Volkswagen Caddy Life

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best People Movers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Volkswagen Caddy Life8 reviews
nino
nino
  Mk.4

Excellent for trips and business, not the best choice in city traffic (diesel models)

Used everyday, in business and as a family car, my 2.0 Diesel (2018) is fast, silent and low cost.
Service maintenance after 30k kilometers.
Too bad they put start-stop system, a stupid idea for the engine, battery, belts, etc.
The assistant for gear shifting is totally useless and causing clogging the particle filter.
Overall, a good and reliable car, well made, despite new EU regulations. Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Performance
Design
Not happy
Not happy
  Caddy Life

Don't buy a vw caddy

While the car is a true 7 seater with a boot, we have had nothing but trouble with the build quality of the vehicle. Only 80,000 km in and we have had to replace the clutch twice, the transmission and now the engine seals are going - first the at the gearbox and now we have oil in the coolant. And VW consider this normal wear and tear? Unless you have an unlimited budget Thor repairs, stay away from VW. Don't make our mistake.

Show details

Azzbot
AzzbotNSWSydney, NSW13 posts
  2K

Well built and runs off an oily rag

I have just hit 80,000kms in 3 years in my Caddy Diesel.. I get between 700-800km per tank and thats city driving. It would easily do 900-1000km on freeway work...

I have had no issues, its services on time and I think it has had 4/5 car recalls that have been all fixed whn i have done my services.

I really cannot fault this car as a work/family vehicle. Next time i may look at the VW van line.
fuel range, accelaration, interior space
Services arnt capped and are expensive

afamilyof4
afamilyof4NSWSydney, NSW5 posts
masd270248
masd270248WAPerth, WA40 posts
  2K

Van is fine, but VW Australia stinks!

yeah the van is fine, handles well and my only complaint is that it uses excessive fuel when the air conditioner is on during summer.

BUT, at 75,000kms and just over 3 years old, it developed problems with vibration, no one could diagnose the fault, and it eventually needed all new CV joints and engine mounts, some had cracked and some had worn unevenly. The air conditioner also seized and had to be replaced. I asked VW to help by paying for just the parts, I would carry labour, as I had used a non VW mechanic,( there aren't any VW mechanics anywhere near us). They wouldn't even consider it!!

Not happy... so I tell everyone the story, and a couple of lost sales will more than make up for the $2500 they saved by not helping me!!

Show details

John
John

The caddy life 2007 model is a bucket of shit, worst car I've ever had my Gemini shits on it..

MightyTriby
MightyTribyNSWSydney, NSW16 posts
pana_bloody_sonic
pana_bloody_sonicAU2 posts
  Caddy Life

Makes life easier when caring for a disabled relative

Len Brazier special vehicles modified the Caddy to accept a wheelchair, the ramp works well & the VW vehicle is dream to drive. It is an automatic with a Deisel motor but the performance of the vehicle is anything but truck like to drive
Efficient diesel motor & car like handling
Service costs are a bit expensive Show details
alexwar
alexwar2 posts
  2K

Good

For the price nothing equal to this and it just handle like a car and not a van, put a DVD for the kids and they will love it.
Diesel Engine, Space inside, quality inside ( Caddy Max Life )
Bluetooh not controlled by the steering wheels control, board computer menu does not activate, no air bags for passengers