White Knight Rust Guard

White Knight Rust Guard

See the Best Solvent & Drain Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Kay

KaySouth East Queensland, QLD

White Knight Spray paint - Poor quality control followed by rotten customer service

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $12.50.

Pip

PipSouth Australia

Doesn't Do What it Says it Will Do

Used this as per directions on my cast iron birdbath thinking there was something in its name. I used a wire brush then metal primer as directed then followed with two coats of this enamel. The birdbath rusted.

Purchased in November 2018 for $20.00.

Clint

Clint

Crappiest Paint On The Market

This paint is crap!!! Do not use it. It wrecked 2 of my $200 dollar paint guns. You cant thin it cause it eats the thinners up and it clogs the gun and the gun just sprays air. By brush the coverage is poor and will not surfice your needs.
I ended up using Watyl kill rust and that stuff paints and thins like a dream.
If you buy this rust guard just throw your money away now.

Very difficult to use and poor finish

Henry

HenryMelbourne

Rust Guard range

Thin with poor coverage

Used numerous touch up epoxy enamels over the years. Went to bunnings who obviously supply this product as a cheaper alternative to better products. You get what you pay for! Very poor covergage with watery paint. By the time time you get any depth of coverage you start running into sag issues. Numerous thin coats produces an average job but it is time consuming. Touch dry in 6 - 8 hours.......are you kidding? With paint is thin it should be touch dry in an hour.

Better of the available options

I am not a 'professional'.. i have however restored several vehicles over the years and believe this to be the better of the available options on the australian market. Rust converter is not a miracle worker, it is however a useful tool to get rid of light surface rust before paining. I would suggest you follow the instructions of any product carefully.
Quite powerful concentrate
Sticky afterwards

Richard SchepenSmithfield Qld

ineffective

I used this product on the many surfaces without success. Steel posts, trailer, custom orb roofing, even inside tables. All have started to rust in 8 months. As a professional have used the correct procedures. Left for the correct time before priming . Was used under both acrylic and oil based paints.
I have always had a top regard for their products as I think they make good paints.
Maybe an off batch definitely did not work this time or maybe as good as they say

Richard Schepen

The review is for the rust converter and not the product in the picture for the solvent. Richard

David

Davidasked

Hello
I have just bought 4 litres of white Knight SLS primer, 4 litres rust guard enamel, 1 litre rust guard solvent
I also bought one litre of rust guard enamel to test before I opened the big tins.
I had called white knight in the week and spoke to one of white Knights technical guys to make sure I applied the paint correctly.
The paint is rubbish and I have had all the problems in the bad reviews, the main problem being not drying correctly and is still soft.
I will be taking back to Bunnings, but want white Knight to compensate me for the wasted primer and now the paint remover to remove the rubbish White Knight paint and my time wasted

BOLLOCKSasked

I top-coated the tailgates of my box trailer with two coats of White Knight Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel three days ago and it is still "soft" [not tacky but easily removed with a scratch of the fingernail]. How long does it take for this product to dry to where the paint is hard enough to resist damage through abrasion/knocks/etc?

dtbobmiller
dtbobmiller

Give it a week or so. Leave it in the sun if possible - not in the rain though. It is an enamel and takes a while to harden up, but lasts pretty good. I did my steel gates I made 9 years ago and they are out in the sun and weather - just starting to go a bit dull now - much longer than expected.

BOLLOCKS

Thank you dtbobmiller. Yes it is starting to harden up now.

Alan McN.

Alan McN.asked

Have applied RUST guard fish oil to well prepared metal surface but it will not dry --- has been
hanging on clothes line for 21 days & it remains very 'tacky '.
Is there something I can do to achieve full drying. ??

Get an answer from our members and White Knight representatives