Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

WVE916SB, WVE916SA

Carrie H.

Carrie H.Perth, WA

Brand new and glass exploded

We received this oven with our new home, used less than 4 weeks and the glass exploded. Temperature was on 180 degrees for less than 20 minutes. Don't buy it.

Purchased in July 2019.

Miranda

MirandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So easy to use and heats up quick

Got this oven with our new home through Carlisle Homes. Love the FHU (fast heat up) function, rather than waiting for it to heat slowly... SO easy to use too. Timer is easy with the up and down buttons. Function is easy too just with the tap of the button. It not only looks good, theres no complicated instructions, or having to read through a manual to use it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Product is used: Daily
Jennie

JennieHunter Region, NSW

Extremely disappointed and dangerous

Our oven is 6 months old and an hour after cooking a meal and it had almost cooled the front door literally exploded. Glass flew at least 3 meters. Super dangerous and really disappointed.

Purchased in July 2018 for $2,999.00.

Foster

FosterSydney, NSW

Two major faults in 5 years

We first purchased the oven with new house build Oct 2013.
We use oven on average twice a week.
Had to have main PCB replaced October 2016 @ $85.00 service call + $320.00
Now oven turns off completely when it reaches approx. 180 deg Celsius so we are now up for another service call fee and ? what parts fee.
Love the size and the look of the oven but too many costly repairs needed so wouldn't recommend.

Purchased in October 2013.

Marcel

MarcelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome Awesome Oven

The old Technica was died after 7 years..Time for a new one with a brand I could trust? Heats evenly and love the pizza function to reheat pizza.

Value for money and easy to operate. No regrets.

Purchased in November 2018 at Whitegoods Online for $1,890.00.

Product is used: Daily

Alicia

Alicia

5 years old and the problems have started

Date PurchasedSep 2014

J.D

J.DGisborne

Don't do it

We use this oven 2-3 times a year. it has needed a faulty circuit board replaced, at our cost, and always errors. This is the oven you buy if you hate cooking and want an excuse to but take-out, as it almost never works. It is a $1500 kitchen ornament that adds no value to your life. Buy anything else.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Bazza123

Bazza123queensland

Great Oven

Love the size of this oven, we've had it a little over a year now and cooking roast dinners it is just fantastic. it has a fast heat up function which is super handy for such a large oven. The only thing is the touch screens controls are sensitive and I don't think there is a lock mode, I am always bumping into the oven controls and turning it off and on by mistake. as a child safety feature this would be handy to include. overall love the oven. It is stylish and looks great in our modern kitchen, always heats up well and never had any problems cooking on any of the settings.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Linda

Linda

best oven ever

just purchased an an wall oven love it cooks amazing - love the timer - also love the look over the oven super modern - the oven is very easy to clean one wipe and the whole oven is soo clean the outside a bit of morning fresh well done

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Control Panel is not working

Hi, my oven model is WVE916SA, used less than 10 times for the past 2.5 years. The digital control panel suddenly was not working (no display) since June 2018, and the product warranty just exceeded by 3month. We checked the Main switch and also the power point, both are working fine. The power cable at the rear is showing power on, but there is no display on the control panel. Your advice is appreciate

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Hi Marina
I send you an email but didn’t get any reply

Tanya

Thank you soo much for your service ..They send technician to my house within a week and solve the problem..Really appreciate that..

SteveKotara

Door broke and fell off

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Europeanexploer

Europeanexploer

Fairly happy

Bought this when we moved into our new home. We cook a lot in oven and has been great. Fan seems quite noisy but other than that we haven’t had any issues.
It’s quite wide which means multiple stuff can be in oven cooking/ baking. Price was very reasonable compared to others. Overall quite satisfied.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Alaa s.

Alaa s.Perth

essential for my daily cooking

I purchased this oven 2 years ago from Masters when I was renovating my kitchen and since then and it is very important to my daily cooking menu. I enjoyed baking in it, it helps me bake amazing recipes. Absolutely recommend it if you enjoy cooking this oven will make it enjoyable.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Exploding glass

3 year old oven and the inner glass door exploded with my 11 month old daughter nearby!!!

Have been on hold for 30mins with the customer service line. Is anyone going to answer ever?!?!?

Can I even use my oven? Is it safe? Perhaps I’ll get answers when someone answers the phone

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Fedy

Fedy

This is good

I really love my new oven! I usually use the oven for a few dishes, it is helping me a lot in stead of cook just with the gas stove. It is very easy to open and clean as well, I use to check how is the food cooking time to time

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Glass door explodeing glass everywhere

This oven should be recalled a very lot of Westinghouse oven glass doors explodeing we had kids and parents very close to the oven when it's glass door scattered everywhere this is a major problem as someone will be very badly hurt very soon why isn't this a product recall

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Antoco

AntocoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Door cracking and does not cook well, faulty clock

I have had so many issues with this oven, it's built poorly, the door hinge has stretched and won't close correctly, had it repaired already twice. The door frame has cracked on use and the glass looks like it will fall through any minute. Clock timer has had problems with the touch control and does not work half the time. I have had 3 repairs and it can't get sorted out. I'm going to replace this asap because half the time I can't even get it to work.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

maria

mariaSydney

Big siZe oven

Big siZe oven so it's perfect when you have to cook more than 1 dish, down side u cannot turn one on only, has to turn on the whole both sides. Also when the power is off the fan is still going and if you leave the food in then it'll turn to hard

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Jean Carlos

Jean Carlos

Great oven

This was a replacement oven in my apartment for an old one. It is easy to use, fast baking, grill, safe to use. It is really easy to cook in it. I like the finishing of it, it looks neat on my kitchen. Easy to clean also and fast cools down. Happy with it!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Charlie

CharlieSydney

Great oven and cooks food well

This was quite expensive compared to the other ovens on sale. It is great quality and has lots of space. Great for baking lots of cakes. It cooks fast but well and the heating is even and well done. You get what you pay for and this oven is really good value for money if you cook a lot.

Date PurchasedDec 2017