86% · 61 · 14%

Beau CornerstonePERTH, WA68 posts

Works well on Portuguese millipedes too

We had nuisance ants and nuisance millipedes. I laid a trail down in front of the door for the ants and noticed the invading millipedes were dying almost on contact. I left the light on inside that night to attract the millipedes and left a trail of the powder along where they normally crawl though under the door. I woke up to millipede carnage the next day. Very useful to know as we live on a bush block and get a plague of millipedes for several weeks every year.  Show details
Mel P
Mel PGold Coast2 posts

Green ants gone!

Purchased this at Bunnings as a last ditch effort to get rid of green ant nests in the lawn. I had tried other cheaper products such as dusts and granuals but they never worked, so i was hesitant to spend $20 on another dust product...glad i took the chance because this stuff worked a treat! A puff of dust on every nest I found- and it didn’t need too much- and the nest was lifeless by the following day. I have also used it on tracks of soldier ants going into the brickwork of the house & the tracks were gone the next day also. Will purchase again.

Show reply

TJC
TJCMelbourne, Vic3 posts

Worked like a charm on European wasps

Had a wasp nest in a crack between bricks and was going to call the exterminators in. It would have cost a few hundred dollars. Bought a bottle of this stuff and put on all the protective clothing I could find. Had a good few minutes before the wasps got really angry. Re-applied 2 hours later and there hasn't been a single wasp fly in the crack in the wall since.

Used about 1/4 of the bottle. The bottle does say to use nearly half of it for a nest, but this was a bit unnecessary.

Tip: - Slice the top of the nozzle back slowly to expose the opening.

ljhgjydogo
ljhgjydogoVictoriaAustralia3 posts

Wasp Dust

This year has seen European wasps in plague proportions. Having tried all manner of old wives' tales to target the blighters I emptied half a canister into the first nest and within 24 hours activity was negligible. Repeated the dose and got the backyard back.

Allan
Allan

This works well on soldier ants

Had trouble with ants coming from neighbours shed at night. Tried many things but Bayers ant and wasp dust worked the best. A tiny spray on a rogue ant or two from over the lane worked wonders, too.

Paul Davidson
Paul DavidsonSydney Surrounds, NSW7 posts

Not sure! Couldnt get it to work!

paid 20 bucks for something I cant use, I cut the end of where the directions said to, but nothing comes out, no puffing whatsoever. It cant be that difficult can it? That said it probably works well, if the packaging was better. And believe me I havent done it wrong!
It probably does work
puffer pack doesnt actually work
Darren Mitchell
Darren Mitchell

Hi Paul I've used it and it was really good - maybe you were unlucky and got a faulty bottle - can you take it back and exchange it?

Sdave
Sdave31 posts

No Brainer

This thing works on wasps! 100%

Just follow the instructions carefully

Don't be impatient

Do it at night

Don't do anything to stir/annoy the wasps

Squirt quickly

Have a beer and sleep well very quiet, relieved and and peaceful in the morning

Reliable

Norman
Norman

Effects of wasp dust on water supply

Yates
Yates   DM

Hi Norman, Dangerous to fish.

DO NOT allow chemical containers or dust to get into drains, sewers, streams or ponds. Remove or cover fish tanks during treatment.
external link
Michelle
Yates Horticulturist

Abe I.

I live in an apartment and in my balcony there is a wasp nest, I would very much appreciated it if you could tell me which product I should use? I have see foam products and others normal spray products and I am not sure which one is more effective!
Thanking you in advance
Abraham Issa
0423 017 751

Yates
Yates   DM
Abe I.

Thank you so much Michael for your comprehensive response!

Samjoe
Samjoe

Can Bayer Advanced Garden Ant & Wasp Dust Puffer Pack be used inside a room inside a home?