Vietnam Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Matt

MattSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Worst Experience

DepartureHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
ClassEconomy
BookingThird Party

Eric Kleiman

Terrible experience with this airline

I flew from Sydney to London via Hanoi. Every flight leg was delayed between 1 and 4 hours, with the worst being in Hanoi where we waited about 4 hours without know if our flight would be going at all as they removed it from all the TV screens. Luggage arrived to London completely soaked with damaged items. On the return route they managed to lose our luggage and we had a very stressful layover. They were very unresponsive and needed to be called nonstop to do anything. They finally found our luggage at the airport a few hours before our flight. The complaints department is virtually non-existing. Avoid flying this airline

DestinationLondon, UK
ClassEconomy
Eric Kleiman

We won't fly with Vietnam airlines again

ClassBusiness Class

AndrewHunter Region, NSW

overall below average -changed schedule / very poor service & boarded via bus when gates were empty

DestinationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
ClassPremium Economy

StopsieCanberra 2600, ACT

Promised a partial refund and delivered zero...zero star rating

AngryGranny

AngryGranny

Fabulous Business Class at a great price

Travelled to London in October and returned end of November. Fabulous staff, excellent food, great leg room, flat bed - what more could you want. Will definitely travel with them again.

Zack P.Vietnam Airlines

Thank you for your feedback AngryGranny. We all at Vietnam Airlines are happy that you enjoyed our services and we hope to welcome you onboard again!

Excellent services! Good food and the wine, and Sai Gon Beer are very nice!

I travel around 6 times per year! I also travel a lot of other airlines but VNA is the best!

Zack P.Vietnam Airlines

Thank you for your feedback Dave. We all at Vietnam Airlines are happy that you enjoyed our services. We can't agree more with you - we are the best:) We hope to welcome you onboard on each of your journeys!

Fletch

FletchWagga Wagga

Great flight, wonderful service.

Firstly I HATE flying!
But big kudos to Vietnam Airlines fro making my trip from Sydney to HCMC in June 2018 as pleasant as possible.
On time and hassle free.
Will definitely fly VA again.

Sim

SimMelbourne

Separate family’s and are extremely rude!

Never again!!! They seated my 10year daughter and 12year old daughter next to a single middle aged dodgey looking man, my husband and nine year old son together then seated me their mother 5rows back!!!I refused I swapped my husband to seat next to this dodgy man, child safety should be priority..particularly as this was an over night flight!! The Rude self centred male host on this flight screamed at me me are you happy now when I moved my husband and proceeded to be rude & obnoxious for the next of the flight. He was the youngest looking male on the trip from ho chi min city to Melbourne on flight VN78 on Sunday 26/8/18, I requested his name to complain but he refused!!!

Amulee

AmuleeMelbourne

Separated by my husband and 2 year old

Trish81

Trish81Mid North Coast, NSW

Up there with the best

Surprisingly this airline was outstanding. I’ve travelled with emirates, Singapore airlines, Qantas, and New Zealand and Canada. I can honestly say that It was one of the best flights of ever had. The staff are very attentive, the food was excellent and the legroom was fantastic,

Very happy customer

Everything from the beginning of our flight from Melbourne to Vietnam, internal flights and return was excellent.
On board attention, service with a smile and nothing was too much trouble. They also catered extremely well regarding my special dietary needs.
Would definitely fly with Vietnam Airlines again

J.Jenkinson

J.JenkinsonMelbourne

A good value ticket to Europe, ruined by poor customer and ground services.

JockeygirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again this Airline should be classed as Budjet

Rowdypatch

RowdypatchMelbourne

I exceptional customer service from Melbourne booking office

Was confused when I wanted to book a flight using points due to different amounts for different days. Decided to email Customer Service for some information. Got better than that the ladies asked me when and where did I want to go and gave me options to select from then they did all the hard work and booked our flights. Very friendly and helpful over the phone and I think they are totally customer focused.

charles

charlesmoss vale

Excellent value

Booked through Flight Centre, business class Vietnam Airline from Sydney to Heathrow.. One stop each way on new Dreamliner planes

Feliks Perera

Feliks Perera

comfortable and quick service

The flight I booked was a Domestic flight, flying from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City. Booking and check in was easy, the flight though a small Air Bus 320 was comfortable, and arrived on time. The Aircraft was clean and the decor very pleasant. The staff pleasant

Won’t fly this airline ever again

Booking on line with her jet aboard no problem
We were sent from gate 8 to gate 12 then back to 8 then to gate 9 - 4 hours later we finally leave HCMC
The food was really bad. Kids screaming they were over it before we had even left
So bad

Seb

Seb

Vietnam Airlines: Disappointing indeed!!

The Y-manGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good economy flying- as long as you know what to expect

Mara

Maraasked

I’m flying economy, Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City. It says my meal is included. Will I need money for drinks etc.?

Brian L
Brian L

No, drinks should be included. VN Airlines is great when it comes to providing food and drink in the cabin.

They just suck at not making last minute changes to people’s schedules.

The Y-man

Agree with Brain L - they are a "full service" airline, not a budget carrier. No need to buy anything on board. Only issue sometimes is finding the crew to help you - so don't be afraid to get up and walk to the galley to look for them.

Jockeygirl

No you don’t need money though they run out of European food even breakfast and are never hot

veronicaasked

Which hotel do VNA provide for long hours waiting?

afp
afp

sorry I do not know

Granda

I could not get on to the airline to book a hotel. I was business class and should have been able to qualify for one. I booked my own hotel and did not do a tour.
The air line will not reply to my question re the difference in service between Hamburg and Ho Chi Minh and the leg from H C Mimh to Melbourne. Very rudeand arrogant in my opinion. Granda

veronica

Thank you for your answer.I thought business class was eligible for hotel.
I think VNA is not a very good option.
Thank you.

Veronica

Grandaasked

I want a refund for my flight from ho chi min city to Melbourne. The service was disgusting actually there was none !It could not be worse in economy class Shuldn'I be entitled to a refund .?

Granda

Why not Andy ? . I did not get what I paid for. I also did not get any answer to my question 'Why the big difference in food and service between the flight from Hamburg to Ho Chi Minh city and the flight between Ho Chi Minh and Melbourne.' Not good enough for
an international carrier.

Jockeygirl

Well regarding the food VN answered with this about hot meals

The special meals of Luke just serve in the Business class at the moment

Get an answer from our members and Vietnam Airlines representatives