Leitner Step Through

Leitner Step Through

It’s just perfect

I received my 24in step through yesterday & I love it, the quality is exceptional.
I found it reasonably easy to assemble, I had a few hiccups but that wasn’t a Leitner problem.
It’s a stunning looking bike, extremely comfortable to ride & I just love the fact that I have nothing else to spend as it comes with lights, rear rack etc.
I don’t drive so this bike is going to be my main transport & even now has exceeded all my expectations.
I am so glad I found Leitner electric Bikes.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fully recommended. I love my Milan Cruiser

I purchased my Milan Cruiser approximately 5 weeks ago and have ridden it to work most days. On arrival we found the front disc rotor was bent so contacted Tim at Leitner and he sent a replacement that day. That is excellent after sales service which isn’t so common these days. The bike is one of my best purchases yet! It was easy to assemble , looks great and the ride is smooth and comfortable. I would recommend Leitner bikes to anyone . I really like the step through feature which would suit any aged person but especially those who are less able to get their leg over a bike with a bar. The brakes are excellent, comfy seat, a good loud bell, smooth brakes, excellent price . I purchased the smaller battery which is easily enough for me and also easy to remove as the seat lifts . I really can’t fault the bike or the service from Tim .

Purchased in January 2019 at Leitner Online store.

Having a wonderful time!

I just love my new Venice Cruiser as it allows me to really enjoy the ride. I live on top of a hill and now I just press + to three bars and up I go. My husband is now ordering one so he can keep up with me on our rides. We are recently retired and our electric bikes are part of our new lifestyle.
The Venice Cruiser bike is so much fun. I am really glad I made the decision to buy one.

Purchased in January 2019 at Leitner Online store.

Good handling of a difficult situation

I recently ordered a Leitner Venice however, through no fault of Leitner, the bike arrived severely damaged.

They arranged to have the damaged bike picked up and to send me a new replacement bike, there were a few other issues with the courier company but the sales person at leitner really did her best to make the situation as fast and easy as possible

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Makes riding fun again

I bought a Milan step through for my wife to try first, having rented ebikes a couple of times. So impressed that we now have one each.
Easy to put together and great fun to ride. We're off!!!
In fact, just finished riding around 20klm together including a long hill home.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Excellent bike, great price and just a joy to you ride in strong head winds

I just wanted to say how delighted I am with my new Leitner ebike.

The setup was easy enough and it rides magnificently.

The bike was ready to ride in about ½ and hour. The tyres were pumped up already and the battery was fully charged.

I am delighted with this new ebike.

The build quality exceeded expectations and riding it is just a joy.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting a new ebike.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

what a bike

So well engineered and designed,great for my wife who has artificial knee
Can really recommend it
Easy to assemble with clear instructions and securely packaged for delivery
I liked the fact it had front and back lights as well as a carrier
It is also quite light for an e bike
Really good value

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Ten thumbs up!

Wow. I had no idea how much I’d like this bike. I ordered the Venice Cruiser on a Sunday and was riding it around my northern NSW town on Wednesday. Easy to assemble, excellent instructions, amazing fit and finish, quality parts, great paint job. Still no rattles or squeaks after several hundred kilometres over country roads and bumpy tracks, including a spectacular encounter with a poorly marked speed bump. Random strangers remark on what a nice bike it is and are genuinely surprised when they notice that it also has a motor. Leitner have been fantastic with their after-sales service, sending me a free replacement for a small part I had lost. If you’re on the fence I’d recommend ordering a Leitner right now, just be prepared to keep finding excuses to pop down the shops, ride into town, visit that friend etc - you’ll be using it a lot more than you ever expected.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

The Best Birthday Present to Me from Myself!

After falling in love with electric bikes in NZ, I knew I had to have one and after shopping around locally I searched the Internet to compare value for money and I couldn’t go past the Leitner. Putting it together was easy enough for someone as inexperienced as me and my first ride was exhilarating. I absolutely love my red Venice Cruiser and with a basket on the back I went with a friend on a 26 km ride this week and enjoyed a BBQ by the beach. Go on treat yourself, you will never regret it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Thrilled with new addition to the Family!!

