Yamaha EF2400IS

Yamaha EF2400IS

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yamaha Motor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

michael
michaelWestern Australia

Rubbish...I've had two...both with the same problem!

Purchased in January 2012 for $2,000.00.

Rodney B.
Rodney B.Sydney, NSW

Great until it needs fixing.

Have had this unit for about 8 years with very little run time during that period. Due to corrosion I found I needed a new carburettor. Quoted 2 prices $600 and $800 Australian. The unit is only worth $2100 brand new. A Honda carburettor is $60. You do the math.

Purchased in January 2012 at Not sure for $2,400.00.

Other Generators

Helen B.
Helen B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

perfect back up generator for home.

purchased this generator as a back for home we often loose power in our area it can run the ducted heating & fridge at the same time easily, can run our 2400w electric kettle hair dryer toaster oven coffee machine washing machine dryer etc but not all at the same time have hooked up to a switched power board so just turn off one appliance & turn on what u need also very easy to service.

Purchased in July 2017 for $1,600.00.

Generators

Find out how Yamaha EF2400IS compares to other Generators

Sorro01
Sorro01South East Queensland, QLD

Off Grid Saviour

Purchased in September 2015 for $1,899.00.

Kelly
KellySydney, NSW

Great product

Awesome product. Very reliable and easy to use. Good size to transport on site or around the farm. Much better quality than the Chinese imports. It’s also a very quiet machine which is great

Purchased in April 2019 at Pickles Auctions for $600.00.

Not happy

Have had for 7 years and use as little as 70 hours a year. Have had to pay to replace ecu at just over 5 years old and 2 years later the unit smoked and now requires further repairs. Always serviced correctly since new.

Purchased in October 2012 at Generator Store for $2,000.00.

Rob BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent generator

I tested my caravan AC (older Ibis) on both Honda and Yamaha 2 generators. No go. Bought a cheapy 4.4kw - what a mistake, it would not power anything over 1600w. Bought the Yamaha iS 2400 and have not looked back. Runs AC, washing machine (300w) and battery charger (240w) at the same time. No Eco switch needed - it's in full time Eco as the oversized engine (171cc) has enough grunt to power up under full load. a bit heavy at 32kg, but that's not surprising with the large, easy-working engine. Starts easy, and I like the fuel gauge, so I can refill when it suits me.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hydo
HydoGoulburn Valley, VIC

Starts first time every time.

I bought my generator back in December from Totals tools and I have set it up on a fridge slide in the ute canopy. We are basically full time travellers and I have been using this genny in conjunction with the gas cooking to boil the kettle, cook toast and use the frying pan. In the 3 months we have owned it we have not had any issues with it. The main reason we bought it was to run the aircon which we haven't had to yet but we won't have a problem as it runs all the other appliances with ease. A bit heavy but on the fridge slide I don't have to man handle it. Runs super quiet as well.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Other Generators

The perfect Builders tool.

I have just finished a 650 sqm 2 storey home to lock up stage using only the Yamaha 2400 as my power supply. Permanent power is now connected and the money saved installing temp power almost paid for the inverter. Simply brilliant and a must have tool for remote building.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Perfect caravan genny!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Rob
RobAU

Very quiet and plenty of power

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Rocko Wallaby
Rocko WallabyGold Coast

Excellent product, easy to start, and ultra reliable

I bought this genny tossing up between the Honda 2kw.
Was used to power the aircon in my caravan. But, unlike some competitors, I could run the Microwave AND aircon simultaneously!

It starts easily, runs a hell of a long time on a tank of fuel, and would be perfect for caravans where you have the room, especially larger vans

It's only fault is size and weight. It's big, heavy, and cumbersome. I could slog it around myself, but it's really a 2 person lift, and not something you'd want to toss around a camp sight without need.

Otherwise, if you were looking for a home backup genny, or one fixed into a larger van, it was bulletproof.
Quality Yamaha engineering, would gladly recommend to anyone.

EF2400IS - Great Geni

This generator is great. Quiet and efficient and starts real easerly. We bought this unit after researcing and comparing against the 20i Honda. i found that overall the Yamaha came out on top. If there was one thing i think the Honda had on this unit, it would be the ease of moving it.
Very low noise. Ease of operation.
Hard to move one out.

pat
pat

hi be carefull the unit is earthed mine just died as a result of a fusion of the windings ( possible overload maybe lightening related. parts are very expensive

Richie Lasked

Does turning the EF2400is upside down to drain fuel and retrieve an item accidentally dropped into fuel tank do any permanent damage ?
It has fresh fuel , oil and new spark plug but won't run . Has started but stops after a few seconds.

Jaydon
Jaydon

Did you find out? I just dropped something small in the tank and cant get it out and am hesitating to turn it upside down.

Richie L

Never heard from any1 until now .
Probably over 12 months since I posted it .
I gave up on mine for now as we moved house cupla times .
I spoke to a lawn mowers mechanic, said it would just be oil blocking carby , he reckons all he does to 4 strokes is carry cleaner until they run .
How small is the thing you dropped in ?

Ian W.
Ian W.asked

My Stator has gone on my EF2400IS. I need to buy the part but from what i can se they are way to expensive. Do i have to buy genuine?

Richard
Richard

Mine went as well Ian and I ended up buying a new generator (same one). mine was 8 years old so for $1900 I just started again with a new one. What is the price to repair yours with genuine parts?

Roz Tasked

Would this generator be a good back up generator to an off grid solar system? Can it be wired in for automatic start? Does it have an RCD?

Rob B

Roz, the Yamaha is2400 does not have electric start. It's a very reliable pull cord start. And it does not have an inbuilt RCD as far as I know. As a camping/caravan power unit, the RCD is inside the caravan. It would certainly make a good backup to a solar/battery off grid system. On a 48v system it could power a 40 amp 48v charger.

Thanks Rob
What about using it for charging batteries and using for powertools whilst building a house in a remote location? Will this sort of use damage the generator?

CategoryGenerators