2Shopback

2Shopback

70% · 729260 · 25%

whatever_jane
whatever_jane

There are more choices out there, avoid this!

I lost my mobile and got a new mobile phone. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to log into the Shopback account. It keeps asking me to verify my account and the staff asks me to provide all sort of personal information via email to access to my account. This looks like a scam!!!
KIC
KICSydney, NSW20 posts

No Promised Cashback

Eagerly awaiting my cashback from online purchase that is still in "confirmation" stage. I'm supposed to be paid out by now. Have frequently got in contact with Shopback in regard to this and they keep saying to essentially wait. Can I get someone to contact me directly? This has gone on for too long.
DHG
DHG2 posts

Avoid, gone down hill

As other reviewers have mentioned, Shop back has gone severely down hill. I have used them for many years but recently have had nothing but bad experiences. Large cash backs are never approved or tracked and reporting them as missing is extremely difficult due to poor customer service. Avoid.
Lee K.
Lee K.4 posts

Gone down the tubes

Used to be worthwhile but now it selectively tracks small amounts and doesn't track any sizeable cashbacks or bonuses.it's set-up to make reporting missed cashback as difficult and time consuming as possible.
Using their chat bot is an act of masochism and they don't respond to emails (still been waiting 1½ weeks)
Give these guys a miss and use Cash rewards instead.
While they're not perfect either at least they fix mistakes quickly and operate with some professionalism.
Whatever you do don't make a purchase through these guys in the expectation of cashback.
They won't cough up & life's too short to be wasting it on these scammers.
Smith
SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bait and switch scam

My experience started off okay, then missing cashback for months, and now a bait and switch where they offered a huge cashback, 24 hours later said no that was an error, we will do nothing to fix it, here is the stores regular returns policy, like that was a great offer to make it right. Mistakes happen, but some goodwill would’ve gone a long way. Withdrawn all my cashback that was sitting there and learnt my lesson.
Seems to be a continuous issue with them, not honouring what they advertise.
Callum95
Callum957 posts

Move your purchases to Cash Rewards instead - No longer tracks

Used to always track - now it doesn't track my Cashback. I have been waiting 11 days for a response to my enquiry, multiple emails, nil response. Funny because it says they will respond in 2 business days. TIME TO MOVE TO CASH REWARDS. Will no longer use Shop Back ever again.
Ben Taylor
Ben TaylorSouthwest, VIC

Easy to use

Easy to use once transferred to wallet ,just tapped and all sorted
BGS123
BGS1235 posts

Forgetful

The concept is great, however, I'm only giving 3 stars because they haven't yet figured out how to enable alerts for when you enter a mobile shopping browser or app, like the extension on Chrome. Once they figure out how to alert customers that the website or app they are on has shop back enabled, I will change to 5 stars. I always forget to use shopback until I've already checked out and then there is no way to apply is after the transaction is finished. It's really annoying.
I and G
I and G Victoria2 posts

Poor Service

Purchased a Village Cinema voucher as a gift for my grandchildren using mostly points last week, the receptent never received the voucher. Now all I get is computer generated messages when I try to make contact with Shop Back, Not at all happy!
Rosey
RoseyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts

Does not deliver as promised

Complete scam. Initially it works ok and you get the cashbacks as expected. However within a couple of months the cashbacks do not materialise and there is no effective way to report the issue. The virtual assistant is set up to evade your questions. No way to escalate. No call centre. Too much grief for a few dollars - and they scam you out of the few dollars anyway. Waste of time and effort. These dodger companies rarely last too long anyway.
Kam
KamSydney81 posts

Cashback expiry

If you don't make any transactions in 12 months, any existing cashback expires. Although Shopback is not the only one that does this, it's still a scummy thing to do. They've already received a commission for your purchases, so why should there be any expiry?
Erin B.
Erin B.2 posts

Dan
Dan5 posts

Gotten really bad lately. Unreliable company

In recent months I’ve had numerous orders not track at all or missing bonus cashback. These orders were made through their app. Other orders with the same company do track. There is no rhyme or reason why some track and some don’t. I’m waiting on 5 missing cashbacks, all made through their app. The picture is of a Myer purchase made over a month ago which is meant to have bonus cash back. No idea what’s been tracked. ‍
Lana
LanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts

What happened to the customer service?

What happened to the customer service? I have sent so many requests via email and through Shopback website and it seems no one bothers to help! It use to be a great website and NOW it quite useless. It only has a virtual assistance (machine), which CAN'T help at all.
Purchased "Best Restaurants" Gift cards and they are not working. Please be aware and DO NOT purchase ANY gift cards from this website! It is a waste of money! Thinking to cancel my account for good!
SSC