Gold Coast

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Model: Single Camera (DR650S-1CH)

Very poor app

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

The app is not user friendly. Compared to much less expensive cameras this is not a good one. Camera quality is good, but if you need info from the app ie how to change passwords etc, forget about it. Mine is sitting in a draw, and I went and bought another cheaper one. much easier to use. Overall very disappointed in this camera.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Luko, Sorry to hear you have been having troubles with your BlackVue Dash Camera. As the leading dash camera brand in Australia we take pride in ensuring all our customers are able to use the ca... read more »

• 6 helpful votes

Avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I wouldn’t recommend this camera at all, it’s been nothing but trouble. The WiFi connection is hopeless, it only works if you sit in the car right next to the unit. So it’s pointless. It takes several attempts to login once you do get the WiFi connection, the unit keeps saying “wrong password” even though it is the right password that has been saved on my phone from the previous log in. Contacted BlackVue and was told to download the new firmware, which is a complicated process with little instruction. That changed nothing. Issue remains. The camera also interferes with my cars DAB radio making it pretty much impossible to listen to the radio at all because it keeps dropping out. I have put noise suppression choke ferrite core clips on the cables which didn’t help either. To watch a video back takes ages to download when watching on your phone, but does work well if you can be bothered removing the card to plug into your computer. I also got the power pack for constant recording. The motion detection is a load of rubbish, I have the settings on the lowest possible detection and it just constantly records. So in the garage at night with zero movement the camera just keeps making new files with nothing happening. It should only start recording and create a new file once some movement is detected. So if I did have an accident I’d have about a day to get the vision before it would be recorded over with files containing nothing. I would expect these issues from a cheap $100 camera but not from a expensive “top of the line” camera like this. Would definitely NOT recommend.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Brendon, Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your BlackVue dash cam. All the issues you have raised sound like they can be resolved: 1. The WiFi signal is designed to be short range to cons... read more »

Hi Brendon,
Just touching base to see if you have had any joy resolving the problems you were experiencing? Our support team haven't heard from you, feel free to get in touch if you would like any help.
James

Hey James, unfortunately I haven’t. Understand your point about WiFi range. Even when I’m connected to the wifi the camera keeps saying “WiFi hotspot unavailable”. I’ll try the phone settings res... read more »

Gladstone

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Model: Single Camera (DR650GW-1CH)

An excellent quality basic dash cam

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I have found that the quality of the video is 5-star during the day and 4-star at night - even the audio is good quality. It is quick and simple to set up, and is 12 Volt powered so there are not transformers to mount and / or possibly fail. It is a pretty basic unit - no screen / WiFi / bluetooth / GPS (optional extra) but the low price reflects this.

One thing I really love about it is the tiny size - it hides up behind my rear vision mirror and is almost invisible from inside unless you know where to look. Naturally, because of its small size, it does not have a screen - you have to remove the SD card to view the footage. This is a price I was prepared to pay for discreetness (although I believe the newer versions have WiFi to overcome this).

As others have mentioned, I sometimes get the 'Format SD Card' warning for what seems like no reason - if it happens, I unplug the power for that trip. On the next trip I will plug the power back in and the problem has generally gone away.

This dash cam is not all things to all people, but it certainly ticks boxes for a basic, front facing, excellent quality dash cam. If all you need is excellent quality video without all of the bells and whistles, at a good price, I would highly recommend it.

Purchased at: Autobarn

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Andrew, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, we're really glad to hear how happy you are. I will point out that he "Check SD Card" message normally means it has detected a bad sector... read more »

Surfers Paradise, Queensland

• 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Avoid this unit.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

