Verifiedacornrentals.com.au

Works around your schedule

2,117 reviews
Isabelle M
Isabelle M

Overall easy and stress free experience

Easy and stress free service to hire a car while mine was being repaired. Acorn provided me with a very nice car for a week. Customer service team was also very helpful. Thanks!! Show details ·  1
Anne G.
Anne G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The BEST rental car in Melbourne!

The vehicle provided was a loaned car while my car was being repaired - they have 24/7 customer support, friendly staff and attends to your concern quickly. I left my baby’s capsule tether strap ($40 if to buy a new one) when I returned the car and surprisingly they delivered it to my house the next day! I was in awe, beyond excellent service. Highly recommend. Show reply
Phoebe B.
Phoebe B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The easiest and the best

This was so easy, the car arrived at the repair shop and I dropped it back. The application process was seamless and the staff at Acorn really helpful. Show details ·  1
Jackie S.
Jackie S.2 posts

Excellent service

10/10 experience, these people deserve a pay rise ! The receptionist sorted me out in less than an hour. They worked over the closing hours just to help me. I was sooo soo grateful and beyond appreciative of all the staff who helped at the onehunga branch and call centre. Thank you so much ! Highly recommend going through this company! Show details ·  1
Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A better way to get a replacement car while accident repairs are done

A wonderful service that could only be improved by having electric cars in the range. As an electric car owner every time I put petrol in the tank it saddened me :(
But the experience otherwise was super. While our car was being repaired we had a new clean car the entire time. With way less bother then accepting a car from the other parties insurance company. Show details ·  1
Amie
AmiePerth, WA2 posts

Happy Customer

I had never heard of Acorn for no fault car hire. They were so easy to deal with and convenient. The car was great and suited my needs. They took alot of stress out of the inconvenience of a car accident. Highly recommend Show details ·  1
maddie
maddie3 posts

Great experience

The service & communication before my car was delivered was exceptional all done on line . The vehicle that I drove was in excellent condition an up to date new car & bonus hybrid I was impressed with everything thank you Show details ·  1
Maria C
Maria CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Exceptional service

Highly recommend, was a smooth and efficient experience. Thank you for helping me stay on the road. Show details ·  1
Les
LesGippsland, VIC3 posts

Very easy and convenient service. Excellent replacement vehicle that suited my needs. Highly recommend. Show details ·  1
Tahlia
TahliaWestern Australia

5 Star Car Rental - Don't look anywhere else!!

Excellent customer service with an effortless process to hire a car. All details and agreements were accessable and easy to complete, and Acron were available if I needed clarification (I was never put on hold!). I received a like-for-like vehicle that met my needs, which was important to me as I needed my car for work purposes. The vehicle was fuel efficient, clean and in great condition. Show details ·  1
Booking Process
Vehicle Condition
Andrew
AndrewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Quick, friendly, helpful

I had an issue with my car insurance company not providing a hire car for a not at fault claim. I spoke to Acorn Rentals directly about the issue and withing half an hour they had spoken to the insurer of the at fault driver and were able to supply a hire car. The team at Acorn were fast, professional and very helpful in resolving an issue my insurer couldn't resolve in 6 months! Hopefully won't need to use them in the near future but wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Show details ·  1
Jeannette
JeannetteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent professional service from Acorn Rentals

The Toyota Corolla hired was spotless and faultless! Acorn's customer service was courteous, friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this business. Show details ·  1
Sarah
SarahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The service was amazing the car was perfect & along the was each person was easy to deal with making the whole experience positive. Show reply
Helena
HelenaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly Recommend

My repairer suggested Acord Rentals as I was not at fault and I found them very professional, efficient as well as easy and accommodating to deal with. Absolutely hassle free pick up and drop off. Show details ·  1
Giovanni
Giovanni

Non fault accident courtesy car

Just awesome, a fantastic car rental company. I needed a vehicle after someone reversed into my car and after a bit of digging I was recommended Acorn Rentals. I rang them and within 24 hours I had a car delivered to my door step in Northland. The whole procedure was amazingly simple and seamless- I was so impressed. I got a Toyota Corolla Hybrid which was in great condition and virtually new. They arranged to pick up the car at the panel beaters in Whangarei once mine was ready. Total peace of mind and the staff at Acorn were excellent. All at no cost to me as it was a non fault claim.
Can’t recommend them highly enough. Show details ·  1

Christoph
Christoph

Do you have a holiday car rental available july 13-27 ? A small car for the two of us

Acorn Rentals   DM
Charles
Charles

Good day, what is the budgetary daily rate to hire a small car with excess of no more than $500 & roadside assistance, please?

Kirsten
Kirsten

I have no idea, Charles. The panel beater organised everything, and Acorn dealt directly with the at-fault driver's insurance company.

Brian K.
Brian K.

Do you operate out of Brisbane airport
Can I return car to Maroochydore airport

If replacement car cover is included in your car insurance policy, Acorn Car Rentals may be able to help when your car has been in an accident, and is at the smash repairer. In this situation, here are some of the options that may be available to you:

• As the innocent party, your insurer is likely to cover the costs for hiring a replacement car.
  • As the party at fault, you may be able to get your insurer to pay - if you have replacement cover.
  • As the party at fault with no replacement cover, you can still use Acorn, but you’ll have to pay for the cost yourself.

Process for hiring a replacement car with Acorn

• Submit an application, by calling 1300 22 6767 or filling in an online application form;
  • If you’re approved, Acorn will drop off your hire car, either at the smash repairers after you’ve dropped off your damaged vehicle, at your home, or if delivery is not available in your area – at an agreed-upon location via a third party supplier (this is usually where you’ll sign all the paperwork).
  • Acorn will help monitor the progress of your car’s repairs by keeping in contact with the smash repairer
  • Acorn will organise payment with the insurer (if applicable) or yourself.

Points of praise for Acorn Car Rentals

• The helpful and efficient customer service was widely praised, and was also the main reason that several reviewers stated they wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Acorn.
  • Acorn was described as being conveniently flexible and accommodating in terms of making logistical arrangements with picking up and dropping off cars
  • The hire car provided was often described as being in excellent condition by reviewers; which included it being clean and well taken care of.
CategoryAccident Replacement Vehicle Rental
Service TypeAccident Replacement Vehicles
Hire Vehicle typeCars
Hires To International Licences, P2 Licences (Green Plates), People aged 18 - 21 yrs and People aged 21 - 24 yrs
Locations ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC and WA