Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

WVE916SB and WVE916SA

So easy to use and heats up quick

Got this oven with our new home through Carlisle Homes. Love the FHU (fast heat up) function, rather than waiting for it to heat slowly... SO easy to use too. Timer is easy with the up and down buttons. Function is easy too just with the tap of the button. It not only looks good, theres no complicated instructions, or having to read through a manual to use it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Product is used: Daily

Extremely disappointed and dangerous

Our oven is 6 months old and an hour after cooking a meal and it had almost cooled the front door literally exploded. Glass flew at least 3 meters. Super dangerous and really disappointed.

Purchased in July 2018 for $2,999.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Hi Jenni, Denise from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your oven. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Denise ticket 902179 Thanks Denise

Two major faults in 5 years

We first purchased the oven with new house build Oct 2013.
We use oven on average twice a week.
Had to have main PCB replaced October 2016 @ $85.00 service call + $320.00
Now oven turns off completely when it reaches approx. 180 deg Celsius so we are now up for another service call fee and ? what parts fee.
Love the size and the look of the oven but too many costly repairs needed so wouldn't recommend.

Purchased in October 2013.

Product is used: Several times a week

Awesome Awesome Oven

The old Technica was died after 7 years..Time for a new one with a brand I could trust? Heats evenly and love the pizza function to reheat pizza.

Value for money and easy to operate. No regrets.

Purchased in November 2018 at Whitegoods Online for $1,890.00.

Product is used: Daily

5 years old and the problems have started

5 years old and problems started. We had this oven installed with a new house build. Was awesome the first few years but honestly I'm not much of a cooker so only got used maybe once a week. This last 3 months things have changed. Went away for a holiday and came back to completely blank facing, power all ok, turned out to be the circuit card, after being informed that there is only a 2 year warranty on oven and I will have to pay $350 for parts and labour we got it fixed after 3 weeks of waiting and little help from the call centre Then after only 1 week of being fixed we were cooking roast vegies opened the door and the glass exploded everywhere, lucky only minor cuts were obtained but whilst cleaning up the glass the rest of the panels shattered and the door became damaged. So we now have a door less oven unable to be used and only 4 days til xmas.
Disappointed that after 5 years with barely any use this oven has broken twice in the last 3 months both within a couple of weeks of each time.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Hi Alicia , Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Oven . If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine . Thanks, Catherine

Don't do it

We use this oven 2-3 times a year. it has needed a faulty circuit board replaced, at our cost, and always errors. This is the oven you buy if you hate cooking and want an excuse to but take-out, as it almost never works. It is a $1500 kitchen ornament that adds no value to your life. Buy anything else.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Great Oven

Love the size of this oven, we've had it a little over a year now and cooking roast dinners it is just fantastic. it has a fast heat up function which is super handy for such a large oven. The only thing is the touch screens controls are sensitive and I don't think there is a lock mode, I am always bumping into the oven controls and turning it off and on by mistake. as a child safety feature this would be handy to include. overall love the oven. It is stylish and looks great in our modern kitchen, always heats up well and never had any problems cooking on any of the settings.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

best oven ever

just purchased an an wall oven love it cooks amazing - love the timer - also love the look over the oven super modern - the oven is very easy to clean one wipe and the whole oven is soo clean the outside a bit of morning fresh well done

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Control Panel is not working

Hi, my oven model is WVE916SA, used less than 10 times for the past 2.5 years. The digital control panel suddenly was not working (no display) since June 2018, and the product warranty just exceeded by 3month. We checked the Main switch and also the power point, both are working fine. The power cable at the rear is showing power on, but there is no display on the control panel. Your advice is appreciate

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Tanya, Marina from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Thanks, MarinaHi Marina I send you an email but didn’t get any replyThank you soo much for your service ..They send technician to my house within a week and solve the problem..Really appreciate that..

Door broke and fell off

We purchased this oven for $2,199 via Kitchen Connection who installed our Kitchen in October 2014, so the oven is currently only 47 months old but of course out of warranty. We take good care of the oven and it’s performed ok, it’s in very good condition, it’s cleaned regularly and still looks brand new. I would have probably given the oven 3 stars, however…

Last night, when putting in dinner, the oven door fell off. The hinge appears to have failed and is now bent and will not close. The plastic between the glass panels in the door has also broken where the faulty hinge fits and so our oven currently has no door.

