See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Matt

MattToowoomba

Moments of glory, then catastrophic failure.

Purchased in May 2015 for $2,500.00.

jason b

jason bNorth Queensland, QLD

Bad Vibrations

Mower arrived and I had it mowing my acreage within the hour. After 30 minutes it began vibrating uncontrollably. I felt ill after getting off. Called Bunnings who took the monster away. A least Bunnings was good about it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $3,549.00.

BlackcruiserWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good mower for the price.

I purchased this mower just over 12 months ago. I find it is easy to use, cuts grass well, catches ALL the clippings and empties the catcher very easily. This mower starts every time, fist time and is fairly quiet for a 17.5hp motor. Turning circle is very good and the steering is light. Spare parts not easy to find, eg, I jammed a branch off-cut in the cutters and flat spotted the belt, the belt is a AA86 (double-sided vee belt) AA85 & AA90 are standard, but AA86 is a special, but I have sourced a few from the belt manufacturer. All in all I like this mower. 4☆ out of 5☆.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Do not waste your money on endless money waster

A person I know bought this heap of junk for me.
These are the problems I have had:
Gutless motor
Bad drive pulley
Bad bearings bad switches
Bad belt poor wiring
Always fins a way to kill the battery and the set up for the battery is a nightmare I have cut myself so many time I have lost count I can't wait to the piece of junk throw rod.
And that's not all the night adjust snape off.

Not happy China made =China pride

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Josh
Josh

Neville T

Neville TSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A Little Harsh

I mow about. 5.5 acres and not a level lawn, more like paddocks and not flat, some parts slope quite steeply. This 42" ride on does the job and has been doing so for the last 5 years without excessive maintenance. Must admit the small branches and sticks from the gum trees do damage the belt which needs regular replacing and the thicker sticks do cause the belt to come off. But replacing the belt or just putting it back on the pulleys is a small 5 or 10 minute job. Only complaint is the parking break which is a bit fiddly and badly designed. The ride is not that comfortable but that is more the result of the uneven terrain. all in all for the price (under $3000) not as bad as the other 2 reviews are suggesting.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

What a load of crap

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Ian S

Ian SGippsland, VIC

not the best machine

THe victa requires an owner with good mechanical aptitude to complete ongoing issues, we cut 2.5 acres n a slope with various issue of broken belts- drive and cutter, broken brackets,poor connection on safety switches,idle pulley and camshaft failure.

But overall its no different from other unit in our area -0 all require high maintenance.

Trert

TrertSydney

Cheap Chineese rubbish best avoided

Still has belt problems!

My VRX was naturally a dealer purchased brand new model. I have used it now for a total of 75 hours, yes, 75 HOURS, and already destroyed 2 blade belts. Am now needing to purchase my third belt!
Was conveniently told by the dealer that it was because of rocks and stones first, branches second, that the belts have been destroyed or are repeatedly thrown off the puleys.
C'mon Victa, fix these problems once for all, please!

E B

E BGuyra

Craptastic- nothing but trouble.

Since buying our ride on victa we have had nothing but trouble. Within the first week of purchase the motor blew up and we were not covered by warranty as 'the motor wasn't lubed enough', now again barely 6months later the mower won't start. If you want to spend $1000+ on repairs well this is the mower for you! if you don't want to, spend big in the first place and buy something of a higher quality (that is worth the money). I know I WILL NEVER purchase a victa again, nor will I ever reccomend them.

Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Senasked

VRX 14.5/38 (VRX14538G)

How many inches is the belt for vrx14538g

Cathy smith

Cathy smithasked

VRX 15.5/38 (VRX15538GX)

Hi have victa VRX it want start it turns over. But want start. It sounds like the petrol is not getting through and I can’t find the petrol switch

Anthony. Basked

Hello l have a vrx 17.5 and it shakes quite badly when u turn the blades on is one problem,and the second is it does like to wreck belts can anything be done to fix it dpecaol belts or something? When you look at the pulley it looks if the belts are inside out sometimes,should they have a double v belt?

Blackcruiser

Hi Anthony, which m/c, 33" center discharge, or 38" / 42" side discharge? Cheers K

42 side discharge

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

Victa VRX 17.5/33 (VRX17533HC)

Victa VRX 17.5/33 (VRX17533HC)

Victa VRX 19.5/42 (VRX19542H)

Victa VRX 19.5/42 (VRX19542H)

Victa VRX 15.5/38 (VRX15538H)

Victa VRX 15.5/38 (VRX15538H)

No reviews
Victa VRX 15.5/38 (VRX15538GX)

Victa VRX 15.5/38 (VRX15538GX)

No reviews
Victa VRX 17.5/38 (VRX17538G)
  • Discontinued

Victa VRX 17.5/38 (VRX17538G)

No reviews
Victa VRX 14.5/38 (VRX14538G)
  • Discontinued

Victa VRX 14.5/38 (VRX14538G)

Victa VRX 17.5/42 (VRX17542H)
  • Discontinued

Victa VRX 17.5/42 (VRX17542H)

CategoryRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On Mowers
Price (RRP) $3,999$3,599$3,299$2,899
Transmission TypeHydrostaticHydrostaticHydrostaticAutomatic
Horsepower15.5 hp19 hp15.5 hp15.5 hp
Max Speed7.9 km/hr
Dimensions 1070 x 900 x 2340 mm1070 x 1320 x 1730 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine Displacement500 cc540 cc500 cc500 cc
BrandBriggs & StrattonBriggs & StrattonBriggs & StrattonBriggs & Stratton
Engine TypeOHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton Intek™ Series OHVBriggs & Stratton Intek™ Series OHVBriggs & Stratton Intek™ Series OHVBriggs & Stratton Intek™ Series OHV