• Seat Room
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Delays in refund

We booked business class return fares through Traveldream with Vietnam Airline's in 2019 for travel in 2020 which Covid cancelled. We were promised a refund with in 3 - 5 months of cancellation. Now in month 7. No urgency nor explanation for delays or even a date for we could rely on. Wouldn't recommend either outfit.

bigdog1

bigdog1Sydney, NSW

Vietnam Airlines Misrepresent Their Words.

We were unable to travel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions (which some 14 months later are still in place). I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve emailed VN in Vietnam directly and never receiving a response. I contacted the local Australian office who did this and received some communication. The Vietnam Head Office said refunds had been processed ( there are 6 of us with varying fares and routes)
We have so far received about $6 of the $1000s due. I’ve continued to attempt to get information with absolutely no luck. So so disappointed by VN.

Tabby Nguyen

Tabby NguyenPalmerston, NT

It’s been almost a year. I haven’t received the refund

My flight in June 2020 was cancelled due to the Covid 19 pandemic. I have emailed them like 20 emails regarding the refund. In Mar 2021, they email me saying the refund of my tickets has been processed, but I haven’t got the money. Im really disappointed about the service. I WONT fly with Vietnam airline ever again!!!

LỪA ĐẢO MÙA COVID 19

Raymond2803

Raymond2803South East Queensland, QLD

Worrying

Just got an email from this airline, stating that due to the Covid19, any flights from Ho Chi Minh to Sydney are suspended between 27Mar to mid of Apr 2021. Quite suspicious whether it is the case. Covid 19 started in Mar 20. How can they have no plan for this? Never heard Sydney only banned a single flight in this airline from just Ho Chi Minh. Are they are playing a sort of business? Seeing all the other comments, I started to worry whether I can get money back, though the agent said they would refund to me in 6-14 weeks. I am going to raise a dispute with my credit card organisation to see how it is going.

Ian W

Ian WPerth, WA

No refund even though Vietnam Airlines changed the date and then cancelled flight

Vietnam Airlines flight booked for 24 June 2020 was twice changed by airline, including changing the date, and then completely cancelled. Vietnam Airlines initially offered about half of fee paid. I reluctantly accepted this offer, but now the airline just refuses to respond to emails asking for an update. Relatively small amount of money involved, but it is the principle. I cannot recommend Vietnam Airlines based upon this service.

Helen Wellings

Helen WellingsSydney, NSW

Money for nothing.

I would advise not booking Vietnam Airlines. Due to COVID we have not been able to travel but after 6 months of asking for a refund of $16,000, we still haven’t received one, despite recent promises.

Pops

PopsSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

5 Months and still no refund. Not good enough Vietnam Airlines

Shane

ShaneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No Voucher yet. No response to emails and phone calls

I bought return tickets online from their website scheduled to fly in January. Flight were cancelled due to virus in Wuhan. It then took more than 1 month to complete a travel voucher request, and the request is then scheduled to be done in 3 months. Almost 4 months have past but I have not received the voucher yet.
Extremely disappointing.

Hai

HaiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They want to hold onto your money

JasonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

refusing to give refund

CBlack

CBlackSydney, NSW

Confirmed for refund but now my emails are being ignored

Booked a return trip to Europe and our flights were changed/cancelled multiple times due to COVID. Emailed them multiple times and a few weeks later I got a response saying that I will be receiving a refund. It's been months since that refund confirmation email came through and I have yet to receive a refund + all the follow up emails I've sent have been ignored.

Now I am stuck as any email I send is ignored and I have no refund. It's been months and this hasn't been resolved. Very very frustrating

Lynn D.

Lynn D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pleasure to travel with Vietnam Airlines

Have travelled with VN airlines several trips both international and domestic. We are satisfied with their good service, friendly and attentive, good meal menu, wide selections of in flight entertainment. It is worth to join their frequent flight Lotus membership with benefits as priority check in, free upgrading, lounge access. Good job Vietnam airlines!

