Trike Bike Three Wheel Adult Tricycle

Trike Bike Three Wheel Adult Tricycle

See the Best Road Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Trike-Bike

Pros

• Solid build

• Ergonomic design

• Climbs hills with ease

Cons

• Difficult to understand assembly instructions

tassietony
tassietonyHobart, TAS

Great once it is assembled and the bugs ironed out

In his post, Mike from Perth says everything I was going to! I politely emailed Trike Bike about their inadequate home made instructions/videos but received NO response. The trike is great but took quite a while to do despite me being a competent, mechanically minded DIY person. Ikea style instructions would be a god send!

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor Quality

Poor Quality
Black Satin finish Trike Bike
Parts some damage. Bike doesn't sit square leans to one side
When brake leaver fully applied doesn't stop bike. Brakes not functioning properly
Poor quality tyres and tubes.
When the bikes arrived took them to a reputable bike shop for assembly and he pointed out the faults and poor quality. When he pumped up tyres one tube split apart and required better quality tyres and tubes to be fitted.
I have to say I won't be recommending Bike Trikes to my family or friends
Very poorly made and shoddy products and materials used

Purchased in August 2020 at Trike-Bikes Online Store for $1,695.00.

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice Idea....but.....

• +4Thumbnail

Purchased in September 2020 at Trike-Bikes Online Store for $588.00.

Jo S.
Jo S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Unbelievable Trike

Price great, postage to NSW during covid within three days. Customer service brilliant.
Instructions on assembly great, but if your not familiar in putting bikes together I’d pay a bike shop just so you don’t damage your beautiful trike and it will get you in the road quicker. My husband was able to assemble it no problem.
Couldn’t be happier. Thanks heaps

Purchased in September 2020 at eBay for $549.00.

Michael C.Trike-Bike

Hello Joe, thank you very much for your review. It is greatly appreciated and I wish you many years of enjoyment

KerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Chain coming off

just had my trikebike put together, by a local bike repair man I’ve used over the years for all my bikes. he has done abt 8 trike bikes and was working on one when I dropped mine off.

I took it out for a spin and chain came off. Managed to get it back on with help from passerby. Came off a second time.

Why and how to I prevent this from happening?

Kerry

Purchased in August 2020 at Trike-Bikes Online Store for $480.00.

Kerry

The Schwinn Meridian trike is a nice bike except ...

I have this trike and as many others have said, it has a clunking noise in the rear assembly. Apparently it is a common problem with this trike. One person said it is the bearing but it could be the rear brakes. It's quite annoying. I'm going to take it to a repair shop to see if it is fixable. I will add that going over bumpy roads doesn't make for a comfortable ride.

Purchased in June 2020 for $414.00.

Really loving my new Trike Bike

I’ve only had my Trike for a couple of weeks, but so far I’m really loving it. It took a few practice goes near home to get used to it, as it is a different feel to riding a normal bike. I purchased it so that my little dog & I can enjoy a daily ride together and it is working very well for this purpose.
The only drama that I’ve had with it was that the rear basket was damaged when the parcel was unpacked, but a quick email to Trike Bike had it all sorted easily & a replacement basket was sent straight away.
I’m very happy with both the trike & service that I’ve received with it & highly recommend them to anyone thinking of making a purchase.

Purchased in April 2020 at Trike-Bikes Online Store.

Michael C.Trike-Bike

Hello Julie, thank you very much all your great review. I hope you enjoy spending time exercising with your dog. Many thanks Trike Bike

Judy
JudySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love the Trike Bikes

I bought a second hand trike bike 3 years ago and its been great, I ride for 2-3 hours every second day and pop the 2 dogs in the back, I’ve put the grandchildren in the basket and they have a great time too, we also doing our shopping. Both my husband and I ride trikes bikes through the bush and have a great time, it gets us out and keeps us fit.

Purchased in March 2017 at Gum tree.

Michael C.Trike-Bike

Thanks Judy for sharing your experience. Great to hear your having fun and staying fit.

Other Road Bikes

never be left disappointed.

Michael C.Trike-Bike

Hello Lewis, thank you very much for your positive comments it is greatly appreciated

Adam
AdamTasmania

Trike bike rear brakes

Started putting mine together but rear drum brakes is bent does anyone know where I can get parts for this as need new brake assembly
Would be great if someone could hook me up

Purchased in February 2019 for $400.00.

