1.1

0%7 · 100%

Evelyn R
Evelyn R14 posts

A waste of money

I bought this grater for approx $39 on sale. An expensive mistake. I wish I could return it as it does not grate cheese as I expected - continuously clogged making it very tedious to shred - buyer beware - do not buy this product!!! Show details
Zyliss
Zyliss   DM
Glenn E
Glenn EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC13 posts

Worked OK until it broke

Works ok. You get nice thin slices but the blade tends to tear the cheese off at the end of the stroke. You need to lift the device towards the end of the cheese block, and then rotate the cheese and take slices off the now higher end.

Ours broke after only a few months of use so the plastic isn't as strong as it should be.

Cheaper and easier to use a cheese knife.

Annoyed
AnnoyedBrisbane

Do not buy this

Doesn't slice cheese. Should be zero stars. Enough said. Took mine back to store for a refund as is 'not fit for purpose' as per my consumer rights. Surprised, given I have four other Zyliss tools that work very well.

Tyrekicker
Tyrekicker9 posts

Waste of money... not worth even 1 star

Waited til this product came on special as I thought what a great idea... Useless product... Used it on a 500g block of tasty cheese - twice to see if I was doing something wrong. Checked the 'net also for instructions as there were none... Not sure why it is called 'cheese slicer'. None of the pieces it produced were 'slices' & certainly not uniform. I couldn't get it to work on the narrower settings at all... 'Cheese chunker and uneven sliverer' might be a better name as I ended up with chunks of cheese breaking off the block and varying pieces of cheese. A plain old serrated knife is much more effective.

Jon Jermey
Jon JermeyBlaxland

Useless and expensive

As with the previous reviewer -- I bought this at a speciality shop for a premium price and got it home to find it was virtually useless. The supposedly adjustable width setting won't adjust, the blade is blunt and the cheese gets stuck in the edges and has to be scrubbed out with a brush. Avoid.

Jane
JaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Terrible product

After using many excellent Zyliss products, I bought the cheese slicer. As it is fairly expensive, it was really a treat for myself. Well, how wrong was I! This is the worst cheese slicer I have ever used, and I've now resorted back to my trusty knives when slicing cheese. The thickness dial is pretty much useless as when I've tried to slice cheese, the cheese ends up breaking anyway or comes out uneven.

Expensive, doesn't work, cheese breaks

Echus