Compass

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Compass

Pros

Trustful, professional staff
Punctual delivery of vehicle
Hassle-free process

Cons

Won't always get a like-for-like vehicle

David Lyons
David LyonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Life Savers.

Lenchik
LenchikBrisbane

Scamming company don’t use

As one of the previous people they are trying to make me pay for hire cars, not the at fault party. However I have comprehensive car insurance and compas rang me after my accident claiming they were sent by my company which was a lie and now want me to pay for car hire.

Ivan Samardzhiev
Ivan Samardzhiev Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Chris Cooper

Perfect, trustful, on time, polite - no problems at all. Thank you very much Chris will definitely recommend your business in the area to my friends and clients. Best regards Ivan

Phil riley
Phil rileyPerth, WA

Like for like vehicle insurance claim

Was told I would get a like for like vehicle after have a crash. I had a 4x4 Colorado and was given a Mitsubishi asx. I have requested a larger vehicle numerous times. Have been told compass have 170 cars in Perth. It’s been 4 weeks so far with 6 weeks to go before I get my Colorado back and require a larger vehicle as I go on holiday in 2 weeks. I recieve no feedback from them. I don’t think they have any intention of finding me a like for like vehicle

Ian J
Ian JCanberra 2600, ACT

Warning. Insurance free car is NOT fre

Great hire car provided to us during a very stressful time, delivered to house 2 hours north of Townsville, THANK YOU

I had reason to deal with this great company recently following a car accident. We live 2 hours north of Townsville, a car was delivered to us very quickly and then they came and picked the car up. Fabulous service fro the Townsville crew.

• Vehicle Condition

Never have cars available

For the third time in a number of years, we have required a replacement vehicle while our land rover was repaired. On each occasion compass, through the Wollongong depot, has had no cars available.

They are slow to inform us and, it seems to us, woefully understocked.

sabi s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor experience

I don't know how they got my details from (maybe from the insurance company) but they offered me a car after an accident and after driving for some time they called me to give their car back and took their car away saying they can't recover the money from a third party. As their hire cost is too high, 2-3 times more, compare to other rental companies ($100 for a small Hyundai accent), I thought I would get the car until the issue is resolved. But not. Poor experience.

DO NOT EVER USE THEM!!!

they do not reply to emails. they do not return phone calls.
If you want your car to be not fixed use compass and the rest of their sister companies.

HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMAND THEM.
They will leave comments on there for people that give them low rating. But dont be fooled, they have no intention of fixing issues or helping you.

auspom
auspomSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 ***** Service.

5 ***** To compass. Delivered compatible vehicle to the smash repairers, even sent a txt to say running behind because of an accident, vehicle was near new, clean and in great condition then they collected their vehicle when mine was ready.

Nice smooth hassle free experience and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Well done Compass for making a stressful experience a pleasant one.

A Gilbert

ShonaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting service

Chrystal L.
Chrystal L.North Queensland, QLD

Lifeline Angels

I wanted to give these guys a much deserving praise. Communicating with me the whole way through my 2.5 month ordeal. The team are very approachable and understanding with such a vibrant attitude that makes the transaction that much easier. I am very grateful and blessed Compass were involved as I would have been without a vehicle for such a long period and it is all at the at fault drivers insurance expense. It made getting through the Xmas period, school runs, getting to my full time job and helping the running and operation of the hubby's business a breeze and business as usual.
Thank you again with the warmest regards for the Townsville Team. ☺

christopherparsons
christopherparsonsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Life after accident made easy

Great easy to obtain vehicle, pick up at repairer made life easy.
Other party is responsible for payment.
Yes as I asked for.
Personal use and yes exactly what I needed to continue.

Compass MarketingCompassSend a private message

Hi Christopher, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let keep us in mind if you ever need us in the future.”

jeff
jeffHunter Region, NSW

Great service very efficient and the process was easy would not hesitate to refer others they went above and beyond to have a vehicle for us on the same day

Gilbert S.
Gilbert S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect Service

Waoo! I never knew this kind of service is available. You guys took all the hassles away from. From having to take public transport to and from work, to taking the kids to school. All covered. Thank you so much.

Compass MarketingCompassSend a private message

Hi Gilbert, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let keep us in mind if you ever need us in the future.

megovarusha18asked

Hi
We hired the car from compass cars.
Without informing company deducted $66.
When I questioned, they explained I went 10 kms over the speed limit.
Speed fine $66 !!!!

sabi s.

Ask them to send you the ticket they got from Vicroads

megovarusha18

I spoke to the guy from accounts department and requested to forward the letter which they received from VicRoads.
The way his explanation, he has to get the letter from the moon.

Compass MarketingCompassSend a private message

Hi, please provide your compass reference number and we can investigate this further.

Martin Ryan
Martin Ryanasked

Do you have affiliates ?

Get an answer from our members and Compass representatives

About Compass

Compass is a vehicle hire service as well as an accident management service. In operation since 2001, they offer accident replacement vehicles, standard and commercial vehicle hire, fleet replacement solutions, and end-to-end accident management.

If you were involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, and involved more than one car, then you may be able to access a replacement hire vehicle from Compass. The company will also deal with the at-fault insurer on behalf of you to recover the cost of your replacement vehicle.

If you were at fault but have a car hire option in your policy, then you can also get help from Compass.

Some more features of the service include:

• 24/7 support
  • Obligation-free assessment
  • Live tracking of your car delivery
  • Delivery and pick up at your preferred location

While their main office is in Artarmon, New South Wales, they have branches servicing every major city and regional centre in Australia.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that Compass staff were trustful, professional, and polite, exhibiting great customer support at a stressful time.
  • They also said that the vehicle they were provided with was delivered quickly and picked up on time.
  • Reviewers reported that overall it was a hassle-free process, and that the paperwork was easy to complete.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that Compass didn’t provide them with a like-for-like vehicle, that is, a rental vehicle that was similar to the one that they had been in an accident in.

Because Compass has various branches in different locations, reviews left by users pertain only to the branch that they received service from.