Visiondrive VD-8000HDS

Visiondrive VD-8000HDS

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Dash Cams in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BurgoWyoming, NSW

The Best Dash cam on the market

This is easily the best dash cam for Australian use. I can not fault anything about it except for the long boot time.
All the information you need to know about it is on their website
Highlights: Higher operating temperature than others, will continue to operate at 80 degree. Will take a 128GB SDHC card. Easy to use config software. Easy to install. ETC.
My unit has operated faultlessly since I installed it in January this year.
You will not be disappointed with this device.
Everything about it except the long boot time.
The only problem with this unit is the long boot-up time of 100 seconds. I can get 200 meters down the road before it is active.

jennifer
jennifer

One of our drivers bought one of these for his truck. It was not very good and way overpriced when looking at the new cameras we got. This camera camera last out of 10 cameras also on the choice magazine review.

Burgo

Jennifer-Sorry to hear that your experience was not the same as mine.
I do agree they are expensive, but mine has operated flawlessly and the unit is very good in my opinion.
Can you please let me know which unit you eventually went for?

frosty

frostyasked

I wanna get a dash cam for my 2013 Hyundai i30.
Do any of the dash cams or on board cameras you sell record side on vision?
Many side on impacts, even catastrophic T-BONE collisions show nothing as to who is in the right or wrong, because the cameras only record front and year.
I've tried to find a full 360 degree set up but am told they don't exist.

thanks for any help,,.,.,.,Frosty

Tnarg
Tnarg

I have this particular unit installed in my own veh since March of last year and only replaced an earlier model which I had been using for 4 years. These units work in the same principle as the NSW Police ICV (In Car Video) units. They record date, time, GPS and veh speed to which attached. In regards to impact from the sides, unless a fish eye type lens is used but in all practicality, if in case of a T-BONE collision and the offending veh is identified the actual recording of speed & geographic of surrounds prior to collision to which the camera is attached will simplify a Courts ruling as to fault. In case of impact, my unit is triggered to account for 20 seconds prior to impact, which to date and fortunately have not required the use thereof but in the case of one, I have no doubt that this unit will definitely prove my innocence in regards to the collision.

CategoryDash Cams