Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Atlantic

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Angie M

Angie MMelbourne

Excellent in every way

Virgin Atlantic was amazing
Check in staff friendly, helpful and professional. On board service and food excellent.
Seamless connection to México with Delta airlines and again superb staff in the air and on the ground.
I will definitely use Virgin for any future trips overseas.

Give Virgin Australia a break!!!!!

Revealing

RevealingADELAIDE

Passenger comfort

I was unfortunate sitting next to two passengers of Indian origin. The odour being oozing from them was not the most pleasant I had to endure for the next 6 or so hour flight. The first thing I looked for was some sort of air vent above me to get some fresh air. There was non! C'mon Sir Richard. At least have an air vent above a passenger seat like many airlines have. Seat was a tight squeeze and if you where slightly on a wider scale, forget it. You may not pop out after getting in to it. Lol.
Please find a separate compartment for people who must take their small noisy kids along. It is not fair on passengers let alone the Kids either. I some times wonder about nowa days parents.

Lyn

LynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Atrocious

Will never travel with Virgin airlines overseas again,equal to air Asia ,staff rude,food horrible,no tv facilities,can't describe further without being rude!!

Chris W

Chris WBuderim Qld 4556

Virgin Airlines Does its best for you

We recently flew to Bali and back with Virgin and were really pleased with the service, considering we had a very cheap flight. Both for departure and return everything ran like clockwork; we even arrived back in Australia early! The food was tasty and the service was friendly and helpful. Well done Virgin, we will fly with you again!

Tasiturn

TasiturnBurnie, Tasmania

When travelling Virgin International, pretend you're a Bikie.

The best experience to Heathrow

OMG! This was the best flight ever! Even though I flew economy, the seats were comfortable, the food was great and wonderful service. Got to Sydney 3hr before departure and got priority checkin with velocity gold. Got to the lounge at least 1hr before boarding but plenty for me to eat. Priority boarding meant that I could store my bags. Wide variety or entertainment. Delicious food; like premium economy. In Hong Kong got to the lounge and it was luxury. I slept for 7hrs on the flight to London. Excellent service and comfortable seat. Ive seen that people have given it bad reviews but I don't understand why. Best flight ever!!!

Virgin Atlantic PE

Needs to improve

Flew to the UK on the 2nd September 2013 via Hong Kong, premium economy, couldn't fault the staff both on the ground in Sydney and on the plane. The food on the other hand was pretty terrible. The return trip on the 1st October was almost a copycat experience, good ground staff at Heathrow and on the plane worse food, eggs or eggs for breakfast, entertainment system for the whole of premium economy played up, limited snacks available. All in all, we wondered if it was worth the extra cost.
attentive staff
poor food

Heathrow-Sydney

Sandy41

Sandy41SYDNEY

Give my Tiger or Jetstar any time!!

Koorosh

KooroshSydney

Sydney - London Return

Geordieoz

Geordieozsydney

Worst flight ever

First and last flight with VA arrived at Premium economy to be told we didn't have seats (paid for 3 months earlier) left sitting for 30 minutes while it was sorted out, upgraded to upper class from sydney to HK but seperated from my wife who was in tears both seats we were given had broken tables. Next to the toilets in premium economy from HK to London no sleep at all .Have flown 500,000 miles by far the worst experience ever. One star is generous
cabin crew good
Ground staff, booking staff, customer service

emailpip

emailpipVIC, 3146

Good

I flew Virgin Atlantic from London to New York and found the crew make the flight enjoyable with their upbeat happy attitudes and little jokes and humour they display.

Yes sure the crew are all young and fresh faced, but they are still professional and really reinforce the Virgin branding.

Thoughtful extras for those flying in economy class as well - you get a backpack filled with pens, note paper, socks, eye shades, lip balm etc - so makes you feel very special.

Well worth flying Virgon just for the experience.
the staff are down to earth and friendly and nothing is too much trouble
nothing to dislike

David_Karen

David_Karen

Recently flew economy from Sydney to Hong Kong to London (and back again) on Virgin Atlantic. Have flown Virgin Atlantic in both economy and business on many occasions and always found them to be a little step above most airlines. They treat you like a person rather than just a passenger. Have always found the airline better than British Airways or Qantus (have flown both on several occasions). The food on the flight was good with reasonable choice on all legs of the flight. Turn-around in Hong Kong was quick at around 1.5 hours. Certainly intend to fly them again.
Great entertainment system with lots of new movies, TV shows and various games. New , quiet aircraft. Good value.
None really.

Best flight ever, would do it again

Flew from Sydney to London via Hong Kong Sept 2010, flight crew were fantastic, food was very good, entertainment via screen was very entertaining indeed, comfortable seats and could fall asleep very easily, flight was extremly comfortable.
customer service was fantastic

GBarre

GBarreAU

Somewhere in between average and good 3.5 stars

Jeanne32

Jeanne32Sydney, Australia

Unfriendly customer service

Have just flown premium economy from Sydey to London. I have done this trip many times with different airlines and different classes of travel. I would put this cabin crew as one of the most offhand I have encountered - especially when paying double the economy price for premium economy. I would only choose this flight again due to good price.
Good value for money
Offhand cabin crew left a bad impression.

Don't eat the food and don't expect to nap!

ErikaH

ErikaHAU

Do yourself a favour - fly with another airline