Viofo A119

Viofo A119

See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Viofo A119? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1
  • Readable Number PlatesYes (4) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

Kapitoshka
KapitoshkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great dashcam for a great price

Purchased in November 2020 at AliExpress.com for $157.00.

homealone
homealoneCanberra 2600, ACT

Value for money for a budget dash cam

Bought A119S model 3 years ago, still running quite well. It did the job. Night time vision is quite good compared to other budget brands. The dam cam is not using battery but rather capacitor to hold the charge in case power drop so much safer in the car in extreme hot weather. Downside is the dash cam can get quite hot during summer so needs to have aircon on. Hot temperature corrupted firmware twice but a quick SD card firmware refresh will fix it. Generally quite happy with the dash cam. Recommend this brand.

Purchased in July 2017 at eBay for $115.00.

Other Dash Cams

Milo
MiloSydney, NSW

DEAD after 2.5 years

DEAD after 2.5 years. Quality of footage is acceptable for the money ($109AUD in Aug17). Setup and operation is OK. In my car, it was not in the sun as I have it attached under the bulkhead, so I expected a longer life out of it or that reason, but nope.

Purchased in August 2017 for $109.00.

Dash Cams

Find out how Viofo A119 compares to other Dash Cams

Bad product...safe your money. Sheet from China

Defective product, stuck not working anymore. Only viofo word exists in the screen the menu button pressed and not released because the temperature inside the car, I can't succeed to update new software. The device not recognized in my computer for software update. This product it's a big joke and a big sheet from China.

Purchased in October 2018 for $68.00.

mickeyc
mickeycSouth East Queensland, QLD

Definitely a good value dash cam

The installation was quite simple and the picture quality seems to be very good for the price. I would definitely recommend this dash cam for drivers who want peace of mind.

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for $107.20.

john
john

A119S Would have rated zero had it been available

Not for me!! back to the GW-C for me, I had less than 4 hours recording on my unit before it died, will no longer power up. Emails to Viofo support were ignored, so they don't deserve any support from me; lesson learned.

Purchased in March 2018.

Woot
Woot

Good features but plagued by reliability issues.

The card reader of the dashcam died 13 months from purchase - just outside warranty period (SD card confirmed ok). Poor support from Viofo when you have issues. While it was working it was ok, but the Aussie heat caused rebooting issues and other errors in its short lifetime. Would NOT purchase this brand again.

Ian
IanVictoria

Good camera with a good price

Other Dash Cams

Stephen
StephenAU

Better than nothing I suppose...

Dash Cams

Find out how Viofo A119 compares to other Dash Cams

BobTech
BobTechMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Works very well

pippab
pippab

Far exceeded expectations!

This review is for the A119S which I gave to my husband for Christmas and it's such a great camera. I did a lot of research before I bought it and thanks to Product Review it ticks all the boxes. I went with the optional GPS built in mount to complete the package. The vision is crystal clear, wide angle and sound is great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one and I've dropped blatant hints for my birthday.

Caution

Brilliant picture, crystal clear with excellent night vision - my first unit was subject to endless faults and needing replacement after 3 months. The exchange was carried without any problems and the replacement unit works well. Setting up is relatively easy, however I am still slowly working through all the various options.

Gezz