Love it, love it, love it, A small mod on mine 2.1 tyers front and back ,used a 27.5 back to accommodate the 2.1 , did I tell you I love it , am racing it this weekend in a 160 km grevel race , and the end of next month in a 300 km gravle race , If i win them might ask for a sponership Mr Polygon.
2017 Polygon Bend RIV
- Well built frame, good quality aluminium without that tinny sound you get in other brands, faultless welding.
- Cream / sand colour is ideal for stealth travelling and doesn't bring you unwanted attention. Designers did their homework.
- Disc brakes have plenty of stopping power and flat mounted to minimise potential damage.
- Racks are really clever designed, light, strong, well made and finished.
- Seat is reasonable, but it's a personal choice, so no big deal on this as many tourers experiment as they go.
- Rims and tyres are very good, cannot fault Schwalbe tourers.
- Bike was well packed and easy to assemble. Recommend taking good close up photo's before assembly for repacking down the track or if you need to return it.
- The 1x11 drive train is simple and saves weight and for day, weekend and general touring in Australia it would work well. With two half loaded panniers I struggled up steep hills (I am old) and needed lower gearing for the intended country I was headed. The gear train could be tweaked lower to accommodate touring loads. As such I returned the bike within one week under the 14 day test ride policy.
- I received my refund 12 days after the bike was received back at their warehouse and only after I chased it, which I thought was slack. As this is a big sales spruik on Bicycles Online website and all their Youtube videos, I expected better...
I have no problem recommending the bike even though it did not fit my intended purpose. Value for money is excellent.
Pre-sales customer service was very good, post-sales customer service was poor, but that doesn't surprise me when you want your money back... Australian businesses need to take a leaf out of the American's book when it comes to refund policy and procedure. They understand that process very well, and want you to return another day.
Would I buy another bicycle online again ? Maybe not after this experience... it didn't work for me. A bricks & mortar bike retailer does have one advantage, you can try before you buy.