Offshore call centre!!

This is not good enough when I ring your number, the line is terrible and I can barely understand what the Asian person is saying! Please employ those with good basic ENGLISH and understanding!!!

Lost Business Laptop - Super Easy Claim

I lost my laptop while overseas for business, and I was very concerned of how to claim. I am a very small business and this tool is essential to my work.

I called the business claim service and the lady was amazing, super helpful, I was a little stressed to say the least, she calmly said, please don't worry, we will get this worked out.

She arranged the call to the place I bought my laptop to get a price for a replacement of a similar model, the money was in my business account with 5 business days.

Thank you to the claim staff in this case, they were easy to deal with and made a stressful time a lot less stressful.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

AAMI Road assist - WE DON'T CARE

AAMI Customer for over 4 years, no claims, no calls, no nothing. Last week I was driving on the M80 in Melbourne and had a flat. Got out of the car and looked at the wheel and surprisingly enough something went through the tyre and wheel rim, so there was nothing I could do. Called AAMI to get road assist and they told me "We don't do M80, sorry". I thought that the person didn't know what he was taking about and called again and talked with another operator. Same outcome. They left us on the M80 with no alternatives. As it was 6:30 PM it was a bit of a hassle to find someone, from the emergency lane of the M80 to come and get us from there. My life and my wife's were in danger and we are considering suing them.
Try to find a proper insurance company, AAMI let's you down when you need them most. Already cancelled my insurance and moved to another company. A waist of money and totally unreliable.

Claim MadeNo

cheaper but prone to Errors in processing

They didn't cover my business for a Whole Year despite having the premium prepaid and sitting in their bank account for over a year!! I only found out the following year when I didn't receive my new invoice and rang them to question it. They conveniently blamed it on a system issue. In other words, I paid for something I didn't receive!!!!! They then proceeeded to renew with a discount but the renewal cost (with the discount) was more than what I could renew for as a new customer. When they rang back, they still did not understand what I had told them (and I'm a professional who is very easy to talk to - that's my Job!). Unprofessional staff and questionable quotes given - however they are within the reasonable $$ range if you are on a budget (I guess you get what you pay for).

Claim MadeNo

AAMI have an automated answer service, takes ages and very fustrating. Runs on EST so not convenient WA.

EASY to set up yes and very friendly.

Just Automated waiting for options and then finding out there wasn't an option for business insurance. (Closed to early for WA time really for me.

Claim MadeNo

Very surprisingly easy and helpful

You know how you call your insurer and try to find the right selection and eventually get transferred between a bunch of departments and spend hours trying to get simple things done? Not with aami. I'm really surprised how easy it is to deal with aami. Wether it was making a claim or changing my address it's been a breeze to deal with them. Very happy with every aspect of aami business insurance

Insurance claim madeYes

Slow claims processing and poor communication

We made a claim due to theft of work tools that needed to be replaced ASAP as we were unable to complete jobs otherwise. Submitted all documentation requested and heard nothing. Followed up a few days later and advised it wasn’t received so had to resend even though we replied directly to the claim email sent to us initially. Still no communication so another email and phone call to follow up. The 4th follow up we finally managed to sort out the claim and get it settled on the phone. The guy was lovely just wish it hadn’t been held up nearly 3 weeks and not having an ounce of communication before that despite doing everything as asked. Businesses need fast claim
Turn around in these instances.

Insurance claim madeYes

Willing to help small businesses

Ammi has been covering me for years with public liability insurance for my small business. I had made an error and they were very helpful correcting my situation. A rare commodity for big business and insurance company to show they care.

Insurance claim madeNo