The dash cam worked very well for a while then stopped working without any warning. Changing the SD card, rebooting, downloading and installing firmware are all complicated and time consuming. Theres a constant “invalid settings” warning. I’ll be looking to get my money back and get a more reliable dash cam.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Beachman, sorry to hear your camera has stopped working. Have you been able to contact the BlackVue Australia support team to see if we can help? We can facilitate with the correct firmware inst... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Expensive Popular Camera and Pretty Reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I bought this about 12 months ago when I picked up my new car got it installed a week later after picking up the car, the camera was all setup and functioning a few months later upgraded the SD card to the black box 128gb card. All working for about 8 months then the battery seem to be an issue because it was not holding the settings would of have to reset the camera once a month due to time and date was incorrect. I went back to the dealer to get it assessed been advised it just needed a firmware update. The camera was up to date prior, didn’t believe it and got in contact with Auto black box and they had for it replaced with a new one. I would of given it a lower rating but auto blackbox restored my faith in reliability of blackvue brand. I was at first upset as I bought the latest dash cam and a month later the newer edition came out and couldn’t return it.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Vincent, thank you for taking the time to review your camera and overall experience with our company. I'm sorry to hear you initially had issues however it's great to know our team was able to r... read more »

ALL THE SEARCHES SHOW THAT THE REAR CAMERA IS TERRIBLE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

I have a fleet of cars, and one Blackvue 650 2 ch, nothing but issues from day on, cable to rear renewed, rear camera stopped no power now, multiple issues with the upgrades, and cloud etc,
I think the rear camera is better than the front on video, but it never works, so thats in the bin.
No more Blackvue for me.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi annoyed, We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your DR650-2CH, we certainly can understand your frustration. I hope you've had a chance to email us at support@blackvue.com.au... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Not worth the money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

Purchased this unit 18 months ago. Had it fitted by an auto electrician complete with the power magic pro. This unit worked well for the first 6 months but then came daily issues, ranging from, loss of audio, no recordings, turning on and off at random times. Seriously every couple of weeks something would go wrong. I contacted blackvue support and with there assistance via email over a 6 month period, it was diagnosed as having a broken NAND memory??
Anyhow since it was outside the warranty period they were not prepared to fix it at there cost.
Not happy with the product, will be removing and throwing in the bin over the weekend.
Save your money.

Purchased at: Supercheap Auto

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Blue, Thank you for the review and your honesty. I'm not sure if you have been in contact with us, BlackVue Australia, but we definitely would have been able to help regarding your issues.... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 4 answers

Model: Dual Camera (DR650GW-2CH)

Customer Service from Autoblackbox WA (Aust Supplier)

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

In a previous review in regards to the BlackVue cameras, we had problems with reliability and problems with SD cards.
Tom from Auto BlackBox contacted me personally to discuss the problems.
After sending items back I was kept informed. I would note the DR650GW dual camera, 64gb card, tinted lens were the items sent.
Although the DR650GW was just over 2 years old the expectation from me is that I should get more than 2 years usage. The rear camera lens ended up being replaced, 64gb card (Blackvue) was also replaced (less than 12 months old which was a previous replacement) and the tinted lens cover which had started crazing was also replaced.
In a previous post, I also indicated cards should last more than 12 months due to the cost. Auto BlackBox also supplied a spare 32gb Blackvue card at no cost so thanks for that.
I would say the customer service was excellent from Tom and also Chaim.
As it stands we now disconnect all cameras at night or when the cars aren't being used when parked at home to help with the SD cards lasting longer.
We also carry a spare SD card in our cars (Driving School Cars) so if we have a "card issue" (card saying please check SD card) we can simply swap the card over to maintain the cameras operating whilst on driving lessons.
After using these cameras for a few years overall they work quite well but you do need to monitor your SD cards. By that, I mean regularly view the videos on a computer to ensure they are recording properly and the time zones don't change and there is no disruption to continuous recording. Broken recordings can mean you may need a new card. (Card formatting and checking firmware should be checked first)
Due to having dual cameras, the cards can rewrite quite quickly (when set at higher resolution) so a larger capacity card should be used especially if you leave your car in public car park. (Magic Pro required for operation when engine not running or parked for long period)
It's a shame they don't have a pivot so the camera can be turned to the sides when needed rather than fixed straight ahead or behind and maybe a "time-lapse" recording for parking as some other brands do.
At least it's good to see that the customer service is great and resolved our issues.
Well done to Autoblackboz in WA.
Geoff
Penrith Driving School

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Geoff, Thanks for taking the time to update your review and your recent experience with our company. While somethings are out of our control, we certainly pride ourselves in the way we offer cu... read more »

• 13 comments
  • 10 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: Dual Truck Camera (D650S-TR-IR-16)

