4.4

276 reviews · Statistics

87% · 23936 · 13%

Received Booked Vehicle
  • No, I received a worse vehicle (8)
  • No, I received a better vehicle (14)
Booking Process
Trustful, professional staff
Punctual delivery of vehicle
Hassle-free process
Won't always get a like-for-like vehicle
See the Best Accident Replacement Vehicle Rental in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Zack N.
Zack N.

Worst company

Ripped me
Off in excess of $4000 . Will not respond to my enquires . The manager Ross has repeatedly ignored . I am forced to now go to VCAT Show details
114williamstreet
114williamstreet

very bad customer service

One Of the most bad company ever i face .Very Bad customer service. People Show details
R Bryan
R BryanNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Highly recommended car hire

Great customer service! Even when I made a mistake and have the wrong date for drop off they managed to get me a car within a 12 hour period. Every representative I spoke to were professional, friendly and very accommodating. A special mention to (I think Josh) and lovely guy answering the phones for going above and beyond. Also, the rental car was very modern and clean, I secretly didn’t want to give it back. Show details
Matthew S.
Matthew S.

Total scam

Read the many 1 star reviews. These people are hideous scammers.

My experience is exactly the same as many others here.

Avoid at all costs, ignore their threatening emails. Eventually they go away, Better still don’t use them in the first place, they are absolute lowlifes. Show details

Dunsbred3 posts

Entire experience with them left me feeling manipulated

Towed roadside after rear ended.
Assured insurance of third party would pay for hire vehicle.
Drove Compass Hire vehicle 2 hours home
Received call from third party insurer stating compass charge above going rate and they would not pay difference - so I would be stuck with a bill.
Cancelled Compass car and organised private vehicle.
Ranting call from local Compass rep - ending with me having to return vehicle 2 hours back to tow depot as Compass would ‘lose money towing it back’
Certainly not what was stated on sign up - AVOID AT COST. Show details
Alisha
AlishaQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Compass   DM

We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. Please reply to provide your reference number or alternatively email the number to marketing@compasscorp.com.au and we will be more than happy to investigate this matter further.

Melissa Jones
Melissa Jones

Amazing Service!

I was referred by a friend to Compass. I had NO idea if you’re not at fault, you’re entitled to a accident replacement vehicle. Given Compass has been around over 20+ years, I just wish I knew about this service sooner as I seem to be a magnet for not at fault accidents! I had no issues with compass, they delivered my car and provided a like for like vehicle. Unlike my previous experience with insurance who only give you a car for a couple weeks while your car is behind fixed, compass provide the car for the entire duration you’re left without a vehicle!

Jack
Jack4 posts

Not at Fault - replacement car user. Too early to actually rate except on present experience

Very helpful so far. I hope I can trust the confidence I have been given . “ I will not be called to share the cost of the replacement car. Review is based on - up to the moment experience Show details ·  1
Booking Process
Not normally named Karen
Not normally named KarenQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Compass   DM

We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. If you could provide your reference number, we will be more than happy to investigate your claims.

Chris
ChrisQLDFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts

A great, hassle free service

Compass was excellent in all respects. I was warned at the start that if the "at fault" insurers did not pay up then Compass would have to take legal proceedings to recover from them. This happened, I signed one document and compass did the rest, no problem, no stress. Both insurance companies dragged out process for 3 months by making compensation offers well below market price. Compass supplied a top quality replacement throughout, supplied within hours of the accident. Show details ·  1
BEWARE
BEWARENSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Dodgy - have reported as scammers

We used a Compass replacement vehicle after our car was hit by another vehicle. The other party accepted responsibility (this was confirmed by my insurer) and Compass repeatedly confirmed with me prior to using their vehicle that the other party’s insurer had agreed to pay for the replacement vehicle. These phone calls were recorded by Compass. Approx. 3 months after the replacement car had been returned to them they contacted me saying that the other party’s insurer had never agreed to pay. They wanted me to sign documentation to commence legal proceedings in my name against the other party. They have repeatedly harassed me since.
Do NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

Scammers

I was provided with the rental car as a result of road accident, where the other party was at fault. I rented their vehicle for three months, which was inspected, photographed upon return. No return receipt with photos provided by the company for my reference. Three months later after I returned the vehicle they sent me a letter to say that I damaged a car and need to pay a repair cost. I've asked for the evidence of vehicle damage and 6 months later has not received any photos to justify their claims. They caused me a lot of stress and refuse to cooperate and give evidence that supports their claim. Hopeless and dodgy. Avoid at all cost to save your nerves. Show details

Dessie111
Dessie1116 posts

Don't do it! Go elsewhere!

Hounded me by phone constantly even though I didn't have a repair date yet and told them this. Now they can't recover the money from the insurer and are involving me in a lawsuit. I see many others have been caught out by them. It could be you next. Move along. Other companies don't have these issues. Show details

jason s.
jason s.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive

All ways good to deal with never new them till told by a friend

They take the stress out of hiring a car and they do better than the insurance company your with and they are so polite and easy to get along with I give compasscars a great review Especially from Karen she is easy to get along with and tell you say how it is Show details ·  1
Steph
StephMelbourne8 posts

Hi
We hired the car from compass cars.
Without informing company deducted $66.
When I questioned, they explained I went 10 kms over the speed limit.
Speed fine $66 !!!!

sabi s.
sabi s.

Ask them to send you the ticket they got from Vicroads

Compass   DM

Hi, please provide your compass reference number and we can investigate this further.

Martin Ryan
Martin Ryan

Do you have affiliates ?

About Compass

Compass is a vehicle hire service as well as an accident management service. In operation since 2001, they offer accident replacement vehicles, standard and commercial vehicle hire, fleet replacement solutions, and end-to-end accident management.

If you were involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, and involved more than one car, then you may be able to access a replacement hire vehicle from Compass. The company will also deal with the at-fault insurer on behalf of you to recover the cost of your replacement vehicle.

If you were at fault but have a car hire option in your policy, then you can also get help from Compass.

Some more features of the service include:

• 24/7 support
  • Obligation-free assessment
  • Live tracking of your car delivery
  • Delivery and pick up at your preferred location

While their main office is in Artarmon, New South Wales, they have branches servicing every major city and regional centre in Australia.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that Compass staff were trustful, professional, and polite, exhibiting great customer support at a stressful time.
  • They also said that the vehicle they were provided with was delivered quickly and picked up on time.
  • Reviewers reported that overall it was a hassle-free process, and that the paperwork was easy to complete.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that Compass didn’t provide them with a like-for-like vehicle, that is, a rental vehicle that was similar to the one that they had been in an accident in.

Because Compass has various branches in different locations, reviews left by users pertain only to the branch that they received service from.

CategoryCar Rental Services and Accident Replacement Vehicle Rental