Generations:
Filter By:

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Date Purchased: Apr 2014

Rubbish

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Drives well and that’s it’s only good point. If you don’t continually fill it with oil it will run out between services. Had a catastrophic engine failure at 30k whilst at the dealership being serviced. I have never had to put oil in my Bt50 between services. Buy something else.

melbourne

• 5 answers
Private message

Generation: RC (2008-2011) Badge: DX Body: Single Cab Chassis Date Purchased: Feb 2014

428 000 klm;s

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

2008 RC Colorado 4x4 turbo diesel tray.After 20 odd years being in the car trade.This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.428000 klm;s,i service it myself(not a mechanic)every 10000 klm;s,only issue lately,egr replaced,i am the 2nd owner,Never had the clutch replaced,do a lot of city klm;s ,do a lot of offroad,,still going strong .Looking forward to the next 428000,GREAT CAR..Glad I didn't buy a hilux...unbreakable..pfffft…..lol....,honestly Motor has never been rebuilt,its as good as the day it was made.a big thanks to CASTROL MAGNATEC-15W40. AND HOLDEN...HICKY

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Awesome driving experience, handles very nice, no noise and a very smooth ride. Plenty of room and leg space, very reliable, and very economical to run, i love this car just want one to sit beside my ss. Best 4x4 i have ever driven i like the interior being leather.

• 13 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LS Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Better cars out there

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I've had my Colorado for 18 months now. Never been off road. I just needed a replacement car with a big boot and they don't make them any more. So I bought a ute. Firstly do not buy one of these, thinking it comes with gps, or you can call or text by voice. I have an android and use android auto. The best day of my life was when I bought a stand alone GPS, installed it and deleted android auto. It simply doesn't work. Buy a car that has a proper GPS installed. Don't get sucked in to Android Auto or apple cat play. You will regret it. It Has a severe rattle in the exhaust they can't (won't) fix. Ride is like a truck, which I don't mind. It's a bit agricultural and basic. If you ever need help from Holden 'customer care', good luck. I think the only person who works there is the cleaner. They don't return calls. You're on your own. Overall, it's not a bad car. I like driving it, but it's the little things that Holden could have gotten right that spoil the experience. And remember, don't fall for the android and apple crap!

Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Don' buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

My Colorado has never been on a dirt road, 4 wheel drive used once to for 5 metres it now has a rattle in the passenger side door a vibration and rattle across the dash when going over bumps which on Aussie roads is a lot. It does not have the technology as other vehicles the same era, no sat nav. It has 40,000 on the clock. I can't wait to trade it in after seeing these reviews, next time a Toyota. Low beam is like driving with candles in front, especially on country roads when the car in front goes out of sight + lots of other annoying deficits

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: May 2014

Paint coming off!! Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

My 2014 Colorado has about 13,000 kms on it. It has spent its life either garaged or in a covered spot. It has been washed and polished regularly, and had never been off-road, near salt water, or in the presence of anything corrosive. The vehicle is immaculate inside and out, and driven only occasionally. Recently, I noticed to my horror, that the paint on the roof (and only the roof) is disintegrating. I took it to my Holden dealer in Perth, and they told me that there is nothing that can be done as the vehicle is one year out of warranty. I contacted Holden Customer Care and got the same abrupt response. I took it to a paint and panel shop to get a quote on repainting it. The owner was astounded that Holden would not stand behind its product. I have owned nine Holden products, including three Colorados. I also have a new SV6 'Black' edition in my driveway. This will be the last Holden product I ever buy. No wonder Holden is losing customers. They just don't seem to care about their regulars, and won't stand behind their products. Ford Ranger - here I come!

Melbourne

Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: DX Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Better utes out there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Worked as a Plant Engineer on a WA Mine Site, and unfortunately had to drive one of these. Poor handling off road, gutless engine and auto unresponsive. It was plagued with electrical gremlins, and it's sister ute was also sidelined most of the time. We also had a couple of Rangers and 95% Hilux's. If it's for work off road and in extreme conditions, stay clear.

Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LT Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Turbo gone at 88,000 Kms, Bad Struts/Lift installment

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Disappointed my beloved Colorado has shat its turbo at 88,000 KMS. Also the drivers side front wheel had been screeching and making a clank over bumps(small/big) turned out was an improperly installed lift which was the $2500 dollar cause of one side! Now the other side is making the same noise! Ontop of that the turbo that started screaming at me last night (the most scariest sound of my life) could not go faster than 20kms without it screaming, got it towed and theyve said thats going to be another 2500 ball park... Bought this car $62,000 with all extras only to come to this at under 100,000kms. DONT DO IT! Get a BT50 or Ranger, ive loved my Holdens since my VL days but this is the final straw..NEVER going back to Holden as I'm sure they'll fight tooth and nail to make this non warranty covered... WHYYY :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LT Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Awesome vehicle

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I would like to share some positive feedback about my 2014 RG 2.8 6speed manual Colorado, I have owned this since new done 180000km with no serious issues, I have just replaced drive belt bearings and tensioner as the bearings were worn cost $500 which is expected as I really do push its limits it's a work and play car so I carry heavy loads daily and camp on most weekends, I have also had to take it to Holden once as my emissions light came on they updated the system and I was on my way. I have had it dyno tested whilst I had a HPD oil catch can fitted 4 months ago the results read 147kw the diesel specialist was impressed with the performance. I will say the suspension isn't the best like most stock dual cabs so recommend an upgrade. Before purchasing this vehicle I done endless research and was disappointed to find so much bad reviews on all the dual cab 4x4's except the land cruiser which was out of my price range, over all I found Colorado both RC &RG models and Izuzu to have the least seriouse problem reviews. I done research outside the internet as I realised anyone could be writing these reviews including the competition, I spoke to owners of vehicles friends that worked in car yards and as a result I bought a Colorado due to the extras included and the power difference m, it also has great storage throughout compared to the Izuzu. I can't say much about the Holden dealership as I personally think all dealerships are a lot like lawyers u only want to deal with them if u have to and u know they're gonna rip u off m lie to you. Please don't base your decision on internet reviews alone I highly recommend end the Holden Colorado. I'll also add I have been on some tough track and soft sand and it powered through no problem in some cases outdoing my friends who also own dual cab 4x4's

Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LX Body: Crew Cab Chassis Date Purchased: Feb 2014

not happy!!!!!!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

have a 2013 holden colorado had it since brand new (2014) its now 2018 i have been to many dealers with fuel problems,noises from seats,smell coming into the cab. so i drove from the dealership to home (69km) on my way i noticed my fuel average 12.7L/100km so i rang up the dealer and complained,they said it was fuel filters and to bring it back in and they would change them. still no difference!!!! the smell was a leaking pipe that holden knew about and the seat well they were waiting for a fix from holden.Drove from qld to wa to live and on our way across i noticed the fuel gauge had starting going from full to empty then back to full then sat half way . took the ute to a dealer for them to fix under warrenty and also mentioned about fuel consumption.they so called fixed the problem and for my lovely wife to drive 10km out of the dealership and run out of fuel due to a snapped fuel pipe that had happened when they were fault finding the gauge problem as for the fuel consumption was told this could be a factor of tyres that are on the ute (came with the tyres from the first dealership)what i am using the 4x4 for which is only a town car as i get a work ute.cut a long story short, fuel consumption still 12.3-15L?100km sitting on 110km/hr and 10.6-11.8L/100km driving around town. we got our hands on a computer and ran tests came back that the fuel pressure is down 2000 psi(4100 and its meant to be 6100). rang holden and yep you guessed it its out of warranty and there is no way they will come to the party.....so now im left with a bill of fixing the ute .

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LS Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Uncomfortable & Gutless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2018

Need to vent my opinion on this Ute: Yes there are things that I like & it has some handy features inside.

But otherwise, I have been given the Ute from hell. In my previous job I had been given a Ford Ranger, and couldn’t flaw it. It was comfortable, very well equipped, very well finished & made inside! And it had lumbar support in the seat!

In my new job I have been given the latest Colorado, the car is very uncomfortable to ride in (I do 8000kms a month). It jumps all over the road when I drive on dirt, and I don’t feel comfortable going around corners at the same speed as the ranger. I constantly come home from work with bad back pain (never experienced this with the ranger). The Ute is underpowered, and it defiantly doesn’t live up to its “tow” rating.

Anyone else having back issues with there Colorado doing long kms?

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Merrimac

Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LS Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Great vehicle and great price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

Purchased a brand new Holden Colorado and was verry happy with the service at the dealership, freindly and well educated on the vehicle. The vehicle has taken me to all sorts of places and i know i can rely on it. So happy i can drive wherever i want and know i will not have any problems. Very happy.

Langwarrin

• 1 answer
Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Love my colly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

We purchased our Colorado as a tow vehicle and to be able to get away camping. The car is comfortable and is pleasant to drive. Tows our caravan extremely well both on the bitumen and the gravel. Like the hill start assist as well as the graded braking. The audio system it very good and easy to navigate the controls. Fuel usage is good at around 8-9 L/ 100KM unladen to around 14L / 100KM toing the van and the tray loaded.

