Review rating:

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Doreen

• 15 helpful votes

Model: 6 Star Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Thermann Gas Continuous Flow Hot Water.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

I had this unit installed to replace the useless Chromagen Solar Hot water system. The Thermann unit I had installed by Diamond Valley Plumbing is the 26L 6 star unit which is preset at 60deg. The water heats very quickly and is continuous without any disruption. The unit comes with a 12 year warranty for peace of mind also. Leaves the old Chromegan system for dead and no stupid oversize storage tank taking up space.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Pt Augusta

• 2 helpful votes

Thermann Gas Continuous Flow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

I have no complaints and my gas bill has gone down by half since I had it. I did have the same issue of the hot water cutting out which is caused by the water saving shower head. I fixed it by drilling a slightly bigger hole in the re-stricter washer located in the shower head. The reason I bought a Thermann is because the Housing Trust are installing them in there houses in my area. If you only have one shower then get the 16L, any bigger and you are just wasting more gas to heat the same amount of water.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

This is a waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

Water temperature does not stay consistent temperature, can not have a Luke warm shower on the hot night without it going cold, water pressure for a normal has to strong terrible gas hot water system. It is extremely good on gas too bad you can't say the same about the show

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Thermann hot water system gas continuous flow 6 star

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2015

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

5 Star

Wnat temperature is the hot water set at?

Don asked on Aug 08, 2017

Answer this

I think it is set around 60. When installed, the plumber went back and forth between the unit and the hot water tap furthest away until he was happy with the temperature, so it could even be higher. It does feel geat when using it though.

5 Star

Is there a warranty with thermann 26 is it twelve months?

jim asked on Dec 05, 2016

5 Star

I have the same problem shower goes cold for about three minutes every time. I certainly will not be recommending a Thermann 26 to anyone at all. Has anyone found out how to stop shower going cold half way through it yet please let me know if you have? thanks Jim

jim asked on Dec 05, 2016

Answer this

Hi Jim l am a Fully Licenced Plumber and recently installed a Therman 26 at my own house and from day one have the same problem you are having. I have tried everything possible to rectify this myself and are waiting on Reece to contact me after Christmas, I am very disappointed in this unit and at the moment will not install any more until l can get it sorted. I will let you know how l go. Cheers Paul.

Probably the shower heads water saving device that's causing the problem

Did you know that instantaneous hot water systems (HWS's) require a certain amount of water to pass through per second to stay active? For example if you turn your hot water tap on really lightly you will notice it doesn't stay hot. So low water pressure is the issue causing your problem. That said, low water pressure can come from 1 of 3 things:
1) you have low water pressure to your property (the least likely in suburban Australia)
2) you have a water saving shower head that doesn't allow enough water through even on full pressure (most likely, just remove the flow restrictors in it, sometimes 2 inside)
or
3) You have installed the HWS without a controller, and therefore have to use a tap to mix hot and cold water to get the correct temperature. Thus using less pressure from the HWS and substituting some or maybe even half of the pressure with mains water. In this case you will need to have a controller installed so you can run the hot water on max with no cold water mix.

Good luck!

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details