Good, but not cheap

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

This is not actually what I wanted. I wanted one with a screen because I have a Bull motor body on the back and it would be good to be able to see what is directly behind me as I am driving.
Ultimately the rear camera was the clincher for getting this unit over any other, it was the only one in Australia at the time with an all weather rear camera. I also opted for the BlackVue SD card, they are expensive but I watched a Youtube reviewer who had issues with a non BlackVue SD card so I figured I would forego that pain and get one straight from the start. The stupid pricing on the SD card is what prompted me to give 4 stars, not 5.
There were a couple of issues in the first month or so, that ended up being caused by the SD card failing.
Claiming warranty was totaly painless though. Black box in Perth were a pleasure to deal with.
The front camera is unobtrusive and it has performed well since a firmware update in March.
I do like that it will record while parked too.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Sibron, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that you're were happy with your new dash cam and your after sales experience was up to standard. We understand that high end SD ... read more »

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I purchased the 650GW 2ch some time ago. I was fine for about 13 months then the SD card problem started. I tried various SD cards including the one from Blackvue. I kept getting the "Please check the SD card" message. I'd re format the card once a week and kept getting the error message. I disconnected the rear camera and the problem stopped. I payed for a 2ch dash cam but I've ended up with a 1 channel cam. Never again will i buy a Blackvue dash cam.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Micheal, Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with you dash camera system. Have you tried contacting our support team to get the issue resolved? We can't work out from your review if you ... read more »

BlackVue Official

Hi Micheal, just touching base to see if you have had a chance to contact our support team so we can help you out? If not, please reach out to us so we can help.
We look forward to hearing from you.
BlackVue Australia
08 9267 5167

• 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

How Service should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I am the owner of two BlackVue dashcams. Had an intermittent issue and cannot recommend the Australian distributor of these cameras highly enough. This is what SERVICE should be like! Both in quality of service, as well as going way beyond the proverbial mile to resolve the problem, but also in terms of response (next day delivery to Gold Coast from Perth!!!). Unheard of these days. The assistance given even beyond the warranty period and the friendly help deserves more than the 5 stars that I can give them. Especially as the issue was NOT the camera, but my own due to the proximity of the rear view mirror bracket! Much appreciated for all your help and friendly service, and thank you especially to Chaim of the support team at AutoBlackBox.com

Model: Dual Camera (DR650S-2CH)

motion sensor warnings are flooding in post firmware upgrade

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my dashcam.

Post the upgrade, the sensor warnings are flooding in despite the fact that I have put the impact sensor to 20. I have tried multiple numbers ranging from 20 to 100 and not seen a change. Surely I can't set it to too low so wonder what the ideal number.

Has anyone seen this issue?

regards,
JB

• 2 comments

Model: Dual Camera (DR650S-2CH)

Can’t trust this camera, I purchased it to safe guard any claims against me in an accident. It has f

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

How many words does it take to let you know that I feel very dissatisfied with the purchase of this unreliable dash cam, I thought I was buying the best but maybe a cheap one would have served better. It is obviously a bad unit as you have discontinued it that’s the best thing for it.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Eric, Sorry to read that your experience with BlackVue has not been a positive one, we certainly would like the opportunity to inspect your camera to find out what the cause of the issue is. As ... read more »

Hi Tom, firstly this review is for the DR650GW/2CH not the S. The camera is at Bkbox and has a fault that requires it to be returned to the factory, I have been made an offer of sorts but does not ... read more »

BlackVue Official

Hi Eric, apologies for the confusion, I noticed the review subheading was titled DR650S-2CH. I have spoken with the RMA team and they have agreed to replace your current GW with an S series, at no ... read more »

Private message

Model: Single Camera (DR650S-1CH)

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Good resolution and clear. Do not have overheating problem and connection are good. Wide angle. However, need to purchase it together with power magic so that things will be working very well.

Will strongly recommend this car camera to anyone who is looking for car camera, anywhere in the world

• 7 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: Dual Camera (DR650S-2CH)

Best dash cam and best customer care

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

I upgraded from the 650w to the 650S 2CH.
The cameras are fantastic. Prior to upgrade, the service and actual customer care from
Auto Blackbox was exceptional.
I strongly recommend anyone experiencing technical issues to contact them for solutions and guidance first. They know the product and will have the best option for you. They truely care about their customers. I can’t recommend them enough.

A little story about the first difference i noticed in the upgraded cameras.

I had an evening meeting to attend and I arrived early. I turned the ignition off and sat in my car going through emails for about 15 minutes. I went to the meeting and when it’s finished i get back into my car and turn the ignition on, the camera turns on as usual then i hear “an impact was detected in parking mode”

I drive home and start walking around my car checking for damage. I see none.
I jump in the car and look at the footage recorded whilst i was in the meeting. Nothing.
I check the event on the camera and there I see a woman walking past the front of my car carrying a hand bag. I think, she must have hit my car with her bag. I get out and check the front of my car again but can’t see any damage. I go back inside my car and check the footage again. I notice this woman is walking towards the same building i was in. Who is she? I take a closer look and it suddenly dawns on me... it’s me.
Because i turned the ignition off and sat in my the camera went into park mode.closing my door after this registered as an impact.
Love this camera!

Purchased at: Strathfield Car Radios

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Lidia, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Its great that you are using the parking mode feature to its full potential. Should you need any assistance in the future please get in touch... read more »

Perfect tools

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I have this due camera for more than 2 years, and it's still perfect. I have installed 64gb as card in it and I have no issues at all.
Highly recommended. Rear and front camera. It's has nice options and I can use it with clouds as well.
All good
Thanks.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi Online

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Adel,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Really glad to hear how happy you are with it :)
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Adelaide

Piece of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

Bought it 2 years ago for my new 4x4, really good quality and pay what you get for.
Tucks well behind the rear view mirror.
Only problem with it, it’s slow for download a video and SD card is too low at 16gb (2hrs usage before it rewrite over), Would love to have a 64 or 128gb.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi John, Great to hear your are enjoying your BlackVue dash cam. The quickest way to save files form the SD card is through the BlackVue PC player which is available for download from the BlackVue... read more »

• 5 comments

Model: Dual Camera (DR650S-2CH)

The most irritating distracting unintelligible voice ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Four days after installation I emailed Blackvue about the helium assisted voice they now have on the dashcam. Their response was - just turn it off!! I have paid a substantial amount for this system and find the voice SO irritating and additionally almost incomprehensible when the car is running. As it is installed just behind the rearview mirror having the announcement is my indication that the system is working.
I have an older model that just plugs into the lighter socket and the voice is clear and van be understood.
I have just had it checked and the 'fix' was to turn up the volume so I can hear helium girl slightly louder. Was informed that they are all like that.
The camera etc is probably ok but the distraction level when you are driving is unacceptable.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hello CazR, thanks for letting us know about this particular issue. Have you contacted BlackVue Australia, or BlackVue overseas? If your new unit has a faulty speaker we can arrange a replacement ... read more »

I did contact BlackVue Australia and that was where I was given the suggestion to turn the volume off. I have had the installer check it and replaced it with another one- just the same. Will try and message you later today.

BlackVue Official

Hi CazR, I'm not sure about the team member that may have said that but I assure you our first priority is always to offer a replacement to the customer. While we will do all we can - I am not part... read more »

Won't power up after upgrade to v1.008

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Installed with Power Magic Pro. Worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to v1.008. It started continually powered on and off by itself when I was driving for a whole day, and it didn't power up at all the next day. Does the firmware v1.008 has a big issue? Because I saw your website released a newer firmware v1.009 immediately. But as I can't power up the unit I can't upgrade it to the latest version. Very disappointed as I just used it for two weeks.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Cherle, as the Australian representative for BlackVue we would like to do all we can to help you out, and we really hope we get the opportunity to do so. While we are not aware of the firmware f... read more »

BlackVue Official

Hi Cherie, Just touching base to see if you had managed to get your camera working? Please feel free to email me at support@autoblackbox.com.au if you are still experiencing issues with your camera... read more »

I got this resolved by reinstalling the camera and power magic pro and I installed the latest firmware by copying the files to the sd card. Now it works fine. Hope this could help people who have similar problem.

Best Dashcan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

After doing a lot of research I bought this dashcam about 18months ago (and talked my 2 sons into buying one) prior to driving to central Australia. Recorded and downloaded the whole driving as i also bought additional 128gb sd cards.. Went back this year and whilst in Alice Springs it kept rebooting. As i was taking it out of cradle dashcam fell onto centre console and stopped working. Would like to get it repaired or if too expensive happy to buy updated version where i can still use the same rear camera. Just need to know if there is any repair centre in Melbourne that can give me a quote for repairs. Thanks Pete M

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Pete, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We will be able to advise the best solution once we have inspected your camera. You are welcome to send the camera via one of our authorised d... read more »

1 of 8 pages

Dual Camera (DR650GW-2CH)

My blackvue keeps on asking to check my SD card why?

CLEGGY asked on Oct 11, 2018

Hi Cleggy,
This notification means that there is an issue with the SD card.
Generally the SD card will need to be formatted to resolve the issue, BlackVue recommend to do this ever couple of weeks or so for best performance.
If the SD card is more than 12 months old, it may have reached the end of its serviceable life and need to be replaced. As with all SD cards they have a finite number of write cycles, BlackVue dash cams run through these quite quickly compared with other technology due to running times and high quality video recordings so it is important to use the correct type of card in your camera. If you continue to hear the "check SD card" message after formatting the SD card, the card may need to be replaced. All BlackVue retailers can facilitate in supplying the correct type of SD card.
Please find the instructions on how to format the SD card below:
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.
Auto BlackBox
08 6267 5167

Single Camera (DR650S-1CH)

I I just got my 650s swap, the old stopped working. I connect the camera's wifi and it is connected to iPhone X, but Blackvue APP v 2.79. comes with a popup. Not connected to blackVue Wi-Fi Please connect BlackVue Wi-FI and try again. NO / YES. press NO and nothing happens, press yes and i will be sent in blackvue iphone settings where i can change siri and mobile data settings. During WI-FI, iPhone is still connected to the camera. Help.

Rexen asked on Oct 04, 2018

Answer this

Apparently there’s different software for different countries so take it back to where you bought it from. Also, only special micro SD cards work properly. Best to take it to the dealer and let them sort it as you’ll spend hours getting nowhere. Cheers.

Hi Rexen, this is a compatibility issue with the new iOS released a few days ago. BlackVue are currently working to resolve the issue and will release an app update soon. In the mean time, the android app has had no issues reported and the PC player is also working correctly. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.
Auto BlackBox
08 6267 5167

Single Camera (DR650S-1CH)

My car has the BlackVue DR650S 1CH fitted with Magic power Pro, recently there is an issue that after it worked for the day and parked overnight, it wont work after starting the car next day, there is no GPS nor Wifi lights on which means no power through, I have to unplug the wire connection and plug on again to reboot the Cam, then it works for the day and parking at night, but again the cam doesn't turn on itself when starting the car next day. I understand the magic pro may have stopped the power because of low battery level but shouldn't it will reinstate the power once I key start the car the next day? Please advise if there is a reason for the issue and what can I do to get it right. Thanks a lot! Raymond

Raymond asked on Aug 26, 2018

Hi Raymond,
I would check how old the car battery is and all the wiring to the car and the camera. One other thing would be to check the timing of the how long you want the camera on parking mode on. It may vary from car to car, if you have done all of that I would contact support from Blackvue Australia for advice

I wish I could help but my BlackVue has failed and I returned it to where I bought it.

My car Porsche Macan S is less than 8 months old, the Power Magic Pro setting is 24 hours and 12.5 volts, I am pretty sure that the wiring is correct as such issues only happened previously. Now I have to manually activate the cam by unplug and plug on the cam after key starting my car, then it works for the day and overnight parking, just it wont work the next day after key starting. Raymond

See all 204 questions about BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Dual Camera (DR650S-2CH) Single Camera (DR650S-1CH) Dual Truck Camera (D650S-TR-IR-16) Dual Camera (DR650GW-2CH) ** Single Camera (DR650GW-1CH) **
Price (RRP) $549 $399 $549 $549 $399
Resolution 1080p (Full HD) 1080p (Full HD)
Replaced By Dual Camera (DR650S-2CH) Single Camera (DR650S-1CH)

** Replaced by another product
The main difference between these models is number of cameras