Workzone (Aldi) Bench-Top Router Table

Workzone (Aldi) Bench-Top Router Table

2.7

OurSecret

OurSecretNSW, 2758

A bit ordinary and not up to big jobs

Workzone router bits are great and I have already used them on an old Ryobi router. I needed a good bench and should have paid more as this one doesn't have the capacity for heavy and long tasks, just hobby routing of short lines. Ok at the cheap price, but I am back to using a good old timber bench and ancient clamps.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Easy Fix for Fence Bolt Problem

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Router

For $42.00 what can one expect, you get what you pay for, in my case I use it around the garage and find it does the job very well. I have even purchased extra cutters. Just follow instructions, take your time and all is good. The guide rail is a bit poor, but its easy to fix that with a few pieces of wood.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Table Saws

Find out how Workzone (Aldi) Bench-Top Router Table compares to other Table Saws

Greg

GregCanberra

can live without it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
L Dally

L DallySydney

Strong metal frame, a bit flimsy attachment of router

Good price, same as the Ozito one from bunnings. Not a bad product, but it could do with a better connection piece for the router to the table which is basic and flimsy.

The other annoying thing is the multitude of small bolts to assemble it. Wish they could make a more easier design.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

A simple table at a knock down price (£30 at ALDI 2014)

Adjustments can be hit and miss with no proper vernier adjustments (spend 10x more and you get them!!)
Hard to use to make accurate cuts of a chosen size so cut and try and adjust before machining your workpiece
For simple diy tasks it is fine.

robbo59Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Joe

Joeasked

What type of router tta-7802suits this particular model

Lefty0655asked

I live in the United Kingdom and I am thinking of buying one of these tables and noticed the switch is on the front of the table. My Makita Router has a dead man's switch. My question is how does the table defeat the switch and allow you to start and stop the router from the switch the table?

Roger
Roger

Fit router to table no bit fitted! switch on, won't start until green button on table switch is pressed in. Power runs from mains to TABLE SWITCH from there to your router. So yes table switch does control the router. Recommend play around with it first, with no bit in it, get familiar with it.
With switch cover down & router running for emergency stop you just hit the flap, switches off straight away. The screws that hold router to table are poor quality, don't last long., suggest be ready to get replacements.
Fence is inaccurate, I used piece of MDF lined it up with a square on table, checking from both sides. Was far better than plastic fence supplied.
I was puzzled by the switch question, so your not alone on this. Took me a while to get my head round it. When I did it was fine.
Good luck with it.

Best regards,

Roger.

Hi Roger,
Thanks for your reply, I will give it a try. I find that most fences are too flimsy like the one on my table saw, so had to make my own. There are plenty of options on youtube.
Regards,
Lefty

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives