ActronAir ESP Platinum

4.4

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Josef T.

Josef T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic premium ducted reverse-cycle system, excellent engineering, no brainer for Australian conditions!

Purchased in February 2020 at Rosanna heating and cooling for A$16,890.00.

Jason

Jason

Don't Be Fooled

This system may work. BUT be weary of a design flaw.

Because the vents open upward the cabinet fills up with dirt and debris. The the condenser is located too close to drain holes on the floor of the cabinet not allowing any of the buildup to be removed even with a hose or air blower. I spoke to Actron who suggested building a cover or shield above the unit to stop this. After spending 15K you would think this problem would have been avoided in the first place. I have since spoken to a various builders (some high end) who confirm they DO NOT install or recommend these units in their builds for exactly this reason.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$15,000.00.

Room TypeLarge Bedroom, Small Bedroom and Small Office
ActronAirActronAir

We are so happy with our 9 year old Actron ESP Platinum, that our son installed this system now in his house.

We rarely turn on all rooms at once, so the rooms which are on, get cooled or heated very very quickly even when it is very hot outside. The zone control is very important for us as we don't have to cool/heat the whole house and we can have the bedroom rooms constantly three degrees cooler than the living areas. We have it serviced once a year and apart from one zone motor that broke (cost us $ 350 to repair), it has not had any repairs. When our son and his wife moved in their own house they only wanted such an aircon with zone control. They have their aircon now for one year and are also very happy.

Home Insulation LevelAverage

Quen10

Quen10Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Unit and Warranty Fix

Purchased in January 2015.

ActronAirActronAir

Hi Quen10, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you have chosen ActronAir and are satisfied with our aftercare support in conjunction with VIP air conditioning.

Trevor  Watters

Trevor WattersSydney, NSW

Best investment we have made!

We upgraded from a 3-phase air conditioner to a single phase in September 18. 6 zones controlling 280sqm single level home controlled by my phone and coped with Sydney's summer.

Purchased in September 2018.

ActronAirActronAir

Review collected in partnership with ActronAir

FletchMount Eliza

Absolutely fabulous.

This review is for the Platinum Plus with the Que controller Read this in conjunction with my report on PR for ActronQue. We installed the Que zoned to four areas. The cooling efficiency far exceeds our expectations. Inside unit is exceptionally quiet. It is very quick to cool large areas. We really like the accuracy of maintaining temperature. We also love the remote access via wifi when away from home. Outside unit is not noisy (compared to experience or reports by others ). It may depend on your installer. Ours was amazingly good. Bayside Comfort Solutions in Mornington. We could not fault their attention to detail in both the sales process and more importantly their installers (employees, not contractors).

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSydney

Excellent Unit

We purchased this unit during our home renovation, we are so happy with our unit, works great - Gives me great piece of mind on hot day with a toddler! We also have the Wifi and its awesome, can turn on/off from outside the house
This is our second Actron Unit and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another when the time comes.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Touhid

TouhidSydney

Crap machine & terrible customer care

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Heavy

Heavy

Absolutely fantastic

I installed an actron air ESP Platinum Ultima in 2014. This is the fourth system that I have installed. For the love of this system I installed this 19 kw unit in my house. I unit works like it should. I have never been disappointed with it. I have 8 zones with temp sensors.
Yes I installed actron. Why? Because I like it.

I read all these comments on product reviews and a lot of the problems I’m reading are people who have installed these units without the knowledge and how to properly install these great systems.

Everyone I install these for say how great they are.
Yes the outdoor unit can be a little noisy, but that’s nothing that can’t be fixed with a little rubber to absorb the noise.

The truth

Date PurchasedAug 2015

HallettCove

HallettCoveAdelaide

Very happy with our choice

After looking into a few of the big brands we selected the Actron based on reputation and being locally made and supported.
It works well in an air-conditioners nightmare house; a mix of large living are with a lot of west facing glass and small bedrooms with minimal glass. It does a great job.
The ActronConnect remote control is great. I can check the house as I'm leaving work and have it comfortable by the time I get home. Much smarter than fixed timers when my daily schedule is so variable.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Allister W

Allister WGippsland, VIC

Initial Teething and Poor Service, Now Been OK

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Perfect system - unbelievable installing team - Nowra

The system is just what we wanted. The installing team were on time, efficient, and effective. Each member knew their job and got on with it. The team is a credit to their company and need to be congratulated for their efforts. The system itself is quiet, effective and versatile. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Trev

TrevCooroy Qld

Replaced Live-Ezi

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Has an engineer I rate this as the best choice air con system

Date PurchasedAug 2016

John

JohnHunter Region, NSW

Great ducted a/c system - Actron ESP Plus Platinum 17kw Single Phase

Date PurchasedDec 2015

David Duthy

David Duthyasked

ESP Platinum Plus ERV2-14AS / CRV2-14AS

I have a room that is 9.1M by 6.5M single room i need suggestion for air conditioning. I thought of a 12.0KW ducted system four vents.

Neil
Neil

I think the Actron is far too big and complex for a single room application, even a large room. It controls temperatures in multiple rooms with automatic fan speeds and dampers. You would be much better off going for a simpler and cheaper system.

Hi David,

We would love to help you find the perfect solution. Please click on the link below to provide your details, and we will get you in contact with one of our local Dealers who'll be able to specify the system to suit your needs.

Thanks,
Catherine

Mark C

Mark Casked

ESP Platinum Plus ERV3-17AS / CRV3-17AS

How many KW does it use an hour? Thanks

Hi Mark C,

This link can be used to estimate running costs: http://www.energyrating.gov.au/calculator

You can also use the input power to calculate this, but this is when the system is operating at the test conditions used for Australian standards.

The input power for this particular model is:
4.17 nett for cooling
4.72 nett for heating

Depending on how much you are charged per kW hour, this would be multiplied by the above input.
Eg: If you are charged $0.20 per kW hour, on cooling it would be approximately $0.83 per hour to operate. On heating, it would be approximately $0.94 cents per hour to operate.

I hope this helps!

Thanks - Catherine

Mick Masked

ESP Platinum Plus ERV4-19AS / CRV4-19AS

EPA Tasmania and the local council say that the heat pump can not emit more than 45 dB(A) 7am to 10pm and 40 dB(A). What is the noise emit from an ActronAir CRV4-19AS-0100. My neighbour has said it is fairly loud.

Fletch

I do not think ANY air con units would comply with that unless they are turned off! You need to check how far from unit it needs to be that low. Read the brochures or all aircon units incl Actron, And the other big brands. I did. They are all similar!

Hi Mick M,

Thanks for getting in contact with us on Product Review. Do you know where the local council is taking the reading from? As this can impact the results. The data in our brochures is taken 3m from the unit.

Thanks - Andrew

Mick M

Andrew, thank you for replying. The local council bylaws/EPA Tasmania state one meter from the external wall, I am assuming this would be from the neighbours property side. The neighbour has not yet complained to the council but I was hoping to find out in case the neighbour does. So the 65/71 dB(A) is from 3 meters? Also are there lower levels if the heat pump is not at full capacity?

Get an answer from our members and ActronAir representatives

Compare all 3 ActronAir ESP Platinum
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Cooling Power14.45 kW12.77 kW17.55 kW
Heating Power16.55 kW13.6 kW18.5 kW
Indoor Unit Dimensions 412 x 1290 x 615 mm412 x 1290 x 615 mm435 x 1420 x 680 mm
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 1045 x 1460 x 580 mm990 x 1320 x 580 mm1045 x 1460 x 580 mm
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level52 dB48 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level69 dB54 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Replaced byActronAir ESP Platinum QUEActronAir ESP Platinum QUEActronAir ESP Platinum QUE
Compare all 3 ActronAir ESP Platinum