Leitner Straight Bar

See the Best Electric Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Bike and Great Price

I own 2 mountain electric bikes and this is my first cruiser style electric bike and I could not be happier, it allows you to adjust the bike to rider which gives you the a felling of comfort when riding. It was easy to assemble. The quality of bike for the price in my opinion would be hard to match. Great bike and service from Leitner.

Purchased in July 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,425.00.

My best decision

I actively shopped all ebike vendors while saving to buy my first. Many were just too pricey or were the wrong style.
Found the right bike @ Leitnerdirect, and am so glad! Bought the Berlin, and am having a blast cruising all over!
I consider this a great investment, and would recommend to anyone who wants an ebike!

August 20th 2019 Update: Fun ride but decreasing battery power

I am using my bike to commute 8.5 miles to and from work on mostly flat terrain. Less than a month, 400 miles so far. The battery has been recharged nightly, as recommended, and I am already just limping home. Was assured battery wouldn't develop "memory" , but that is happening.

Purchased in July 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,149.00.

Performance on hills is not acceptable. Flat riding is good.

It took me months of research and questioning, telephone calls, emails to finally decide on an Ebike purchase.
Hopefully my review may save you some money or help you to think twice about how you go about sourcing your ebike.
I read all of the 5 star reviews for the Leitner ebike products on Product Review. There are close to over 250, 5 star reviews. I said to myself, 'How can a company have so many 5 star reviews ? ' This amount of positive 5 star reviews certainly helped me choose this brand.
The 14 day money back was also a plus, UNTIL I had to return my purchase. More on that later.
The reviews covered everything from service through to performance, delivery, quality build and value. It seemed so good, so perfect that every single question I had in my mind, was covered in at least one of the reviews.
I guess I found out the expensive way not to always rely on 5 star reviews. Especially when you have to pay so much for freight and then just hope everything you receive is what you expect or you have read about to expect.
For a 250w Leitner ebike, my advice is that if you live in a hilly area, don't buy one of these bikes as they just don't assist very well at all on hills.
Also, if there is any chance you have to return the ebike : BE AWARE : The overall cost to you will be upwards of $200+. In my case it was over $250. Be aware, you will not be able to have the bike returned for the same courier fee that you paid to have it sent to you. I used the same company Leitner uses and the same 'job' cost me nearly double the fee to return the exact same package.
You will also 'possibly' be charged a fee if Leitner finds any scratches on the bike. I was charged $50 for 2 small scratches that may have already been there or were done by myself. Hard to judge as you don't expect to be repacking a bike. Anyway just be aware you may not get a full product refund.
So my tip to anyone : If you can't test ride the bike DON'T buy online unless you are prepared to pay out a lot of money for nothing IF the product does not meet your expectations.
The company itself, was friendly, helpful and understanding. It is just a shame the distribution system costs the user so much when a product doesn't live up to the hype.

Purchased in July 2019 at Leitner Online store.

Hi Greg, thank you for purchasing a Leitner Electric Bike and I’m glad to hear that all the great reviews here helped you to make the decision, that you were happy with our customer service and that you liked the bike on the flat. I’m sorry to hear that the bike didn’t meet your expectations up hills. The large majority of our customers are happy with the performance also in hilly areas, that’s why the many excellent reviews, however we do understand that the bike can’t meet everyone’s expectations – that’s why we offer a 14 day money back guarantee so that the bike can be returned for a refund. I’m glad to hear that you made use of our return policy and I can see that the refund has been issued to you in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience and effort in working through your return with our Leitner team. The refund amount was the purchase amount minus the shipping cost and the cost for damage on the returned bike as per our change of mind returns policy. Generally shipping costs to metro areas are cheaper compared to shipping costs to rural areas and I understand that it can be frustrating to pay more for shipping for change of mind returns in rural areas. The cost of return shipping can be higher than the original shipping cost since the return is from a residential address. We are shipping out of a courier depot in order to provide the lowest possible outgoing shipping costs. Customers can choose to organise their own courier for return shipping or seek assistance from our customer service team. In some cases, we may be able to help and reduce return shipping costs. We are sorry that we do not have an ambassador near you for a test ride before your purchase. We are an online retailer, that’s why we can offer the bikes at prices which are much lower compared to brick and mortar retailers and are grateful to have a number of volunteer ambassadors around Australia to assist our potential buyers with test rides. Our list of ambassadors can be found on our website at https://www.leitner.com.au/shops/ Thank you for your understanding and for your feedback. We hope you will find an ebike that suits you and all the best! If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au. Thank you! Kind Regards, The Leitner teamFor all readers, very polished reply from leitner. The main point, once you take away all the padding, is that buying a bike on-line could end up costing you a good few hundred dollars. Remember I am only in wollongong and the shipping cost is only a marginal increase from a sydney delivery. Also, I did try quite a few courier options to get the bike returned, but in the end, again, it will cost you nearly double that of the price you pay for the initial shipping from lietner. As I originally advised. Be aware and also be buyer savy.

