See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sojourn47Launceston, TAS

Very limited performance

I've had this mower for two years now and during that time I've had three batteries. At first I thought the poor battery performance time was due to a faulty battery...not so. The longest the battery has lasted is 12 minutes but is usually it's about ten minutes. In addition the mower will only perform well on short dry grass. Because it's such a poor performer I feel it's not meeting it's claims and is not of merchantable quality. Not recommended for other than very, very small lawns. give it a miss.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Loves Books

Loves BooksCanberra

Good for the environment and good for me

Have mowed my small lawn twice with my new 18" Victa VLM4018 and am very pleased with the result. Was told it wouldn't do well with very long grass but it was perfect. I especially appreciate the ease of starting the mower as my petrol lawnmower was becoming too difficult for me to start. And I love not having to fuss about getting cans of petrol. The mower is also not heavy and easy to maneuver, Negatives are having to pull the safety key out every time you empty the catcher and the catcher being fabric is not as sturdy and does not hold as much as on petrol mowers. But those are minor points.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
NZMICK

NZMICKQueenstown

Poor battery life - gutless motor

The battery lasts 10 - 15 minutes on dry recently cut lawn. If you are trying to cut anything slightly thick, the motor cuts out. It's as noisy as a petrol mower. I tried to give it to my father in law and he wouldn't take it. I wouldn't recommend this mower to anyone.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
jeremypark

jeremyparkSydney

Quiet and light.... it also cuts the grass

I think the mower is good value and works well. Time will tell about the batteries however so far they seem pretty good and with our 4 lawn areas ( 2000sqm block) we find the 2 batteries supplied do it. I love the fact it just starts and there is no petrol to deal with. No fumes either. We also have a baby and my wife can mow without waking her! Yes, my wife likes to mow and it's her preference to take charge of the mowing! Lucky me... When I'm relaxing on the back deck I can hardly tell if she's mowing or not out the front. ( joking )... Seriously though I think we will all be driving electric mowers soon! Next will be replacing our petrol wippa sniper when that needs upgrading.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Lian

LianSYDNEY

Very easy use for woman mowing

It's very easy use. It's like put motor on pram and easy to push for woman . The power is quite full for cut grass, because I first time cut grass/bush used a lot of power and have to charge again and come back. a bit expensive. Generally I'm happy with it.

Testing386

Testing386Sydney, NSW

Quiet, light weight cordless mower

forensic57

forensic57Sydney, NSW

Well made and mows brilliantly

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Trelevn

TrelevnCanberra

obsoletes noisy petrol mowers

Not sure if this is exactly the same machine, I bought the Victa 18" 40Volt Vforce+ brushless mower. I'm delighted. For a simple push along mower it's a well built, full sized, full power machine but quiet, with no starting worries, no petrol and oil mess, no fumes. A single battery does my lawns, on a fair suburban block. Yes, as the earlier review found, batteries do often get too hot to recharge straight away and need 5 minutes in the fridge first. Charging is slow, 2 hours or more so a spare battery is useful. I picked one up on eBay for less than half price.

Excellent cut, good quality but very expensive with very poor battery life!

Stephen N.

Stephen N.asked

How do I grease the shaft?

Sojourn47

Sorry Stephen, I haven’t performed this task, sorry.
It’s still a limited performer.

Kris

Krisasked

V-Force 16" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4018)

the user guide mentions a -Victa V-Force+ Battery & Charger manual. Does it give any additional information on battery charging and disposal? if so where did I find it?

Sojourn47

Sorry, the manual is very limited. No reference to disposal either.

Greg

Gregasked

V-Force 18" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4016U)

Victa mower 40 v starts but stops after a few seconds. Any ideas?

Sojourn47

Hi Greg, Ive had few problems with my mower but that is not one of them. Sorry I cant help. Brent

Jose Luis
Jose Luis

The engine is not getting fuel . make sure the fuel is above the tank filter , 2nd pull the fuel hose of the carby to see if fuel flows (steady stream) if not clean fuel filter or replace
3rd check the float needle on the carby not stuck by removing front cover on the carby the needle valve should drop down with the float.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

Victa V-Force 18" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4016U)

Victa V-Force 18" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4016U)

Victa V-Force 16" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4018)

Victa V-Force 16" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4018)

CategoryBattery Lawn MowersBattery Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $629$499
Power SourceBattery (Removable)Battery (Removable)
FeaturesMulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorMulching Capability
Noise Level 63 dB57 dB
Weight20.4 kg17 kg
Voltage 40 V40 V
Charging Time2 hours2 hours
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Engine / Motor
BrandBriggs & Stratton
Engine TypeLithium-Ion BatteryLithium-Ion Battery
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton 40V 4AH Lithium-Ion Brushless Motor40V 4.0AH Lithium-Ion Battery