2Virgin Atlantic

Angie M
Angie MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Excellent in every way

Virgin Atlantic was amazing

Check in staff friendly, helpful and professional. On board service and food excellent.

Seamless connection to México with Delta airlines and again superb staff in the air and on the ground.

I will definitely use Virgin for any future trips overseas.

Joanne and Doug Geri
Joanne and Doug GeriBrisbane

Revealing
RevealingADELAIDE52 posts

Passenger comfort

I was unfortunate sitting next to two passengers of Indian origin. The odour being oozing from them was not the most pleasant I had to endure for the next 6 or so hour flight. The first thing I looked for was some sort of air vent above me to get some fresh air. There was non! C'mon Sir Richard. At least have an air vent above a passenger seat like many airlines have. Seat was a tight squeeze and if you where slightly on a wider scale, forget it. You may not pop out after getting in to it. Lol.

Please find a separate compartment for people who must take their small noisy kids along. It is not fair on passengers let alone the Kids either. I some times wonder about nowa days parents.

Lyn
LynSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Atrocious

Will never travel with Virgin airlines overseas again,equal to air Asia ,staff rude,food horrible,no tv facilities,can't describe further without being rude!!

Chris W
Chris WBuderim Qld 45562 posts

Virgin Airlines Does its best for you

We recently flew to Bali and back with Virgin and were really pleased with the service, considering we had a very cheap flight. Both for departure and return everything ran like clockwork; we even arrived back in Australia early! The food was tasty and the service was friendly and helpful. Well done Virgin, we will fly with you again!

Tasiturn
TasiturnBurnie, Tasmania65 posts

Joseph
Joseph

The best experience to Heathrow

OMG! This was the best flight ever! Even though I flew economy, the seats were comfortable, the food was great and wonderful service. Got to Sydney 3hr before departure and got priority checkin with velocity gold. Got to the lounge at least 1hr before boarding but plenty for me to eat. Priority boarding meant that I could store my bags. Wide variety or entertainment. Delicious food; like premium economy. In Hong Kong got to the lounge and it was luxury. I slept for 7hrs on the flight to London. Excellent service and comfortable seat. Ive seen that people have given it bad reviews but I don't understand why. Best flight ever!!!

BCS
BCS

Netta
Netta

Needs to improve

Flew to the UK on the 2nd September 2013 via Hong Kong, premium economy, couldn't fault the staff both on the ground in Sydney and on the plane. The food on the other hand was pretty terrible. The return trip on the 1st October was almost a copycat experience, good ground staff at Heathrow and on the plane worse food, eggs or eggs for breakfast, entertainment system for the whole of premium economy played up, limited snacks available. All in all, we wondered if it was worth the extra cost.
attentive staff

KooroshSydney

Geordieoz
Geordieozsydney2 posts

Worst flight ever

First and last flight with VA arrived at Premium economy to be told we didn't have seats (paid for 3 months earlier) left sitting for 30 minutes while it was sorted out, upgraded to upper class from sydney to HK but seperated from my wife who was in tears both seats we were given had broken tables. Next to the toilets in premium economy from HK to London no sleep at all .Have flown 500,000 miles by far the worst experience ever. One star is generous
cabin crew good
Ground staff, booking staff, customer service
emailpip
emailpipGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC100 posts

Good

I flew Virgin Atlantic from London to New York and found the crew make the flight enjoyable with their upbeat happy attitudes and little jokes and humour they display.

Yes sure the crew are all young and fresh faced, but they are still professional and really reinforce the Virgin branding.

Thoughtful extras for those flying in economy class as well - you get a backpack filled with pens, note paper, socks, eye shades, lip balm etc - so makes you feel very special.

Well worth flying Virgon just for the experience.
the staff are down to earth and friendly and nothing is too much trouble
nothing to dislike

Mong
Mong

Im fly fr sydney to denpasar Bali on one way ticket because i need to travel to another asian country.
From indonesia...
The ladies on the check in desk ask my return ticket ...
And i said i dont book yet
She want me to book a return ticket.and for 30 days stay in indonesia
I told her i need more than 30 days because i have a business there at least i will stay for 3 month
She keep insist i only can stay for 30 days
I done this travels a lot
My last travel on 29 december amd i back to sydney on 29 of march
Never have problem...
The lady shout at me and keep insist not allows to stay more than 30 days in indonesia....why she look like the one controlling my travel
I know better about indonesia and everywhere around the world you can stay what ever days u want it
Why she not allowed me to stay more tha 30 days.? Its my business and my problem with immigration
It cost me 560$ to book again for return ticket for 30 days
I really upset about this...
You just hire old lady doesnt u derdtand about travelling overseas ?
I am now insist your company to reimburse my fare (the one i booked on 17 may ) because i am not going to back to sydney on that date because i have a business there...
It is my business with Indonesian Immigration....not airline business
Please consider my loss

NIGE
NIGE

I'd like comments on ETIHAD and VIRGIN airlines. I am yet to read a favourable review on VIRGIN.

What about ETIHAD - so we get a glass of wine with meals?

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi Nige, for Excellent and Good reviews on virgin you can click on the 'Excellent' Rating Summary link. For Etihad reviews you can go to the Etihad listing here: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/etihad-airways.html

CategoryInternational Airlines