GREAT BIKE / GREAT PRICE

I purchased a Leitner Berlin Cruiser recently and had it assembled and set up in a short time with minimal reference to the instructions ! I am 72 years old and have owned a bike/s since l was 7 years old and been doing most of my own maintenance and repairs since then ! I for many years now have been doing all my own maintenance and repairs ! I Decided on an E bike as I have extensive arthritis and at times found riding my normal bike caused my joints quite a lot of pain ! Riding the Leitner E bike l have very little pain mostly and some times virtually none !
I chose a Leitner E bike after a lot of looking at reviews of different makes !
I am extremely impressed with the quality and finish of the bike !
In my opinion it's equal to considerably more expensive E bikes !
Leitner have the best reviews of any E bike !
Peter V.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,175.00.

USA Client

After reviewing many different E-bikes via internet I had decided on an American supplier but not American made. Somehow I received an ad about Lietner. Looking at their product I was very impressed with the features and the price
( $500 US )less than the bike I was ready to buy with similar features. The bike arrived in a timely manner and in good condition. I had a couple of small issues with assembly ( my lack of knowledges) and they were handled in a quick and professional manner.
As a 78 yr old that has not ridden a bike in many years, it was a real joy to get (back in the saddle again). This is a first rate company with a quality product at a reasonable price. I do not reviews as a rule but Lietner is worth it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fabulous bike, don’t know why I waited so long.

I purchased my bike about a month ago (step through) and my husband was so impressed he ordered a Berlin Cruiser. Mine took 4 days to arrive whilst hubby’s took 5 days. Easy to assemble and fabulous to ride. Have had 2 minor faults, the front light didn’t work one my bike so we contacted the company and we had a new one within 3 days. Then my husbands bike had an issue with the stand. Once again we contacted the company and we had a new one within 2 days and we live in Perth. The service backup is extraordinary and we are extremely impressed to know they stand behind their product. These bikes are very well made, strong and reliable. We won’t go past Leitner for any future bikes. We get asked about the bikes a lot so I’m sure we have sent business their way.

Purchased in January 2019.

Very impressed.

Very happy with my Berlin Cruiser. It is a quality bike and makes hill climbs a breeze. After 4 months an obscure technical problem, developed. I phoned the company and spoke to Tim who couldn't have been more helpful. He was understanding, easy to talk to and straight onto the problem. A replacement part was dispatched by express post immediately. Full marks Leitner.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Berlin Cruiser.

Had my Leitner Berlin cruiser just over a week now,and it is amazing,easy to assemble the few parts requiring assembly,dont procrastinate get one now, chances are you will receive you bike in two or three days as I did.I am having so much fun on my bike,my arthritic hips are feeling the benefit after only a week,I will be 82 in April it has given me a new lease of life.Thank you Leitner.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Berlin Cruiser

Berlin Cruiser Bike is my second electric bike, first one is a Nishiru folding, City Pro. First ride of Berlin, straight away, I felt the comfort and smoothness. Just don't know how long it will last. But I do know that it is worth recommending to friends and workmates.

I work on my own push bikes so I just hope I get the necessary back-up on parts should I need them.

Well done for a minimally priced bike.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Cruiser - Great Value

Received my e-bike about 3 weeks ago after conducting 6 months of extensive research. I was convinced based on the reviews and chatting to a Leitner owner. I'm very happy with the bike- only had 2 decent rides so far though. I fell for the old trick of stripping the thread on the right pedal (my fault)- I will need to buy a replacement crank before I can ride again. I'm really looking forward to broadening my range on the Mornington Peninsular trails.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Outstanding

