Leitner Straight Bar

Leitner Straight Bar

Fabulous bike, don’t know why I waited so long.

I purchased my bike about a month ago (step through) and my husband was so impressed he ordered a Berlin Cruiser. Mine took 4 days to arrive whilst hubby’s took 5 days. Easy to assemble and fabulous to ride. Have had 2 minor faults, the front light didn’t work one my bike so we contacted the company and we had a new one within 3 days. Then my husbands bike had an issue with the stand. Once again we contacted the company and we had a new one within 2 days and we live in Perth. The service backup is extraordinary and we are extremely impressed to know they stand behind their product. These bikes are very well made, strong and reliable. We won’t go past Leitner for any future bikes. We get asked about the bikes a lot so I’m sure we have sent business their way.

Purchased .

Very impressed.

Very happy with my Berlin Cruiser. It is a quality bike and makes hill climbs a breeze. After 4 months an obscure technical problem, developed. I phoned the company and spoke to Tim who couldn't have been more helpful. He was understanding, easy to talk to and straight onto the problem. A replacement part was dispatched by express post immediately. Full marks Leitner.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Berlin Cruiser.

Had my Leitner Berlin cruiser just over a week now,and it is amazing,easy to assemble the few parts requiring assembly,dont procrastinate get one now, chances are you will receive you bike in two or three days as I did.I am having so much fun on my bike,my arthritic hips are feeling the benefit after only a week,I will be 82 in April it has given me a new lease of life.Thank you Leitner.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Berlin Cruiser

Berlin Cruiser Bike is my second electric bike, first one is a Nishiru folding, City Pro. First ride of Berlin, straight away, I felt the comfort and smoothness. Just don't know how long it will last. But I do know that it is worth recommending to friends and workmates.

I work on my own push bikes so I just hope I get the necessary back-up on parts should I need them.

Well done for a minimally priced bike.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Cruiser - Great Value

Received my e-bike about 3 weeks ago after conducting 6 months of extensive research. I was convinced based on the reviews and chatting to a Leitner owner. I'm very happy with the bike- only had 2 decent rides so far though. I fell for the old trick of stripping the thread on the right pedal (my fault)- I will need to buy a replacement crank before I can ride again. I'm really looking forward to broadening my range on the Mornington Peninsular trails.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Outstanding

The well made and exellently Designed Berlin Cruiser has an upright seating position along with the wide seat is very comfortable on long rides. Everything down to and including the drink bottle is of the highest quality. This bike has opened up a new and healhy lifestyle. I would highly recommend this bIke to people of all ages.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

excellent value great bike

After 6 months of shopping around looking for a peddle assist bike I settled for the Leitner Berlin Cruiser.
I can now Highly recommend bikes by Leitner, prompt service and delivery. The bike is far better than I was expecting easy to ride and enjoyable. Look forward to travelling on many of the Bicycle paths around Melbourne

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Leitner Berlin Cruiser electric bike

I recently purchased a Leitner Berlin Cruiser and couldn't be happier. I previously had a Leitner step-through bike on loan and using this bike convinced me that Leitner's competitive pricing and after sales service made my choice a no-brainer. Partial assembly was required but the instructions were extremely well written and comprehensive resulting in the assembly being completed in 1 1/4 hours. After a few rides, I thought that the range on the upgraded battery was not as promised but following correspondence from Leitner and after easing off the brakes the range has improved. On my last 37km ride the battery was charged in 2 1/2 hours. Given that the full charge takes 5 hours, this means that I potentially have a range of 74km - pretty close to Leitner's 80 km under optimum conditions. I am VERY HAPPY with the product and Leitner's prompt responses to my e-mails

Leitner E Bike

I recently just purchased the Venice cruiser and the Cross X bike from Leitner. This is mine and my wife's first ever electric bicycle. Can I just say after looking at afew different e bikes, the Leitner CrossX and Venice cruiser ticked al I'll the boxes for us. We put a child seat on the back for our daughter and we were off.

