Yamaha F150A

Yamaha F150A

See the Best Outboard Motors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Do not buy a Yamaha outboard!

Purchased a brand new f150 back in 2015. Almost immediately after buying the boat the trim motor stopped working. Took it into to a approved Yamaha service center and tried to have it fixed under warranty. Turns out they didn’t find the source of the problem because Less than six months later it goes bad again. This time I am in a rush to get on the water so I buy the part and install myself. When I get to the boat ramp two hours from my house I back the boat in to find the motor has blown again. A few months go by and I finally get time to take the boat in and Yamaha tells me the warranty ran out a month ago and they are not responsible for the 500 dollars in labor. Even with the documentation that I tried to fix under warranty multiple times Yamaha is sticking me with the fees again! Tried to call yamhaha about the issue myself, spoke with a guy named [name removed] on the phone who told me he would call me back that day. Almost two weeks go by and I don’t hear from [name removed]. I call back and speak to a guy named [name removed] who tells me sorry but [name removed] was switched to another case. At this point [name removed] tells me they will not cover the cost of this repair. He tells me the warranty ran out last month. The boat had been sitting in the service center parking lot for about a month at this point because the service center kept telling me they needed more time to look at it. He tells me the trim motor probably went bad from me pressing the trim button too long once the trim tab already up or down all the way. Something I would never do. Anyways, I guess I will bite the bullet and pay for this to be fixed so I can sell the boat and be done with Yamaha forever.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

nylon gears

My friend bought a brand new one of these engines and yes at around forty hours the nylon gear chewed up and his engine seized in the middle of nowhere. The guys at Yamaha morisset were great it was about six weeks and he was back on the water with a new power head .also the anode down near the propeller wears out at a rapid rate .these four stroke engines are not for me to much trouble to maintain to heavy , (terrible power to weight ratio) yes they are cheaper to run than the two strokes but they lack in power in comparison.

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Yamaha Will Not Stand Behind Their Warranties

Have new in line four 200 for a year. It threw a rod and I can not get Yamaha to honor the warranty. Worst customer support ever. Local Yamaha mechanics won't even look at it because they say Yamaha will never reimburse them for their work. So why is there even a warranty?

Nylon gear trouble

Was awesome until it sheared the nylon gears in head and clogged the oil galleries causing motor to sieze after 40hrs use. Is at shop now and don't know if it's a rebuild or new one. Hope yamaha's warranty doesnt take forever cause it feels like someone choppedy leg off with no boat. Not happy jan!

It stopped!

So you got one dud, Why go and put a bad review on the item! Slander when not needed!