It’s ok , but very noisy

I recently installed Actron Air , Not bad , but very noisy, I am not sure weather I should have chosen higher end model , but I got single phase , so no option, just installed, so want to wait and see

Purchased in July 2019.

Home Insulation Level Not sure
Room Type Whole House
Hi Reddy, We are sorry to hear about the noise issues you are having with your system. We appreciate you taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review, your feedback is important to us. If you have not already done so we would encourage you to contact the installation company to check over the installation of the system. Alternatively, if this has already been done could you please email service@actronair.com.au and supply your name, address, email, contact number and the serial number on your outdoor unit. The team will be in contact to discuss the issues with you and help you find the best solution or you can call us on 1800 119 229 (National 8am-5pm AEST) and discuss these issues with Technical support in the first instance who can work with you and the installer to find a solution. Thanks - AndrewThank you, i have contacted installer and he said , its common with this type of model and advised me to install some component which will reduce the noice , but the price is around $500 so i donot want to proceed further.Hi Reddy, If you want please send a video of the noise and the model number of the unit to techncialsupport@actronair.com.au and our team will see how else they can help you out. Cheers - Andrew

Love my Actron Air

I am so glad that Actron Air, now has its own installers and servicemen because they have been trained on this specific system, and know what they are doing. The reason I am writing this is in 2012 when I first brought my ducted air, I ended up with a company that sold me the system but had no idea on the correct way it should be installed. The problem was that the electrician had mucked up, when that was rectified I have not had any problems with it. It cools or heats in a very short amount of time. It is made for our Australian climate plus it is Australian owned.
This is not an Advertisement this is my own thoughts on what I think is the best ducted air on the market

Purchased in September 2012.

Room Type Whole House
Hi Beanie53, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you have chosen ActronAir, to cool your house in summer and heat your house in winter!

Recommend this to any prospective purchaser

Very impressed with the performance of this unit. We chose the 20kw unit due to the fact that we have a two story open plan home and with two zones it really does well both in sumer and in winter... handels the hotest and coldest day with ease. I would recomend this to anyone

Purchased in May 2018.

Room Type Whole House
Hi Dale, Thanks for taking your time and leaving feedback on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you have chosen ActronAir for your home. Stay warm this winter and cool for the coming summer!

Try anything but this

This unit uses more energy for less grunt than I thought possible. We bought a new home and the builder seems to have always picked the cheapest option. I called the so called “technical support” at Actron, who were just horrible to me and seems to be on par with the experiences of some other people here. Actron wouldn’t even discuss modification or checking on the unit with me because I wasn’t the person who bought it! It’s brand new for goodness sake. Its really loud too so I am reluctant to use it because of the impact on my lovely neighbours. We have just about decided to just junk the whole installation and buy a whole new system from another manufacturer. This one isn’t right and I’m not prepared to waste thousands with stupid Actron to end up with what I am confident will be a dud.

Purchased in September 2018.

Room Type Whole House
Hi Phillip, We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your system. We appreciate you taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review, your feedback is important to us. We would like to help you find a solution to your issue. At first glance, this can be an issue with the installation of the unit. Being a new unit it is best to first get the installer to attend on site and ensure there side of things are ok and if they are then in need of a service call please arrange with our service team.Thank you for your response. There is probably no point in me trying to find out who the installer was through the builder I bought the house and unit through. Your response illustrates the likelihood that I will be in exactly the same position I have illustrated in my review when I call for assistance at Actron. I would prefer to not waste any further time since you are only willing to work through the installer whose identity I do not know and the attitude seems to be that all problems are due to the installer and could not possibly be due to a fault in the unit.Hi Phillip, the normal process of allowing the installer to check over the unit in the first instance is to give them the opportunity to rectify any installation faults (If any). ActronAir can definitely attend site if this is what you are after. We also supply the unit with a warranty that we will honour in the event any manufacturing defects are found. The only thing we do not cover warranty on is the installation components that make up the system. In the event that a manufacturing fault is found, we will honour the warranty of the unit as per our warranty terms and conditions. Unfortunately, any installation issues will not be covered under the manufacturer's warranty. If you would like to proceed with a service call please PM your contact number and email address. Our service team can then contact you and discuss this in more detail and explain the procedure.

