Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1

Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1

HWT70AW1 (7kg), HWT60AW1 (6kg), HWT80AW1 (8kg)
3.2 from 68 reviews · View Details

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.2

Earlier model was better

The spin cycle is too strong and is ruining my clothes shape. Only adjustment available is length of time which doesn't help. Fluff filters are fiddly and annoying to clean. No where to put softener, has to be added later in cycle. Was putting holes in my clothes and I had to get the bowl replaced (fortunately under warranty), which fixed the problem but didn't bring back the clothes I had lost. I originally had the 2009 release of this model (until my removalists dropped it and broke it), and that model was absolutely wonderful. This later version (purchased December 2018) is so bad I plan to get rid of it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Online for A$479.00.

Ash

AshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good till it lasted, Now Broken with no ray of hope

Purchased in December 2019.

Paul N.

Paul N.Sydney, NSW

So far it's good

Bought last week due to the old Haier model broken down.

This new one seems to run quiet and not shaking. Still new so it's early to tell. but so far it's pretty good for $500

Purchased in April 2020 at Bing Lee for A$499.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1 compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

The Woz ReviewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Surprisingly good value for money

Firstly the one thing I had trouble with was programming, however once i realised that all I needed to do was select memory the last wash I selected would replay that wash .
Be warned THERE IS NO FABRIC SOFTENER facility in this machine , what I do is premix some powder or liquid detergent in a old OMO bottle and put a bit of Fabric softener and dissolved powder in with some water and next time i do a wash I simply pour the pre mixed powder and softener product into the wash it works a treat ..try it apart from that very little tangles and just a great low cost basic washing machine from the Fisher Paykel company @ $484 from the Good Guys you wont go wrong .

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$484.00.

Tehreem K.

Tehreem K.Sydney, NSW

This is perfect

This haier automatic washing machine is best. I’m really very happy with this product. It is very easy to use perfect machine. Easy to understand its functions I’m loving it

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Lesley Andrews

Lesley AndrewsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

worst machine i have ever brought

i had a 7.5 kg before, i brought this 8kg machine, put my comferter in the machine, It melted on the top of the wash bowl, Haier let me swap it for a different one, But will not replace the price of my comforter, AS the email they sent me said that i did not read the manual , That you can not put in a sleeping bag, comforter, blanets, to wash, AS it was not over loaded, i have never had a washing machinethat had melted any thing to the wash bowl ,

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$600.00.

Go fund a granny

Go fund a grannyWhitfield

Price was excellent great for singles small families

As a granny I needed a small machine for a modest price that would give me good results and it certainly has lived up to my expectations. A compact machine, the end result is amazing super clean clothes, bedding etc. 10 min cycle fantastic for delicates. I have washed dog blankets, floor mats and the dirty residue that comes from cleaning the filter is proof it is really doing a good job. I laminated the instructions but the press button features are easy to understand and operate. It may lack myriad of settings and features but it does the job, results in clean washing, done quickly, efficiently, quietly and a cost effective solution for those living alone or with small families.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Shazza5

Shazza5Mid North Coast

Excellent value for money

Purchased in November 2016 at The Good Guys for A$390.00.

Dee555

Dee555Melbourne, Victoria

Great 7kg top loader for a single person

I did research before purchasing this item. Great washing machine for a single person. Easy to operate. Many different cycles/levels/timers. Washes my queen size fitted, flat, pillowcases and a few other items in one cycle. Gentle cycles work very well on clothes, particularly jumpers, fragile garments (use cold water only). Compact and inexpensive. Very Happy with my final purchase.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Read the Fine Print.

Read the Fine Print.Sydney, NSW

Small but useful top loader.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$488.00.

Kong L.

Kong L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worth every cents

Bought this from the eBay promotion. Works fine. My wife use it twice a week. Makes very little noise but we have it outside under shade. In general good for the money you paid

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for A$350.00.

Rickw

RickwSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good for the money

A little noisy but simple and priced right and seems to wash as well as my past and much more expensive machines. Maybe not many bells and whistles but fine for a single person.
Appliances online also install, and take away old machine and packaging. Also with a delivery time to suit you.

Purchased in August 2018 at Appliances Online.

Micemeat

MicemeatHobart, TAS

Top loader

Works amazing, had three front loader washing machines before this and could not get the things level.

Things ended up stuffed.

This replacement has now lasted longer then all three front loaders.

Works well cleans cloths well, only complaint would be that the lint held in the machine is a lot more then it used to be, however airing out cloths/wind helps with that.

Purchased in December 2018.

Dee

Dee

Okayish

The Washing machine started leaking just 6 month after purchase but the hair was helpful enough to send a mechanic to come fix it with no additional cost. The machine overall is not that bad for the price.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for A$373.00.

Minnie

MinnieUlladulla NSW

LEMON

I'm having a big issue with this machine, it keeps stopping and showing the E3 problem. Even with 1 (one) towel in the machine it will stop up to 5 times during a wash. I have had the floor checked and all is level and the machine has been checked also, and is level. This machine is only 2 (two) months old and was a birthday present from my sons. I will be selling and never looking at this brand again. LEMON

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for A$489.00.

Water level headache

All works well except the water level is very low,just found that once starting cycle to change it to max amount of water.otherwise have to wait 2hours for cycle to stop.Did not think this would be an issue but it is.

Purchased in January 2019.

LittleChicken

LittleChickenBrisbane

Very good, inexpensive machine

Just bought this, to replace a very short lived front loader, after realising I had buckleys chance of finding a decent twin tub. It was quite cheap (JB HiFi) so ticked that particular box. Runs very well and super quiet (it also doesn't shake the building during spin cycle.) It's quite basic and I'm still trying to work out when to add fabric softener (when countdown is around 8 mins... I think) but it only uses 13 litres more than our prev. front loader which is terrific. Could benefit from a clear lid to check water levels or soap. Also could benefit from place to put fab soft should you wish to go out while the load runs. Thus far very happy with it. Running on tank water with davey pump.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Rip off !!!

Bought this 3 months ago already playing up.Says 8kg but can't even get a single duvet in without it coming out ripped! Has ripped many clothes and most reviews have the same damn problem E1 -E2 The booklet don't tel you how to unblock you have to come online so those who don't have internet won't know!! Second w/machine from them I had no choice ( Not my choice ) but I had to pay for it.The other machine had same problem. Within 2 years of owning that one 3 call outs.And btw it's not quiet either. If I had a choice I would not buy a haier machine crap like their phones.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Jan O

Jan OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great model

Very user friendly, and washes the clothes perfectly. I purchased this as a replacement for my mother's old model. Very easy to operate so extremely important for seniors that are not technology geeks. Mum is thrilled to bits, and even likes the outside appearance which she leaves uncovered - no doilies required...

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Fel

FelWollongong

Water level on high only 1/2 fills

Complete waste of money! This machine should be taken off the market. This machine only takes very small loads and water level is ridiculously low so you end up doing more loads of washing. And you can forget trying to wash your doona cover! Wish I'd never chosen it. Im feeling extremely ripped off!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018