Tefal realised the adoption of new-to-the-market products was slow as customers expected to see social proof before making a purchase. Often brands relied on early adopters to purchase and leave feedback organically, which meant that initial reviews were the most difficult to collect.
As a result, Tefal saw a potential opportunity to differentiate itself earlier in the product life cycle for its new iron; the Tefal TurboPro FV5648.
By partnering with ProductReview, Tefal was put in touch with the ProductReview community and was able to tap into these high quality reviewers to test and leave comprehensive reviews for this new product.
In tandem with the Ambassador Program; Tefal also sponsored and advertised on ProductReview to cement the release of the new Tefal TurboPro FV5648 in the eyes of actively researching buyers. (You can learn more about our advertising options ).
- 15/03/2018 - Tefal TurboPro FV5648 listing was created on ProductReview.com.au.
- 26/03/2018 - Tefal TurboPro FV5648 were shipped to users to test and review.
- 31/03/2018 - First review is published on the TurboPro FV5648 listing.
- 02/04/2018 - (Approximately) TurboPro FV5648 listing is indexed by Google and begins appearing on Google organic searches.
- 01/04/2018 to 30/04/2018 - Receives 1,266 page views in the first month of being listed.
- 13/05/2018 - First organic review is published on the listing (from a customer).
Steam Generators are typically high investment purchases, with prices ranging from $99 to $999. Due to the vast price differences, consumers often look to reviews when determining whether or not to invest in a more expensive steam generator or a relatively cheaper product.
Philips realised this and wanted to establish the superiority of its new Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus to potential consumers. However, convincing customers to adopt a new product without reviews often stalled immediate sales.
By joining ProductReview’s Ambassador Program, Philips was able to send its new steam generators to ProductReview users to review. These users tested Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus and provided in-depth feedback on both the positive aspects and drawbacks of this new product.
The Ambassador Program not only provided Philips with review content and a rating for its new steam generator, but also provided additional insight and product feedback for future product improvements.
- 08/02/2018 - Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus was created on ProductReview.com.au.
- 12/03/2018 - Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus received it’s first published review from an Ambassador.
- 01/05/2018 to 30/05/2018 - Receives 442 page views in the first month after all 10 Ambassador Reviews are submitted.
- 02/09/2018 - First organic review is published on the listing from a customer.