Parts / Service - AVOID

Trying to get my 92year old Mothers Air con fixed, was diagnosed as a faulty capacitor - called Actron to give them the model and serial number etc - given wrong information regarding capacitor size by the Actron Service / Parts division. I paid someone to come out and fix it, but as it was the wrong part they had to go back and get the right one - costing me $150 more in service fee as I had to pay for the bloke to drive in peak hour traffic to get the right part...

Purchased in February 2000.

Hi Jason, We are sorry to hear about the issues you have had. We appreciate you taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review, your feedback is important to us. Can you please email us on service@actronair.com.au or call us on 1800 119 229 (National 8am-5pm AEST) so we can investigate what has happened in your case. If you could also provide the phone number you called on when requesting this information and the date and time of this call we can try and trace this call as all calls are recorded.Call was made to 1300 522 722 at 11:27am on Tues Jan 29th 2019Hi Jason, Thanks for these details. I will forward these details onto our team. Update - Our team have checked phone calls around that time specified and there is no call in regards to a capacitor. Can you please PM us the number you used to call our 1300 number, your address and the company you used so we can narrow the search further.

Actron air ducted system

Not the cheapest quote for ducted air, but the most detailed and had two systems to choose from- three or two zoned. Very quick installation from acceptance of the quote, considering it was installed in November this was amazing! Installers were on time and efficient. Have used the system all summer even on the 45+ degree days and it has been awesome! Very quiet units both inside and out and quick cooling- I only use on low setting and its cool within 10min. Very happy so far :D

Purchased in November 2018.

Room Type Whole House
Hi Grace, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the comfort of your Classic system.

This is my 2nd unit in fifteen years and still the same issue it just is not doing the job

I decided to purchase a NEW ACTRON A/C for my upstairs living area (ducted) however as with the last unit I purchased fifteen years ago I am bitterly disappointed, the unit just cant cope even though I was advised this unit was what I needed for the job. The unit is very quiet but takes hours to cool the upstairs and then not the temperature I want. I also wanted to separate one of the bedrooms to have its own climate control as my daughter suffers from asthma and overheating and was told this was not possible.

Purchased in August 2018 for $5,000.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Large Bedroom
Hi Stamatis, We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your system. We appreciate you taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review, your feedback is important to us. Upon further review of the issues, we noticed some of these are not product related issues and will require a review in conjunction with your installer to determine the cause. To start could you please email technicalsupport@actronair.com.au and give us your name, address, email, contact number and the serial number on your outdoor unit. The team will be in contact to discuss the issues with you and help you find the best solution or you can call us on 1800 119 229 (National 8am-5pm AEST) and discuss these issues with Technical support in the first instance who can work with you and the installer to find a solution. Thanks – Andrew

Perfectly cools and heats!

My ActronAir Classic has been on point for two summers now. It has coped on the 35 degrees plus days well and can be kept on all day no problem. It cools the house fast and efficiently during the days and helping us get a good nights sleep. The controls are simply and easy to use, from changing air flow, temperature and setting timers. I would recommend ActronAir units to all my friends and family!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Andrew, Thanks for the review. We appreciate all feedback on Product Review. We hope you continue to stay cool in Summer and warm in winter with your ActronAir Classic system.

This is perfect, should have done it sooner.

This unit cools the entire house very quickly and even in the extreme heat we have had over Christmas. The controller is very user friendly, even my 7 year old can use it.

Purchased in December 2018 for $6,800.00.

Room Type Whole House
Hi Allan, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the comfort of your ActronAir Classic system.

