Vietnam Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vietnam Airlines

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Never respond to customer query

Please please please do not travel with Vietnam Airline ever! This is the worst airline I've ever seen. I didn't get any notice of cancellation until I checked with them. And they promised to refund immediately, after 3 weeks they said they need two more months to refund. Why did they keep lied to me before? Every time I called them I got a reply "We are processing your refund today". But nothing happened at all. I really need to money back right now but I can do nothing. I'm pretty sure they just wanna hold your money to pay their bills. Unacceptable services !!!

Zack P.Vietnam AirlinesSend a private message

Really bad, flight was cancelled due to covid, after one year still no refund.

Really bad! flight was cancelled due to covid, after one year still no refund. Still processing. The flight was cancelled and the Airline is not returning your money. So bad!

Dwl1970
Dwl1970 Hunter Region, NSW

All round a great experience

Flights on time all the time x4 flights within the trip. Friendly staff. Meals pleasant enough. Will definitely fly with them again. Upgrade to business next time, seems cheap for the extra comfort.

Zack P.Vietnam AirlinesSend a private message

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you onboard soon again.

Delays in refund

We booked business class return fares through Traveldream with Vietnam Airline's in 2019 for travel in 2020 which Covid cancelled. We were promised a refund with in 3 - 5 months of cancellation. Now in month 7. No urgency nor explanation for delays or even a date for we could rely on. Wouldn't recommend either outfit.

bigdog1
bigdog1Sydney, NSW

Vietnam Airlines Misrepresent Their Words.

We were unable to travel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions (which some 14 months later are still in place). I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve emailed VN in Vietnam directly and never receiving a response. I contacted the local Australian office who did this and received some communication. The Vietnam Head Office said refunds had been processed ( there are 6 of us with varying fares and routes)
We have so far received about $6 of the $1000s due. I’ve continued to attempt to get information with absolutely no luck. So so disappointed by VN.

Tabby Nguyen
Tabby NguyenPalmerston, NT

It’s been almost a year. I haven’t received the refund

My flight in June 2020 was cancelled due to the Covid 19 pandemic. I have emailed them like 20 emails regarding the refund. In Mar 2021, they email me saying the refund of my tickets has been processed, but I haven’t got the money. Im really disappointed about the service. I WONT fly with Vietnam airline ever again!!!

LỪA ĐẢO MÙA COVID 19

RaymondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worrying

Just got an email from this airline, stating that due to the Covid19, any flights from Ho Chi Minh to Sydney are suspended between 27Mar to mid of Apr 2021. Quite suspicious whether it is the case. Covid 19 started in Mar 20. How can they have no plan for this? Never heard Sydney only banned a single flight in this airline from just Ho Chi Minh. Are they are playing a sort of business? Seeing all the other comments, I started to worry whether I can get money back, though the agent said they would refund to me in 6-14 weeks. I am going to raise a dispute with my credit card organisation to see how it is going.

Ian W
Ian WPerth, WA

No refund even though Vietnam Airlines changed the date and then cancelled flight

Vietnam Airlines flight booked for 24 June 2020 was twice changed by airline, including changing the date, and then completely cancelled. Vietnam Airlines initially offered about half of fee paid. I reluctantly accepted this offer, but now the airline just refuses to respond to emails asking for an update. Relatively small amount of money involved, but it is the principle. I cannot recommend Vietnam Airlines based upon this service.

Helen Wellings
Helen WellingsSydney, NSW

Money for nothing.

I would advise not booking Vietnam Airlines. Due to COVID we have not been able to travel but after 6 months of asking for a refund of $16,000, we still haven’t received one, despite recent promises.

Pops
PopsSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

5 Months and still no refund. Not good enough Vietnam Airlines

Shane
ShaneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No Voucher yet. No response to emails and phone calls

I bought return tickets online from their website scheduled to fly in January. Flight were cancelled due to virus in Wuhan. It then took more than 1 month to complete a travel voucher request, and the request is then scheduled to be done in 3 months. Almost 4 months have past but I have not received the voucher yet.
Extremely disappointing.

Hai
HaiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They want to hold onto your money

Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

refusing to give refund

CBlack
CBlackSydney, NSW

Confirmed for refund but now my emails are being ignored

Booked a return trip to Europe and our flights were changed/cancelled multiple times due to COVID. Emailed them multiple times and a few weeks later I got a response saying that I will be receiving a refund. It's been months since that refund confirmation email came through and I have yet to receive a refund + all the follow up emails I've sent have been ignored.

Now I am stuck as any email I send is ignored and I have no refund. It's been months and this hasn't been resolved. Very very frustrating

jonibiza
jonibizaasked

I was assured my refund would be issued in July, I reminded VN at the beginning of Aug that I had not been refunded and have not had a reply. So I've been left with no option but to request a refund through my credit card company. Also I have repeatedly asked if my miles will be credit to my account as I've been a frequent flyer in the past, but the request has been ignored, why? If you wish to retain my custom, please resolve this issue immediately.

Sally
Sallyasked

Im thinking of booking London to Sydney Business class one way in Feb. I’m concerned with the 15 hr lay over. Does the airline proved free hotels to business class passengers?

Ariella
Ariellaasked

we are flying 2 adults and one 8 year old child this weekend from Melbourne to Ho chi Minh before continuing to Paris. We ordered kosher meals and now they tell us it is not available. This is really not acceptable. Also we were told the seats are 2,4,2 and we booked the front premium economy to find out we are scattered all over and seating is 2,3,2...I would like someone to provide a solution to our problem please. thanks

Matt