Private message

Generation: RC (2008-2011) Badge: LX Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Holden Colorado 2011 4x4 Diesel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

I LOVE my car. I have never had any issues with it. Definitely has a bit of up and go about it. Quite cheap to run! Would never go back to a petrol now. Most reliable car I have ever owned. Tows everything fine - most importantly - the boat.

Private message

Generation: RC (2008-2011) Badge: LT Body: Single Cab Chassis Date Purchased: Jun 2012

Towed my 2.5 ton van for 50,000 is no problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Excessive wind noise. Rough ride. 1st gear is too high near burnt the clutch out at the lights. Still good though. Don't understand people with clutch problems.16 lts per 100 ks towing the van, dingy on roof and plenty of stuff in the back.Use Flashlube fuel additive and change the oil and filter every 5000ks. No problems. Use air bags brilliant.

pt macquarie

• 6 answers
Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Oil consumption

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

This is an update on my ongoing problem just had another service and they still want to do another test after 49000ks.This is what I have discovered,now according to their manual the engine has a 5.7litre oil capacity,myfirst time I topped up my oil I put approximatly 1.7ltrs before 22000ks so they changed the dipstick and put a 40 grade oil now the reason why they changed the dipstick is because they put 7ltrs of oil instead of 5.7 to make sure that you don't run out of oil and when you go back for the consumption check it will always be inspeck because they overfill by 250approx so on your first check it will be on the correct level the second check will be only250ml the 3rd approximatly 750ml which brings you to one ltr over 9000ks now they will put 1ltr in which will raise the viscosity up slightly and by the time you get to the 15000ksit will take about 500ml which they say is within specifications now if you were to just to drive the car for the full 15000ks without topping up I guarantee you will be using nearly a litre or more extra there are people who have had their engine visibility changed because they are driving with a loaded car which puts extra load on the engine so now I have come to the conclusion that whatever I or anyone does is in vain because of their deception you have no chance of warranty to prove my point go and check out the new LDV it has the same engine with dipstick in a different position and the engine has a 7ltr oil capacity.I will never buy or deal with Holden again.

Mackay

• 2 answers
Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Windows and fpf fault

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Gaday i have a my18 ltz have the same issues with the windows wont go back up went dealer and there is a recall on them mine wasnt in system as one but booked in to have them fixed. The dpf problem is when service is due soon comes on it won't do an auto burn mine had a engine light come on went into limp mode. Pulled over disconnected battery engine light went out dpf burn immediately came on. Dearler says there is a recall for dpf upgrade. Other than that it is excellent on fuel seats ar okay should have went with leather not enough storage. Big problem have two kids seats in back had to jack and tools out of storage under the seats put in tray cant two kids seats out of csr every time u need jack?.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LS Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Holden Colorado 4x4 duel cab LS diesel

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Great driving experience good performance
Nice interior great radio link to phone. Seats comfortable good leg room.
Very reliable and much cheaper than petrol. Cheap to run. Half tank 7 hour trip.
Lovely smooth drive. It feels like a car not a Ute. Will be great when we purchase
Caravan to travel. Lots of storage space.

Pacific pines

• 4 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: RG.II (2013-2018) Badge: LTZ Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Holden colorado my2014 ltz storm

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Overall fuel consumption excellent freeway drive awsome 4wd awsome .Tuff looking rig only issue is ool consumption seems to use oil have had back to dealer to be check they say ot is normal will be taking back to dealer as have done 5000kms sonce check and has used oil again

Private message

Generation: RC (2008-2011) Badge: LT Body: Crew Cab Pickup Date Purchased: Sep 2010

Would buy another tomorrow

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I have had this vehicle from new in 2010. I love it but there was an issue with the timing chain stretching. At 40k kms a noise started in the engine that proved to be the timing chain to be stretched. Holden found away to replace it by carefully pulling it out and getting the new one in without major work. This was done under warranty. The noise came back at 115k kms and proved to be the same issue again. Holden again replaced it but not under warranty because that had expired. They did reduce the cost and I was charged $550. Holden suggested changing engine oil grade to 5w-30 (I use Valvoline MST). The vehicle has now done 228k kms and hasn't missed a beat since. The original shock absorbers were soft from new but when replaced with Munroe gas shocks it transformed the handling to be 100 times better than new! Pitty it doesn't have side airbags and the cup holders in the vehicle are useless otherwise a pretty good ute.

1 of 13 pages