Acorn Rentals
See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Acorn Rentals

Pros

• Outstanding vehicle condition

• Highly personable customer service

• Works around your schedule

Amazing service!

Acorn are the best. My car was rear ended and unable to be driven for 4.5 months awaiting parts. I talked to both my insurance company and the third party insurance company to try and arrange alternative transportation and received the run around from both. Then someone at work put me into Acorn and within 24 hours I had a rental car (similar age and size to my own), keep it until my own car was fixed, then just dropped it back. Acorn kept in touch through the process to ensure all was working out and were really responsive.
Highly recommend for anyone involved in a car accident where the fault is not theirs. Thanks Acorn!

Excellent Service!!!!

Easy & smooth process! I contacted to get a car for a not at fault application and I had required the vehicle asap! I dealt with Jesse from Acorn and she was absolutely fantastic over the phone. She had kept me on tabs with the progress of my application and got me in a car in no time!!! Highly recommend this company to anyone!!! Fantastic service!

Frustrated
FrustratedPerth, WA

Very happy

Kevin that delivered the car was really helpful, my only small complaint is that I got too many calls from Sydney when one call should of been made to the get the required information instead of in drains and drabs

Vehicle Condition

Excellent Customer Service

Customer service was excellent by all parties. Acorn, The Insurance Broker the Panel Beater and Budget Rent A . Will certainly recommend to our friends. The car met all our requirements

Find out how Acorn Rentals compares to other Car Rental Services

Quick and easy to deal with

Got a brand new car to replace my old Lancer after a truck smashed it. Got to keep it for over 6 weeks while they stuffed around with the claim. Great car, didn’t want mine back.

Good customer service . Clean cars , quick delivery and pick up .

Good customer service clean cars . Door delivery and pick up . Professional staff when it’s comes to understand people need their help. Hassle free service . Very quick to get through phone calls or emails.

Excellent prompt service!!

Acorn rentals were responsive, helpful and fast in arranging a rental for me. Thankyou , you made a stressful experience positive. I would recommend to others . Awesome and helpful team. Thanks

Very happy with service

Very happy with service received.
Collection and drop off of vehicle very smooth and nice to receive phone call from Jimmy this morning asking when it suited me to return car.
Rental car in excellent condition which was greatly appreciated.

Kripa
KripaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Return Customer - Car rental

The cars they provide for rentals will always be near new or maintained in a very good to near new condition. You will not be disappointed with their service and moreover my personal experience was just awesome. Regarding their pricing, it’s fair to be very honest and they gave me a free update due to unavailability of a particular car. No big conditions as far as you drive the car and return it properly that even a friend of yours will expect if you borrow. Otherwise, I was super happy. Only downside is their trading hours unlike their competitions that wasn’t an issue for me but it would be nice if there is a flexibility at least during vacation time. I am giving 5 star for their wonderful service. Keep up the good work guys.

Cathy
CathyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service.

Great customer service. The staff were so friendly and really helpful. Prompt service, I received my hire car the same day I had my car accident. Thank you Acorn rentals.

Acorn Rentals X.Acorn Rentals

Hi Cathy, Thank you so much for your review. We're glad we could assist you in your time of need and keep you on the road. We are thrilled to hear you had such a convenient and trouble free experience with us. Kind Regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Very nice service

Fast service, easy to collect and drop.
Application processed in a half day.
Well-matched car provided for daily work and family dynamic.
The first provided car had to be replaced as WOF was about to be expired and another car was dropped off the next day.
Good service

Booking Process
Acorn Rentals X.Acorn Rentals

Hi Ted, Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you had such a positive experience with us and we are delighted to see that the process was fast and simple! Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Awesome!

Just want to acknowledge the great service I received from Acorn Auckland. Thank you for the fantastic loan car I received over the past five days. Easy, Convenient, Reliable and Execellent!

Acorn Rentals X.Acorn Rentals

Hi Kitekeiaho, Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you had such a convenient and trouble free experience with us and it's a pleasure to see this reflected in your review! Kind Regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Find out how Acorn Rentals compares to other Car Rental Services

All around a great experience

Great company, great staff, great cars!! Can’t stress enough how well I was looked after during this extremely frustrating time (after getting hit by someone and their insurance not being very helpful).
Highly recommended!!

Acorn Rentals X.Acorn Rentals

Hi Jenni, Thank you for your review. We are so pleased we were able to assist you in your time of need. We're delighted to see that your experience with us was positive and trouble-free! Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Ideal

Quick to act, great communication, decent car, couldn't ask for more. I have to write too many words for the review and it makes me want to make it 4 stars

Acorn Rentals X.Acorn Rentals

Hi David, Thank you for your positive review, we're glad we could assist you! We're delighted to see that the process was quick and simple! Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Robert
RobertPerth, WA

True Customer Service

I live in Kalamunda outside of the main cities where the major rental companies are located, so to travel to pick up and drop off a rental car when having my car repaired in a local garage is impractical, and costly in fuel. However, Acorn deliver a current model rental car to the garage and pick it up again when the rental period finishes, which is exactly what I needed: and at a reasonable cost. So Acorn get 10 out of 10 from me.

Christoph
Christophasked

Do you have a holiday car rental available july 13-27 ? A small car for the two of us

Acorn Rentals X.Acorn Rentals

Hi Christoph. We would need to know some further details including where you wanted to hire a vehicle as we have a number of locations around Australia and in New Zealand. Please call us on 1300 22 67 67 (Australia) or 0800 022 6767 (New Zealand) to make specific enquiries. Look forward to hearing from you, kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Charles
Charlesasked

Good day, what is the budgetary daily rate to hire a small car with excess of no more than $500 & roadside assistance, please?

Kirsten
Kirsten

I have no idea, Charles. The panel beater organised everything, and Acorn dealt directly with the at-fault driver's insurance company.

Brian K.
Brian K.asked

Do you operate out of Brisbane airport
Can I return car to Maroochydore airport

Get an answer from our members and Acorn Rentals representatives

If replacement car cover is included in your car insurance policy, Acorn Car Rentals may be able to help when your car has been in an accident, and is at the smash repairer. In this situation, here are some of the options that may be available to you:

• As the innocent party, your insurer is likely to cover the costs for hiring a replacement car.
  • As the party at fault, you may be able to get your insurer to pay - if you have replacement cover.
  • As the party at fault with no replacement cover, you can still use Acorn, but you’ll have to pay for the cost yourself.

Process for hiring a replacement car with Acorn:

• Submit an application, by calling 1300 22 6767 or filling in an online application form;
  • If you’re approved, Acorn will drop off your hire car, either at the smash repairers after you’ve dropped off your damaged vehicle, at your home, or if delivery is not available in your area – at an agreed-upon location via a third party supplier (this is usually where you’ll sign all the paperwork).
  • Acorn will help monitor the progress of your car’s repairs by keeping in contact with the smash repairer
  • Acorn will organise payment with the insurer (if applicable) or yourself.

Points of praise for Acorn Car Rentals:

• The helpful and efficient customer service was widely praised, and was also the main reason that several reviewers stated they wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Acorn.
  • Acorn was described as being conveniently flexible and accommodating in terms of making logistical arrangements with picking up and dropping off cars
  • The hire car provided was often described as being in excellent condition by reviewers; which included it being clean and well taken care of.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

If you're left car-less after an accident, Acorn Car Rentals can help take some of the stress that comes with finding a replacement car away. So much so, that’s it’s won the 2021 Award for Best Car Hire Service (bestowing Acorn with an impressive, consecutive three-year winning streak). Top scores were awarded for vehicle condition, outstanding customer service and ease of the booking process.