I called Electrolux as requested by Kitchen Connection and after 30 minutes on hold someone finally answered my call. I was told the oven is out of warranty and that a technician call out was going to cost me $140 plus parts. I was then transferred to the local service agent who said the call out will actually cost me $160 plus parts. I get that the warranty period is only for 24 months but who would expect the door to fall off after only a further 23 months. It seems I’m now up for several hundreds of dollars in repair bills along with the inconvenience of not having and oven and to me that doesn’t feel good enough. The technician is due out sometime on Wednesday, I will update this review if anything else relevant happens….

Date PurchasedOct 2014
…so the Newcastle Wholesale Appliances technician called out on Wednesday and priced the replacement parts, along with telling me the callout fee is $165.00. Front glass and plastic frame $170.00, two new hinges $92.00. So, the total repair cost was $427.00. In the meantime, a customer service representative (Shannan) from Electrolux (Westinghouse) messaged me apologising for my issues and offering to discuss the situation. After a few friendly back and forth emails and a phone call, Shannan offered to replace the spare parts free of charge and said I would only need to pay the Labour charge of $165.00. The Newcastle Wholesale Appliances technician called out again on Friday and installed the repaired door and replacement hinges. While I’m not thrilled about having to pay the $165.00 labour charge, the technician was friendly and helpful and repaired the oven when he said he would. The total repair cost to me was $165 and I’m grateful for the level of customer service and back up support from Electrolux and Newcastle Wholesale Appliances but I wish they had helped me on my first call to them rather than me having to post a review to be heard. I would however now consider purchasing a Westinghouse oven again in the future

Fairly happy

Bought this when we moved into our new home. We cook a lot in oven and has been great. Fan seems quite noisy but other than that we haven’t had any issues.
It’s quite wide which means multiple stuff can be in oven cooking/ baking. Price was very reasonable compared to others. Overall quite satisfied.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

essential for my daily cooking

I purchased this oven 2 years ago from Masters when I was renovating my kitchen and since then and it is very important to my daily cooking menu. I enjoyed baking in it, it helps me bake amazing recipes. Absolutely recommend it if you enjoy cooking this oven will make it enjoyable.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Exploding glass

3 year old oven and the inner glass door exploded with my 11 month old daughter nearby!!!

Have been on hold for 30mins with the customer service line. Is anyone going to answer ever?!?!?

Can I even use my oven? Is it safe? Perhaps I’ll get answers when someone answers the phone

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi Kate, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Rumana

This is good

I really love my new oven! I usually use the oven for a few dishes, it is helping me a lot in stead of cook just with the gas stove. It is very easy to open and clean as well, I use to check how is the food cooking time to time

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Glass door explodeing glass everywhere

This oven should be recalled a very lot of Westinghouse oven glass doors explodeing we had kids and parents very close to the oven when it's glass door scattered everywhere this is a major problem as someone will be very badly hurt very soon why isn't this a product recall

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Mel, Leslie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you have experienced a problem with your Westinghouse WVE916SB. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Leslie

Door cracking and does not cook well, faulty clock

I have had so many issues with this oven, it's built poorly, the door hinge has stretched and won't close correctly, had it repaired already twice. The door frame has cracked on use and the glass looks like it will fall through any minute. Clock timer has had problems with the touch control and does not work half the time. I have had 3 repairs and it can't get sorted out. I'm going to replace this asap because half the time I can't even get it to work.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Antoco, Zaida from Electrolux here. Sorry to hear of the issues re your WVE916SB oven. Would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Assistance Required | WVE916SB | Reference Antoco." Please include your full name and number and once received, we'll give you a call. Thanks in advance, Zaida of Electrolux.

Big siZe oven

Big siZe oven so it's perfect when you have to cook more than 1 dish, down side u cannot turn one on only, has to turn on the whole both sides. Also when the power is off the fan is still going and if you leave the food in then it'll turn to hard

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great oven

This was a replacement oven in my apartment for an old one. It is easy to use, fast baking, grill, safe to use. It is really easy to cook in it. I like the finishing of it, it looks neat on my kitchen. Easy to clean also and fast cools down. Happy with it!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great oven and cooks food well

This was quite expensive compared to the other ovens on sale. It is great quality and has lots of space. Great for baking lots of cakes. It cooks fast but well and the heating is even and well done. You get what you pay for and this oven is really good value for money if you cook a lot.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Don't have any complaints

I am particularly impressed with the fast heat up mode which I use all the time. The size is great so we can bake plenty at once. We actually bought two of the same one.

We have yet to use the self cleaning function yet. The glass insulates heat quite well as you can barely feel the heat from the glass

Date PurchasedMay 2017