Tim from Leitner has also been amazing in helping us set up our bikes and answering all of my questions. So thank you Tim.

The bikes are so easy to ride, the pedal assist makies biking a breeze. Honestly I have not even broken a sweat yet lol. I would highly recommend Leitner to anyone.

Colin

Good balanced bike

I purchased two Leitner bikes - a Berlin (26 inch wheel) and a Tirol (folding 20 inch wheel).

I believe that the motor is unchanged for both models - it hasn't been recalibrated for different sized wheels. As a result, it provides less torque (ie. assistance) on the Berlin with the bigger wheels. The choice of gearing for the Berlin is quite balanced for a commuter bike - it's not often I need a shorter or lower gear.

As a result, the Berlin rides like an assisted normal bike - you will usually need to pedal the bike.

The Berlin is more adjustable and will fit a broader range of body sizes than the folding versions.

Leitner sent me a complimentary replacement part to fix the plate on which the centre stand is affixed when it broke, albeit after some email correspondence.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Considering I ordered it in remote NSW the delivery was prompt. A child with a plastic tool kit coul

I ordered the bike on the internet from remote NSW. It was delivered in 4 days. It was so easy to assemble ( there were a couple of washers missing and one bolt) a child with a plastic tool set could do it in 30 minuets. Maybe you could put a few extra bolts and washers in the tool bag. Highly recommend this product, robust and effective.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Simply a really good e bike

Bike received today, exactly on time. Having read the manual the assembly was very straightforward. Quality of the parts was very good as well

My first E-bike, I hadn't even ridden one before this, far more power than I expected it flattened the hills around here

Can Recommend this E-bike

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Leitner Straight Bar Electric Bike

Excellent investment l must say, and the PAC on hills is the best when l see others struggle, This would have to be my first electric bike l have ever own and no doubt the best , have not use the gear change as yet and is still set on 6 gear no need to when it does all the work.

Well done to the Team in Melbourne

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best bike I have ever had.

So easy to put together.
It gets me to work and home without taking all my energy, 15kms each way even the head winds don't bother me now. I am loving it so much that I bike everywhere I go even on my days off. It's such a dream machine. Well never go back to just pedal power. It is heavier than a push bike but this is only a problem in top gear setting off from the lights, so just drop a few gears before you stop.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellence at a Bargain Price!

Performance, price and precision, what more can you expect? The Leitner Berlins (2) I purchased have performed perfectly. When supplied, they were very well packed to sustain the rough an tumble of shipping, and supplied with clear and detailed full colour instructions to ensure correct assembly of the bikes.
Once assembled, and with the battery pack installed, we were off! What a dream to ride! Once the tyres were pressured to the recommended pressures and the handle bars and saddle were adjusted for each individual rider, the bikes were just perfect to ride, yes I mean it! I have ridden a number of 'high end' ebikes, and none have been as comfortable, maneuverable nor felt as safe as the Berlin.

It is not just me, everyone who has ridden one of the bikes has expressed how impressed they are with it. Get one and you won't regret it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

.berlin cruiser Head turner

My Bike arrived and within 1 hour I had it together.. my first ride was realy good I think the speed is just perfect iam 62 yrs old so I don't need to peddel to much so the twist throttle and sit back and just steer will do me ,,people turn back and look so its a bike that looks good...Everyone that sees it like what they see..thank you leinter bikes very good ..Highly recommend your bikes

This could be life changing.

Loving the new toy! 25 years ago I would regularly ride 40km, twice a week. Two years ago, I could not get twice around the block! Today, on this little toy... 2 * 8km trips without any real effort. Looking forward to making a run into Wonthaggi some day soon ( 60+km return trip). The bike arrived as described, with minimal assembly required. It only took me 2 cups of coffee to complete. Once I got to my friend's place, 4km from home, I had to re-tighten the handle bar stem, and again when I got home. I found, to get it really tight, I needed to add an extension handle on Allen key to get it properly tightened. In saying this... I often have troubles with tap handles and need assistance opening jam jars. I think I have sold a similar bike to a mate today....never know LOL. I was very surprised at the way this little machine got me up a couple of rises on the coastal walk here. looking forward to trying it on a real hill soon. I don't think it will let me down. I looked at several more expensive e-bikes before buying the Leitner Berlin and think that, value for money, this has got to be a winner. Of course, one needs to consider longevity ( far too early to say ) but I am confident, with proper care, this 'toy' will prove to be aa survivor. Given that I have both physical and mental health problems, giving me the opportunity to get out of the house, could be life changing. Thanks