Jason

Impossible to get hold of

Tom Vuong

Tom VuongGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing Flight

I was flying from Ho Chi Minh City to Melbourne on an A350. The service is amazing in economy class and the IFE is really good. I love to take the airline for the flight back soon in April

Zack P.Vietnam Airlines

Thank you for your feedback Tom and for your loyalty. We are delighted that you are enjoying our services.

Karen H.

Karen H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

1st class airline

We have flown with Vietnam Airlines twice and cannot fault your attention to quality service and friendly staff. Both internationally and locally, all flights were on time and the staff very accommodating. Thank you for making our trips to Vietnam safe and enjoyable.

Seat Room
Food
Zack P.Vietnam Airlines

Thank you for your feedback Karen. We are happy you enjoyed our services:) We hope to welcome you onboard again soon!

Web booking system is completely dysfonctional

Ray

RayIllawarra, NSW

Baggage Allowances

Kel

KelSydney, NSW

Stop moaning

Zack P.Vietnam Airlines

Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty Kel. We hope you enjoy your flight to Phu Quoc with us:)

Jackie

JackieSydney, NSW

Reasonable service at great price

It was the first time travelling with them and travelling to Vietnam. I was lucky to get a good deal online.
Airplane was new, service was great. I was travelling with my child and crew members did their best to make my life easier. I will definitely fly with them again.

Zack P.Vietnam Airlines

Thank you for your feedback Jackie. We are delighted that you enjoyed our services and hope to welcome you during your next journey:)

Sally

Sallyasked

Im thinking of booking London to Sydney Business class one way in Feb. I’m concerned with the 15 hr lay over. Does the airline proved free hotels to business class passengers?

Hello Sally,
Thank you for your question.
Yes, we offer stopover program to our passengers, which includes hotel, meals, excursion, transfers and even visa for most tickets. (certain limits exist on promotional fares)
This service is free of charge, however it should be booked at least 48 hours in advance and you need to provide your passport details.
If your travel agent has any questions regarding this service, - we are more than happy to explain - he just needs to contact us. .

Ariella

Ariellaasked

we are flying 2 adults and one 8 year old child this weekend from Melbourne to Ho chi Minh before continuing to Paris. We ordered kosher meals and now they tell us it is not available. This is really not acceptable. Also we were told the seats are 2,4,2 and we booked the front premium economy to find out we are scattered all over and seating is 2,3,2...I would like someone to provide a solution to our problem please. thanks

Matt
Matt

Good luck !!!!, Vietnam airlines only offer empty apologies and nothing else. My wife and I had a horrendous experience 2 months ago with them, it bordered on racism. Only to get a we are sorry and hope you have a better experience next time. There will never be a next time, I advise no one to fly Vietnam airlines ever.

Hello Ariella,
Thank you for your request. Its hard to say anything as I do not see your reservation.
Please note, for future services you need to kindly contact your travel agent where you purchased your tickets and request to book your seats. Alternatively, you can login your reservation at our website and choose available seats 24 hours before departure.
Regarding meals, we do not offer Kosher Meals from Australia, We are sorry about that. We can offer vegetarian meals instead (they do not violate Kashrut, however we do not guarantee that kitchen equipment that we use was never in contat with milk or meat). If you are very careful about keeping kosher. you will need to take care about your own food.
Please note, Kosher food may be available on your flight from Paris to Vietnam, it should be requested by your agent in advance.

Mara

Maraasked

I’m flying economy, Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City. It says my meal is included. Will I need money for drinks etc.?

Brian L
Brian L

No, drinks should be included. VN Airlines is great when it comes to providing food and drink in the cabin.

They just suck at not making last minute changes to people’s schedules.

The Y-man
The Y-man

Agree with Brain L - they are a "full service" airline, not a budget carrier. No need to buy anything on board. Only issue sometimes is finding the crew to help you - so don't be afraid to get up and walk to the galley to look for them.

Jockeygirl
Jockeygirl

No you don’t need money though they run out of European food even breakfast and are never hot

Get an answer from our members and Vietnam Airlines representatives