The well made and exellently Designed Berlin Cruiser has an upright seating position along with the wide seat is very comfortable on long rides. Everything down to and including the drink bottle is of the highest quality. This bike has opened up a new and healhy lifestyle. I would highly recommend this bIke to people of all ages.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

excellent value great bike

After 6 months of shopping around looking for a peddle assist bike I settled for the Leitner Berlin Cruiser.
I can now Highly recommend bikes by Leitner, prompt service and delivery. The bike is far better than I was expecting easy to ride and enjoyable. Look forward to travelling on many of the Bicycle paths around Melbourne

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Leitner Berlin Cruiser electric bike

I recently purchased a Leitner Berlin Cruiser and couldn't be happier. I previously had a Leitner step-through bike on loan and using this bike convinced me that Leitner's competitive pricing and after sales service made my choice a no-brainer. Partial assembly was required but the instructions were extremely well written and comprehensive resulting in the assembly being completed in 1 1/4 hours. After a few rides, I thought that the range on the upgraded battery was not as promised but following correspondence from Leitner and after easing off the brakes the range has improved. On my last 37km ride the battery was charged in 2 1/2 hours. Given that the full charge takes 5 hours, this means that I potentially have a range of 74km - pretty close to Leitner's 80 km under optimum conditions. I am VERY HAPPY with the product and Leitner's prompt responses to my e-mails

Leitner E Bike

I recently just purchased the Venice cruiser and the Cross X bike from Leitner. This is mine and my wife's first ever electric bicycle. Can I just say after looking at afew different e bikes, the Leitner CrossX and Venice cruiser ticked al I'll the boxes for us. We put a child seat on the back for our daughter and we were off.

Tim from Leitner has also been amazing in helping us set up our bikes and answering all of my questions. So thank you Tim.

The bikes are so easy to ride, the pedal assist makies biking a breeze. Honestly I have not even broken a sweat yet lol. I would highly recommend Leitner to anyone.

Colin

Good balanced bike

I purchased two Leitner bikes - a Berlin (26 inch wheel) and a Tirol (folding 20 inch wheel).

I believe that the motor is unchanged for both models - it hasn't been recalibrated for different sized wheels. As a result, it provides less torque (ie. assistance) on the Berlin with the bigger wheels. The choice of gearing for the Berlin is quite balanced for a commuter bike - it's not often I need a shorter or lower gear.

As a result, the Berlin rides like an assisted normal bike - you will usually need to pedal the bike.

The Berlin is more adjustable and will fit a broader range of body sizes than the folding versions.

Leitner sent me a complimentary replacement part to fix the plate on which the centre stand is affixed when it broke, albeit after some email correspondence.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Considering I ordered it in remote NSW the delivery was prompt. A child with a plastic tool kit coul

I ordered the bike on the internet from remote NSW. It was delivered in 4 days. It was so easy to assemble ( there were a couple of washers missing and one bolt) a child with a plastic tool set could do it in 30 minuets. Maybe you could put a few extra bolts and washers in the tool bag. Highly recommend this product, robust and effective.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Simply a really good e bike

Bike received today, exactly on time. Having read the manual the assembly was very straightforward. Quality of the parts was very good as well

My first E-bike, I hadn't even ridden one before this, far more power than I expected it flattened the hills around here

Can Recommend this E-bike

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Leitner Straight Bar Electric Bike

Excellent investment l must say, and the PAC on hills is the best when l see others struggle, This would have to be my first electric bike l have ever own and no doubt the best , have not use the gear change as yet and is still set on 6 gear no need to when it does all the work.

Well done to the Team in Melbourne

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best bike I have ever had.

So easy to put together.
It gets me to work and home without taking all my energy, 15kms each way even the head winds don't bother me now. I am loving it so much that I bike everywhere I go even on my days off. It's such a dream machine. Well never go back to just pedal power. It is heavier than a push bike but this is only a problem in top gear setting off from the lights, so just drop a few gears before you stop.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellence at a Bargain Price!

Performance, price and precision, what more can you expect? The Leitner Berlins (2) I purchased have performed perfectly. When supplied, they were very well packed to sustain the rough an tumble of shipping, and supplied with clear and detailed full colour instructions to ensure correct assembly of the bikes.
Once assembled, and with the battery pack installed, we were off! What a dream to ride! Once the tyres were pressured to the recommended pressures and the handle bars and saddle were adjusted for each individual rider, the bikes were just perfect to ride, yes I mean it! I have ridden a number of 'high end' ebikes, and none have been as comfortable, maneuverable nor felt as safe as the Berlin.

It is not just me, everyone who has ridden one of the bikes has expressed how impressed they are with it. Get one and you won't regret it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017