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Freedom to ride

Leitner staff have been most helpful during the ordering and delivery processes. The product more than meets my expectations; and all that for less than half the price of other comparable ebikes. I am 70 years of age with arthritic knees - one has been replaced - and it is great to be back in the saddle with prospects of the greater fitness and health that will come in time. Thank you to the Leitner team.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best investment I have made in a long time

After weeks of research on adding a motor to my bike I come across e bikes I was very unsure of the reliability but sounded much cleaner safer & cheaper than using petrol I decided to go for the berlin cruiser and have never looked back this bike is the best investment I have made in a long time it is a dream to ride so comfortable and smooth I would recommend this bike with a 5 star rating
Mike
Perth W.A

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Five stars!!!

Love this bike, I'm 128kg and this thing takes me anywhere. I love it.
I've adjusted the seat and handlebars many times and everything works perfect, I would definitely recommend this bike for someone that wants to get to work easily or someone that is a bit older.
They have some.good.bargains on gumtree.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Hi there, i’m Very interested in your ebikes. My question is about servicing. If there is a problem don’t the track where can you take it to get repaired or serviced, as I know you don’t have a shop front as such & only sell your bikes online? Thanks in advance. Regards Bob Fraser [email address removed]
Found the person I spoke to (Tim) via phone very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Subsequent emails were answered promptly. A replacement part arrived via express post the next morning. The fault that occured with mine was not one they had encountered before and is obviously not the norm. I am very happy with the bike.

Hi, Does Berlin model have puncture resistant tyres and can I inflate the wheels in a fuel station? Thanks, Ram
Standard car tyre valves, so yes you can inflate at a service station. Puncture resistant? - I don't know, but I put puncture sealant fluid in mine to guard against a puncture.The tyres are not puncture proof- but you can get them. Good idea putting sealant inside or buying puncture proof tyres.Hi Ram, the tyres are sturdy however not puncture proof. As mentioned above you can use third party products like sealant fluid, strips or even purchase puncture resistant tyres. Regarding inflating wheels at fuel stations: it is recommended to only inflate tyres with a dedicated bicycle tyre pump available for purchase at your local store. Air pressure pumps at fuel stations are primarily designed for cars and can damage bicycle tubes.

One review said he had to peddle all the time while using your e-bikie is this true?
I've only had my Leitner for a few weeks and still experimenting. I bought it to expand my range, not take the easy way out. I've not tried really to ride on power without pedalling. It does slow down when you stop pedalling- I see no point in doi9ng this as range will drop substantially. You just need to keep pedal in support or vice versa. philHi thanks for your question. If you want to use the Pedal Assist function (which is where the motor engages to help you pedal) then yes you need to keep pedalling. You can have the assist set on High, Medium, Low or Off and you can go as fast as you can cycle. There is also the option to just use the throttle (no pedalling required), which comes speed-limited to 6km/h but can be unlocked to reach 25km/h for offroad use. The more you rely on the motor and the less effort you put in pedalling, then the faster the stored battery energy will deplete and so in turn your maximum range will reduce. The road bikes have the option of upgraded batteries for an additional $250 at the time of purchase that offer some 60% greater range Thanks Tim@Leitner ebikesThe above explanation from Leitner is spot on. Saturday past I went for a 40 klm bike ride without any assist for the first 20 klms then on my return trip I was faced with a head wind and used the power all the way home. Just make pedaling a breeze in head wind. I use the assist when the going get tough. Great bike well worth the money. ps no commercial interest from me in the Leitner Company.

Similar listings