2011 Polygon Helios 400

See the Best Road Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great bike at budget price

Looks great, good quality components and overall good value for money, 350km on it so far and no issues. Definately worth a look and a great ride at a budget price. Also thanks to Bicycles Online, their help and communication throughout the sale and delivery is also worthy of a mention.
Inexpensive

You don't have to sacrifice quality in pursuit of a bargain.

I have had my Helios for a few weeks now and have had a chance to put it through its paces. At the moment it seems to be keeping up with me.

The components speak for themselves. I am not sure that there are many options in the market which offer such quality groupset, wheels and other components at such a competitive price.

The vast majority of my rides are 50-100km and over that distance the Helios 400 is a very comfortable bike. A carbon seat post might improve that further but given it's an alloy frame the difference would be slight. It sits well on the climbs and handles nicely on quick descents.

The only faults I have noticed so far are minor squeaks and tired gear shifts which are pretty standard fare on new bikes. They should be picked up in the 6 week service.

It doesn't perhaps have the more modern shaped top and down tubes and forks that some of its rivals (Trek and Giant in particular) have begun to adopt. This may need to be addressed if they are going to establish the brand as a major player because let's face it, we cyclists want our steeds to look good. That said the bike I have is the 2011 model. I have seen some of the 2012 bikes and Polygon already seem to be refining their designs. All this said I think my bike looks good.

It's great to see a new name in the market and overall I am very pleased with my purchase. I saw it as a bit of a punt on a new brand because the price suited my budget. Now swiftly approaching 1000kms I think the punt has paid off.

You can't ignore how reasonably priced the Helios 400 is but even forgetting the price - this is a great bike.

Thanks chaps at Bicycles Online - first class service from you.
Reasonably priced. Good quality kit.
Carbon seat post might be the icing on the cake.

Great price for an Awesome Bike!

I was looking for a road bike with good components, able to keep up with me and to withstand the kind of training I usually do whenever I cycle.

Luckily I found the Polygon Helios 400 while browsing for online bike shops.

At a first glance, I liked the components, gears, wheel set and carbon fork, and so I went to the shop to take a look at the bike and to try to see if the components quality matched the frame quality.
The frame appeared to be really well built, with good welding spots, no crazy "i'm different from everybody else" designs and just craving to be ridden.

Looking back, I could have not had make a better choice as this bike keeps on giving and always pushing me to go harder on her.
Frame wise, Super Stiff frame for those crazy sprints and comfy enough to take you on a +100k training session.

Also, when I got the bike, the guys at Bicycle Online made sure the bike would FIT ME instead of me fitting the bike. This really pays off several kilometres later.
Excellent customer service. Great price!

This bike was recommended to me from one of the admin staff. it's a great bike. Handles really well. I had forgotten how hard cycling is from not having done anything in that area for 15 years. It will take me a little while to get bike fit again but I bought so that I don't have to upgrade later. I'm sure that by doing regular riding my BP and type 2 diabetes will get under control. Thanks again for your assistance with the purchase and questions I had. I already been for 2 rides and the bike is a pleasure to ride.