally do before buying. This is a lot dearer than the equivalent petrol version. But you get what you paid for: easy to use, low noise per power it produces and the built quality is excellent. The weight is just a tad bit heavy than the petrol version. This is due to its higher voltage (82v )battery compare to other battery operated brands. But this gives the unit, plenty of power for thicker lawns. The bump head is a plus, this avoid the hassles of always changing the worn out nylon. All in all, it is good product and highly recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Aussieidiot

AussieidiotSydney, NSW

Easier to use than my Honda

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Damodon

DamodonBrisbane

Very happy with this purchase. I got the ‘skin’ only because I’d also bought the mower kit which had charger and batteries.
It’s very quiet - crazy quiet- and strong enough for everything I’ve thrown at it so far. The battery lasts 45m+ I’ve found but so far I’ve never exhausted it by just using the trimmer. The cord seems to last a very long time.
It’s a more expensive option initially but will feel like a smart purchase and the right decision. Victa have made a good product here.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Steve

SteveTamworth

Excellent trimmer although a little heavy

Date PurchasedJan 2017