Actron air is a waste of time and money

Actron air ducted system broke down in 2015 call actron air to come out one of the gas line broke them replace the the front condenser broking gas line compressor start up capacitor 2019 hot weather this peace of crap actron air ducted system broke down again not worth it money wast of money

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Hi Marc, I am sorry to hear about these issues you have had with your unit. If you can leave me your details (phone, email, address and serial of the outdoor unit if available). I will arrange our service team to help you out. Thanks - Andrew

Perfect Air Conditioner for home

Actron AC was installed at my place in Jan 2013 and is working perfectly fine since then. Never had any issues with my air conditioner and get the cooling immediately on the hot days and heating on the cold days. Very efficient unit. Also, great after sales Service. Will definitely recommend Actron AC to my friends and family.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Hi Vikas, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment on Product Review. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with your Classic unit. Your feedback is important to us. Thanks - Andrew

Great for our house specially during summer

This was all we needed to cool and heat our 3 bed room house. We also have a long hall way so got surprised how well this air con unit works as the tubes are super long! It takes mere seconds to cool the house or heat the house and we love the system

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Excellent hardware, & works superb but useless delivery by supplier

This is the 8th Actron AC or fridge unit I've bought in the last 4 yrs. It's great gear, Aussie made and outperforms like for like other brands. I know this 'cause I have a Fujitsu and an identical rated Actron in the same floor plates/heat loads and the Actron simply outperforms the Fuji. Cooler quicker & quieter and needs to be turned down sooner. I first got on to them by a fridgie mate who swore by them and he was right. So when our office AC faltered and was beyond economical repair I had no hesitation getting my electrician to fit a suitable sized Actron. Problem was he's not an Actron dealer so it had to come thru another mob. Because of the AC units size & weight Actron was supposed to deliver straight to site but the driver refused to and drove off using an unsustainable excuse that he couldn't reverse his truck into our property!! What a joke. He said "because of WH&S" he would deliver it to Synergy (the supplier) 2 suburbs away. Delivery driver probably running late or because it was a hot day. Talk about useless. Why hire a driver who cannot reverse his truck? The dealer then argued with me about delivery so I simply booked AND PAID a local removalist and they picked it up and dropped it off, reversing their full size pantech into our site with no problem. So.... great gear, highly recommend over cheap chinese or even the "major" Jap brands that seem to be mostly made in Chine or Malaysia or elsewhere.... but make sure you "source" through a supplier that is helpful and get a man to deliver it. Synergy might be good at banging split systems into single level houses but of you want real service, look elsewhere.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cannot cope with hot days

Currently, the temperature outside is 39 degrees, inside temperature is 30 degrees with air-conditioner on 16 degrees. This is very inefficient. Have come home from work with an air conditioner that works well. We have not used this much - only on hot days 30 plus. At least it is still going today. Usually it stops with very hot days ie over 38 degrees.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Update - Actron came out and replaced the starter motor (worth $400) and the condenser. Out of warranty by two months but no service charge or cost for the parts. Very pleased about that. It now turns out one of the original problems was the electrician who installed a 25 AMP switch instead of a 40 AMP switch. Got an electrician friend who put in the 40 AMP switch and rewired a cable that could take the 40 AMPS. So far so good.Hi Morning, Thank you for working with us to resolve the problems you experienced. Providing a great customer experience is very important to us, and we are sorry that your initial experience did not meet that standard. We appreciate the chance to work with you to resolve the situation, and remain available if you have any further questions or concerns. Our customer reviews are very important to us, and we hope that you will be willing to revise your review based on your further experiences. Thanks - The ActronAir team