DJC
DJCChilders Qld

More than impressed

Delivery to outskirts of rural township was extremely quick. My 26" Electric Trike-bike from Brisbane was well packed. Only thing missing was instructions for the electric trike but instructions for construction for normal trike was in box, it helped but needed more info, a phone call and all sorted, easy.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Michael C.Trike-Bike

Thanks for the 5 star review, its appreciated and please know if you have any questions during ownership dont hesitate to contact us for assistance. Thanks Trike Bike

well you get what you pay for

45 minutes to assemble it took me three days, and then at a bike shop to check over., cost me $120 the front brake assembly to fit the mudguard had to be replaced and also the rear brake line was frayed. Told by the bike guy at local , it was rubbish. .. as the bike shops do. Their all rubbish all brands other their own. don't believe them .BUT they all come the same place china (not a problem) I have no problems with trike bikes, they are ok.so go and buy one.Harry south coast nsw xx get someone to assemble it. good on you.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tiana
TianaMelbourne

Happy with purchase

I'm really happy with the Fraser trike. Delivery was within a week, as I'm not 'handy person', I had it assembled by a bike workshop and so far I've had no problems, great for shopping trips, my little terrier happily sits in front basket. It's a taken a few trips to get used to having 3 wheels and therefore remembering the back is wider but overall fun to ride!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Michael C.Trike-Bike

Hello Tiana, this platform is for the Trike Bike brand and not other brands like Fraser which are no longer sold

Jenny
JennyGowrie 2904, ACT

Beware - this is not a quality product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Tristo
TristoNewcastle

Good quality ride it everyday

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Pat K.
Pat K.asked

I just bought a Schwinn 24" wheel One speed Meridian Adult Tricycle, I just tried to ride it and found the pedals will go back wards but wheels don't so if I need to back up I have to get off bike and do it by hand! Is this right or wasn't something put to gather right?

Ray
Rayasked

Do both rear wheels turn when peddling? I read the left rear wheel might just be a free spinning wheel.

Peter

Sorry not sure bike still being assembled in bike shop so I haven't even been able to ride it at this time

Michael C.Trike-Bike

Hello Ray, with all tricycles on the market only one wheel drives and brakes on the rear. BMW spent €3 million in a research project trying to design a differential system for pedal tricycles and in the end they gave up because the requirement was for one third of a horsepower just to overcome the friction in the differential. An Olympian can only do this for about 20 seconds apparently so it was no use to help in any further for the recreational market. Their best design was based on magnets as the differential.

There are some trikes in the market with a solid rear axle with both wheels locked but this is a disaster because it means the tricycle can't go around because properly unless you lean and lift up one of the wheels. The tires will wear out in about 50 km and they are generally unstable to ride so that is why the majority of trikes have only one wheel on the rear which is locked and acts as the drive wheel and the braking wheel

Anthony.m
Anthony.masked

Hi there,I’m after a schwinn meridian 26 inch wheel trike.is this a good choice?
I’m an active 40 year old male.
I just want it to go to the markets and carry some groceries yet strong enough that the wheels won’t buckle under a bit of bumpy road.the schwinn just looked pretty nice.
I don’t have any experience with trikes but have ridden bikes all my life.
Any help on where to get one in Sydney or something better would be much appreciated.
Thanks very much.
Anthony

Michael C.Trike-Bike

Hi there Schwinn is made in Taiwan but I don't think there is any importer for them in Australia at the moment, there was about one year ago but nothing since that I am aware of.

This site specifically for the brand Trike Bike you may find another section here for Schwinn and you would be better off asking their

See all Trike Bike Three Wheel Adult Tricycle questions

Get an answer from our members and Trike-Bike representatives

Features:

• The Trike Bike Three Wheel Adult Tricycle range of tricycles all feature a lightweight aluminium frame, making for a sturdy yet lightweight build.
  • All of the tricycles have an extra low frame, making it easy to get on and off the unit.
  • Across the range, there are bikes with 20”, 24”, and 26” wheels, so there’s bound to be a tricycle that’s the right size for you.
  • Many of the trikes in the range have Shimano Tourney Smart Shift 6 Speed Gears.
  • They also have wide seats with memory foam and springs, making them more ergonomic so you’re not left with a sore behind after a day’s ride.
  • Included in the cost of your Trike Bike is a lifetime warranty for the frame and a 12-month warranty on everything else.

Points of praise:

• The majority of reviewers noted that the tricycle had a solid build that made it simple to carry around their extra baggage - whether it was a child, a pet, or even just their groceries.
  • According to reviewers, despite there being a bit of a learning curve to riding a three-wheeler, the tricycle was comfortable to cruise around on.
  • Reviewers also found that their Trike Bike helped them climb small hills with ease.

A point of pain:

• According to some reviewers, the assembly instructions for their tricycle were difficult to understand, particular for first-time bike builders.
CategoryRoad Bikes