I have recently purchased a Leitner Venice cruiser, after a recommendation from my Physiotherapist, that I take up cycling to help with the recovery of my hip replacement. Reasonably easy to assemble, but a delight to use - once you get the hang of the combination of power and gears. A pleasure against the wind, up the hills, and a great feeling of the wind in your face. I thought that my wife my like to try it - she now wants to take mine over, so I have purchased a similar one for me. She likes the red colour - she says it goes faster (think Ferrari). Highly recommended.
Customer service was very efficient, delivery was on time - no complaints at all. Thank you Leitner.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Venice Step Through

Very happy with our purchase of our Venice Step Through elec bike. Customer service excellent. Had a problem with the original battery but was replaced when found to be faulty. Very prompt service when originally bought as well as future enquiries. This is my wife's bike and she told me that it was the best present she's ever had. Can't fault Leitner at all.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Best Fun Ever - Leitner Milar Cruiser 24inch

Just took my e-bike out for an 18km spin up hill and down - picture 60 year old chubby female giggling going up a hill that would not have been attempted on the old push bike if it had been taken out of moth balls. Pedal assist let me pedal as much or as little as I wanted - I did huff and puff a bit but only because I want to get fit not because I had to. The controls were simple, worked well and the bike zipped along beautifully on road and on bike paths. Using the "throttle only" made a hill start easy.
I made a few enquiries of Leitner before I decided to buy from them - email replies were fast with good detail and customer service via phone was very helpful. I ordered on line, the bike arrived on time and was well packed. I have no bike mechanic skills but put it together on my own with bit of "U-Tube" assist to give some visiual info to supplement the detailed manual provided. Took about 2 hours and then I fiddled with adjusting seat, handle bar heights etc for another hour.
It took me a year to decide to buy - I wasted a year .... I love it ... I recommend it .. Go for it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

No short car trips

I am really enjoying the bike. I was worried it might have gone the way of my ab-roller or rowing machine but I am confident it will remain in use for a long time. I no longer fire up the car to go down to the shops to pick up some milk. I am riding it everywhere locally and enjoying doing so. I have discovered a lot of bike paths near me which run alongside the railway lines and avoid all the traffic stops. It was easy to put together and it seems very good quality. I have not yet done the modification which allows it to travel 25km without pedal assist. I thought I would do this but there is really no need because that kicks in anyway with minimum pedalling if you turn up the amount of assist. One of the places I have ridden to is Cottesloe Beach (5km from my house) and its up and down hills all the way. The assist mode makes this so easy. Can't say enough good things about having this bike.
I am very impressed and would also like to thank Leitner for chasing up the delivery. The company they used had the bike in Perth within 5 days but took over 2 weeks from that point to actually deliver to my inner-city address. I would recommend arranging your own courier delivery rather than using e-go or Hunter. Anyway, Leitner kept on their backs and followed up with me.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I like these ebikes!

My wife and I travelled to Noosa and rode rented ebikes there for the first time. The fun was enough to hook us both. Since then we've bought two Leitner ebikes and delight in riding them. If you're retired and want to stay active, ebikes are the way to go. You'll ride more often. You'll go further. And you'll have fun doing it. We love to ride to a pizza place and strap a pizza to a luggage rack, then find a vacant picnic table beside the Yarra River. I could tell about more rides, but that would fill up the page. Just get one. Don't wait.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

This is Perfect. I could not do without it

Brilliant bike. It does what it says on the tin. It has never let me down apart from a flat tyre but that is to be expected from any bike. Extremely easy to ride and take the hills like a dream. I could not do without it. It has the best of both worlds, exercise when you want to or let the bike do the work. It's great.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

I should have bought this a lot sooner

Very satisfied with the bike. Build quality is excellent,a very sturdy bike. It is a pleasure to ride and now allows me to venture further afield without getting tired. The whole process from ordering to delivery was simple and trouble free. I contacted Leitner on another matter and they were quick to respond with an answer

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Watch out for replacement battery costs (updated)

Update on the below.

Leitner has reached out to help resolve the battery issue although it was already out of warranty. I have updated the review to give them 5 star for the excellent customer service.

----------

My battery died twice and unfortunately the second time it was out of warranty for a few months (because we didn’t charge it when not in used... really?)

Replacement costs for a new battery is $500. Wow! Yes $500.

That’s exactly half of the price of a new bike. So I guess I will have to throw the bike away or use it without the battery. Or fork out half a grand and it might die again anytime. :)

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Five stars all round

Leitner understand good customer service and make an excellent product!
A quick phone call to check on a detail and my bike was dispatched within 24hrs. The online assembly manual is the best I have seen anywhere for anything, kudos! I was able to assemble the bike unassisted with one hand in plaster with the tools provided.
The bike is solid and a pleasure to ride. Maintenance instructions are clear and and simple, no special tools or skills required. A follow up email question was answered promptly and courteously, customer service is taken seriously and greatly appreciated.

Just what we needed.

Our Tirol and Libelle arrived safely,before expected. Both bikrs assembled without fuss.. Pre delivery settings were perfect and required no additional adjustments.
Riding these bikes is a joy to behold.
Anyone contemplating buying the Leitner product can do so without reservation.
We found the pre sale service helpful and courteous.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Made me feel like a kid again.

From the day we put the bikes together I haven't been of it. I am 71 years old and a bit overweight the pedal assist is really great. The disk brakes are terrific. I am going places on the bike that I thought would be to hard at my age. The bikes have given our lives a whole new dimension. If your are getting old and think that there is not much to look forward to, think again. There's plenty of life left.