A Quiet & Efficient Actron Ducted Add-On A/C Unit to Existing Brivis Gas Heater

With summers getting perceptibly hotter in the generally cool climate of Orange 2800 (as borne out by the historical climate patterns of increasing summer averages for nightly maximum & daily maximum temperatures), unbearably hot evenings over consecutive nights suggested greater relief was needed other than our usual 'modus operandi' of utilising multiple pedestal & desk fans near open windows upon temperature equivalence to effect flow thru & circulate the now minimally cooler overnight air.
Ultimately the home's central mass of warm air wasn't being evacuated nightly by the time temperature equivalence came around the next day & subsequently closing off the house to the hotter air.
Our thermally efficient double brick & canvas awning covered windows home needed some additional mass cooling assistance: bring on the air-conditioner!
We chose an Aussie made Actron add-on ducted A/C unit over a like branded Brivis unit (Brivis installed for gas heating as updated in October 2016) at the recommendation of the installer (Climate King of Orange) due to claimed superior reliability, flow thru design, quieter operation & cooling efficacy at extremes.
It certainly didn't let us down whatsoever for the numerous times it was utilised upon installation at the tail end of summer & even into autumn.
We tried installation earlier mid January however, due to all local installers being overbooked post Xmas & the higher temperature extremes, we were quoted a four week time-frame.
The relatively large outdoor condenser unit at the rear of our house is reasonably quiet, as borne out by our closest neighbour stating they barely hear it upon exiting the back of their home some 6 metres away over a 1.5 metre dividing Colorbond fence.
Size & noise of the outdoor unit is somewhat negated due to the unique airflow design, as it is drawn inward from the front & expelled upwards (as opposed to backwards) allowing for a closer installation to the rear of the house.
The roof cavity mounted indoor cooling unit was easily installed between the existing gas heater blower unit & the existing ducting, albeit with a different size coupling & the associated insulated dual copper refrigerant piping snaking between the indoor & outdoor units. A PVC condensate pipe runs directly into the adjacent gutter from the roof-space.
Operation via existing Brivis control panel is as simple as a mode change from heating to cooling & vise-versa.
Product warranty is for 5 years & hoping to get at least 17 to match the previous gas heater's lifespan.
I hope to update this review regarding electricity usage via a full summer's usage in the future.

Costly

Two years old the control panel had to be replaced at a cost of $180 plus $200 service call which is not under warranty. Five years and eight months Just out of warranty the soft starter had to be replaced at a cost of $650. lucky the technical had a spare one in his van.

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Best designed unit...silent in operation and so cool

This unit would have.to be the most efficient unit I've seen and experienced.
2nd to none in efficiency,style,.and comfort.
Other manufacturers should take a leaf and adapt to this design and efficiency.
My hat off to the manufacturer and my congratulations to a job well done in the best air conditioning unit ever...

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great System

I have waited a little while to post a review on this air conditioner (Actron SRG151E), just so I could determine how it performs in the extremely hot weather that we have been experiencing in Sydney lately. This system, (the main unit, an SRA153C in the roof cavity, servicing 8 x 10inch outlets over 2 zones and all new ducting) replaced a very old General Electric system that we had for 37 years. The house we live in faces due west and cops the sun from morning to dusk, so it is an extremely hostile summer climate as many in western Sydney would probably agree with. The new Actron was installed in early December before the extremely hot weather hit and it handled those conditions with ease with the inside temperature set at 22 degrees celsius, with air coming out of the 2 zones at a medium fan setting. When the 40 degree days arrived, the unit also kept a constant inside temperature of 22 degrees, albeit working a bit harder with the outside temperatures, so in that respect it performed very, very well. The outside and roof units are much, much quieter than what we had and much quieter than our neighbours older model Actron, which we hear over the what noise is emitted from our unit, so in that respect even though it is only new it seems to be very quiet in comparison. For us the choice of this make and model of air conditioner has been a good selection and I must compliment A Grade Air Conditioning of Seven Hills in Sydney, for not only doing a great installation but on their advice on selection etc.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Large, noisy and bad at heating.

If I had my time again I wouldn't purchase this unit. I find myself jealous when I see and hear my neighbours and friends units compared with mine. My neighbours have commented (thankfully not complained, yet) about how loud my outdoor unit is in comparison to theirs. I've only had my Actron for a few months and cooling wise, it does as expected. I did tons of research into the Actron Classic before I purchased it but I wish I had of taken the advice of many reviewers and at least taken the time to listen to a working unit before making my final decision. In comparison to other brands, the Actron Classic is large and noisy.

