Accorplus

Accorplus

See the Best Rewards & Loyalty Programs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A Scam I was cheated.

I was asked to join Accor Plus while at the Soffitel Hotel Bali.
I was told it would allow me lots of benefits at 5000 hotels world wide.
I returned to Australia and tried to use my Temp Card Number to book another trip and nothing worked.
I called Accor Plus several times and was told I had to call Bali and that Australia did not accept this membership.
I have called several times and have had no success I am very disappointed would not recommend them to my worst enemy.
I have since booked for LA and there was a Soffitel Hotel right near where I was going for 3 weeks and I elected to not go there because of this experience.
I hate to be cheated and that's exactly how I feel.

AccorPlus give Accor and their Brands like Sofitel a bad name

I was convinced on the phone to sign up to AccorPlus even though I already have and use the Intercontinental Ambassador (which is amazing by the way). I was, like the Intercon program enticed by the free room night. I paid $369 which was debited from my AMEX in 30 seconds flat and they access to the website was enabled immediately. The hotel restaurant discounts didn't interest me as it don't eat in the hotel restaurants.

What I wasn't aware of that it's only on a standard room and not on the room type you necessarily book like a suite (without paying additional). This might suit some travellers but not how I travel. The value was not there. Luckily I had my 10 day cooling off period. So I rang up member services to cancel only to be told they need to send this back to the sales department and I will be called.

So I was called and tried to be re-sold the membership. I just wanted to cancel. But I was sold to and sold to, put on hold to speak to the manager etc etc. I finally put my foot down and said please cancel the membership. I was then told I had to return the card (which I hadn't received yet) and was told it would take 2-3 weeks to get the card initially. They took my money, enabled my access in about 2 hours but they wouldn't refund me until I waited to get my card and then returned it and waited for that the then cancellation to happen all the while holding onto my money. Why not just disable the account online, cancel and card and then refund the money.

Poor customer service. AVOID. Go to Intercontinental Ambassador program so much more value.

Rude customer care service

I have Accorplus silver membership and really enjoyed the ease of booking through their APP with great offers for members. However, I had to their booking number on 3rd feb 2019 as I needed to book Stay, park Fly package at Pullman Sydney Airport for 10 days. I spoke to 'Alvin' ( unlikely to be his real name) who sounded very rude and said they only have 7 days car park and cannot do 10 days. There was no attempt from him to sound helpful and made me feel as if he is doing a favour answering the call. Had great expectations as a loyal Accor plus member to be valued and treated respectfully which nevertheless is to be expected even if one is not a loyalty programme member. Anyways, called Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport and was able to book for 10 days even though, they had either 7 days or 14 days packages.The Stamford Plaza customer care off course sounded to be a local team and very courteous, helpful and readily tailor made the 10 days package...Think Accor Plus needs to keep a quality control on how their outsourced agents communicate with their customers.

ACCOR plus customer service staff crap

Hotel rooms are really great. Awesome hotel staff but need to improve ACCOR PLUS customer services. It’s really crap. Need to improve ASAP. I am a gold member and recently upgraded another year and I ring them to upgrade but the sales person put me on a new account with new membership number, back to silver

Fantastic however you have to use it to make it worth the money

It seems like a large investment at first when u sign up however by the time you use your dining benefit and free night as well as additional benefits you get when staying at Accor properties. The only downside is the contact centre has large wait lists. And the staff in the call centre are rude and pushy.

Not worth the money

Have had multiple issues. You would think paying to be a member of the service, booking Accor properties would be easier with Accorplus than through alternate booking sites.

Will not book room through Accorplus, saying room type is unavailable, then you can book the same room on an alternate site without concern.

Additionally, booked a room, and prices have significantly dropped (half of what i have paid) and will not be matched.

If you are a couple or business traveller and use Accor properties many times a year and eat in their restaurants frequently (ie anyone who travels with family) i would avoid at all costs.

Mercure at Central Railway [Railway Square]

Booked in advance for a room with two double beds at this hotel as an Accorplus member. A great rate. The two grandchildren had free breakfasts and the two for one meal meant a full buffet for 4 for under $30. Kids activities were provided. The heated pool on the 14th floor was great for early am 'energy release".

Ask for a north facing room overlooking Railway Square for morning sun and the night lights and the constant stream of traffic [which you cannot hear], particularly if you have kids.

Close to Central railway, the light rail and George street buses. Eating option in Quay Street [300 metres] and all the way north into China Town.

If you your membership card 3 or 4 times per year its fair value. We always book [better in advance] an upmarket hotel in the city for the "free" [no so] night - sometimes with a supplement if you go to a Sofitel.

Waste of time for everyday families

Costs a lot of money (around $350) and only useful to those who can plan at least 9-12 months ahead of schedule, so not good for everyday families (my mother-in-law loves it but she's a retiree and constantly planning overseas trips well in advance) I can not use my benefit plus stay unless I want to stay at the Ibis or in Western Sydney, and while I'm sure they are lovely hotels, I didn't join a premier hotel membership club to stay in those hotels! Don't waste your money. Use the last minute hotel booking sites instead.

Terrible service and can never use benefits

This membership is a rort! It costs about $350 with the promise that you get 1 free night that you can use at any hotel. What they don't let you know is that there are only a very limited number of rooms at each hotel that is allowed to have the free night, I tried on numerous occassions to use my free night and usually about 3 months + in advance and every time there was no availabilty. When trying to book at a Noosa hotel about 4 months in advance I could use only if I booked 2 night minimum stay and with a $100 surcharge added to the "free night". The call centre are rude and extremely poor service. When I asked to have a manager call me back it took over 2 weeks to get a call and they made promises that were never fulfilled. Cannot rate this membership poorly enough. $350 with absolutley nothing in return.

Not what is promised

So the membership is about $350 a year offering you the best princes in hotel rooms and 50% off food.. however the customer service centre is outsourced.. and the their system does not correspond with the one in the hotel.. Also the customer service reps such as [removed] are rude.. the rates promised was never honoured.. call backs never received.. then you go and stay in Mercure goulbourn.. The waitress states again food is 50% off.. after we had finished the meal.. They state that the kids meal is full price.. so in regards to do they honour the word? No.. is it a scam? Well they are misleading.