Update: Oct 2017. We have just been through winter and this system is terrible and inconsistent in the heating mode. It's currently on 26 degs and it's blowing cold air, not working properly in one of the rooms and I even had a guest ask me once to turn it off because of the "cold air" it was blowing on them? Terrible. I have blankets covering me and the unit running while it inconsistently blows a bit of warm and then cold, it shouldn't be like that. I feel truly gutted given the money paid. The installer (Infiniti air) came out a few times to look at the system and they did try to help but in the end they told me there was nothing more that they can do unless I pay extra for modifications. Seriously?? If there's nothing more that can be done than the unit must be rubbish! I would have liked to of given a better review because the installer has been polite and obliging but i'm left with disappointment, regret and a unit that's only decent for cooling.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Very Happy with it!

Very happy with the air con system. Very easy to use and simple and easy to keep it at the temperature that you would prefer. Lots of different settings to use to make it the most comfortable but its still easy to use. would highly recommend it to anyone needing an aircon

Date PurchasedDec 2016

where in a room is actron air placed in a room with ducted system
Hi Chris, Thanks for getting in contact with us on Product Review. Are you asking where the outlets are placed in a room? Cheers - Andrew

How much it will cost How long u gave warranty Is it reverse heating and cooling system What sort of vent you install How many vent in 50 square double story home. How many zones you provide. Any promotion running that time
Hi Aman, Thanks for getting in contact with us on Product Review. I have replied to you on Facebook. If you have any more questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Hi Team, Do you have an agent in or around Alexandra Victoria 3714? I need to replace the insulation around the copper pipes. The unit is 6 years old. many thanks Chris.
Hi Chris, Our closest agent is Clydesdale Bros Heating & Cooling 0428 141 000 0418 387 486 233 Anzac Avenue, Seymour VIC 3660 Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any issues. Cheers, Andrew

ActronAir Classic SRA131C (12.8kW, Single Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG091E (9.0kW, Single Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG101E (10.2kW, Single Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG131E (12.2kW, Single Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG151E (15.0kW, Single Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG171E (16.9kW, Single Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG131E (12.4kW, Three Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG151E (14.7kW, Three Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG171E (17.0kW, Three Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG201E (19.1kW, Three Phase)ActronAir Classic SRG231E (22.4kW, Three Phase)ActronAir Classic SRA260E (24.0kW, Three Phase)
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $2,979$1,459$1,459$1,629$1,789$1,969$1,569$1,709
Features Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Capacity12.75 kW9.4 kW10.6 kW12.75 kW15 kW16.8 kW13 kW14.68 kW17 kW19.06 kW22.35 kW25.15 kW
Heating Capacity 11.69 kW8 kW10.12 kW11.69 kW15.12 kW17.6 kW11.85 kW15 kW17.9 kW19.34 kW23 kW24.3 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning) NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Auto Restart Function YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Weekly TimerYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Cooling Energy Rating 3.5 stars3 stars2.5 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4.5 stars4.5 stars
Heating Energy Rating 3.5 stars3.5 stars3.5 stars4.5 stars4.5 stars4 stars4.5 stars4.5 stars4 stars4.5 stars5.5 stars4.5 stars
Indoor Unit Dimensions 412 x 1090 x 615 mm410 x 850 x 595 mm410 x 850 x 595 mm412 x 1090 x 615 mm412 x 1290 x 615 mm412 x 1290 x 615 mm412 x 1090 x 615 mm412 x 1290 x 615 mm412 x 1290 x 615 mm435 x 1420 x 680 mm485 x 1470 x 695 mm485 x 1470 x 695 mm
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 990 x 1320 x 580 mm805 x 1000 x 370 mm940 x 1245 x 535 mm990 x 1320 580 mm990 x 1320 x 580 mm1045 x 1460 x 580 mm990 x 1320 x 580 mm990 x 1320 x 580 mm1045 x 1460 x 580 mm1045 x 14660 x 580 mm1105 x 1685 x 685 mm1105 x 1685 x 685 mm
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level52 dB52 dB50 dB52 dB52 dB54 dB52 dB52 dB54 dB54 dB59 dB59 dB
Operating Temperature for Cooling -10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50
Operating Temperature for Heating -10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)