• Heating / Cooling Speed

Simon

Simon Northeast, VIC

Super Expensive to run / Actron booked a service never turned up

We have had our Actron ad-on unit for about 2 years and has cost a fortune to run on average $15-$20 per day running at 24 Degrease during summer. Never seems to stop. It does cool
We also have solar
we were told these were economical - not!!!
We built with Afonso homes
Originally there was a fault with the thermometer. That was fixed
I still believe there is a problem. I have spoken with ACTRON earlier this year who booked a technician to come out. They never turned up.
The lady I spoke to @ ACTRON stated she has one of these units and they apparently do cost this much to run ! Who in there right mind would purchase one of these is that's the case
Not happy

Purchased in July 2018 for A$5,000.00.

NickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problems from day one.

Purchased in February 2019 at Actron for A$16,000.00.

Jarrad

JarradSouthern and Hills, SA

Heats/Cools the house very well, but have had multiple soft starter issues

Purchased in June 2011 for A$12,000.00.

Maz

MazBowral

Love it

Although only just installed we are completely satisfied and seems to provide the heat we need.
Our installer CJK Air Conditioning was so helpful in helping us understand the workings and setup. The vents are very neat looking in the ceiling and the outside unit is quiet.

Purchased in June 2020.

Room TypeLarge Bedroom, Living/Dining Area, Small Bedroom and Small Office
Scott

ScottNorth Western Region, NSW

Perfect for Australian temps

Living in the Outback of NSW we experience 40 degree days regularly, ActronAir air conditioner cooled the house easily. Great purchase and a great product for our conditions, would recommend highly.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$11,000.00.

AjayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Junk unit and poor service

Purchased in August 2019.

Room TypeLarge Bedroom and Living/Dining Area
John O

John OSouthern and Hills, SA

3 Months Waiting for a Repair - But They Don't Care!

Steve.D

Steve.DSydney, NSW

This is a great product Aussie made.

The main things I like about the unit is that it is Aussie made and how the unit is exceptionally quiet internal noise,Easy to use touch pad set the desired temperature and the unit does the rest.I Also like the ability to control different rooms when they are not in use, I like the units ability to cope with the extreme heat in summer and the efficiency.

Purchased in February 2020 at Ample Air NSW Penrith for A$8,000.00.

Tony F.Perth, WA

Terrible outdoor unit... poor service.

Bought this unit 7 years ago, after 6 years the internal motor failed cost $800. 12 months later the outdoor unit started making loud banging noises. Actron came out charged me $220 to tell me that it was normal. Thru Actron, another service agent came around charged me $231 to tell me that although it was one of the loudest units his heard, the unit was otherwise working. The issues: neighbors 3 doors down can hear it. Our next door neighbor, a nurse working shifts, can hear it and it keeps her awake. I am as deaf as door knob and I can hear it. Actron service has been appalling and having paid in excess of $11000 for this unit you would have thought the product would have been much better.

Purchased in October 2013 for A$11,000.00.

Tony F.

An E9 error message is now displaying. This unit is rarely used and the cost of having repairs every year is not good enough. I believe this unit is a lemon.

Biil C

Biil CSydney, NSW

Excellent unit, exceptionally quiet internally and copes well in the 40+ deg temperatures

The main things I like about the unit is the exceptionally quiet internal noise, the units ability to cope with the extreme heat in summer and the efficiency. When we replaced our ageing ducted system, our power bills reduced by about 5% - 10%, so the system must be highly efficient. The other issue I like about the system is because it is a digital compressor, it can run down to 10% of its rated capacity as apposed to about 40% for a inverter system so we can air condition one room if required. We have had the system for 9 years with one failure. I learnt to use only genuine Actron service for repairs. I would definitely purchase another Actron system if I required another system.

Purchased in November 2011.

Hi Biil,
Thanks for leaving your review on Product Review! It's great to hear you're enjoying your ActronAir system after all this time. You've definitely got a keeper there! If you ever need anything, just give us a shout.

satyadev

satyadevSydney, NSW

Inefficient to cool in temp around 40 degrees

Hi Team,

Got this from my builder Simonds Homes that was handed over around 23rd Nov 2019.
AC didn't cool even with one Zone On and two zones off.
It seems the AC isn't cooling enough when temperature goes beyond 40 degrees.

Satya

Purchased in September 2019.

Diane B.

Diane B.

The best decision everrr :)

The unit copes very well with the demands placed on it, even in extreme weather and when cooling both zones simultaneously. Also, the controls are also very easy to use.

Purchased in January 2020 at ActronAir.

Review collected in partnership with ActronAir

performs to my needs and was the correct choice for me

has not failed in this extreme heat .settings are easy to understand and perform well.in 43 degree temps outside the unit is more than capable ,roof temp would be much higher and still performs as one would expect.

Purchased in November 2019 at actron air installed by ample air.

Terry
Terry

action air has provided an excellent product.

ActronAirActronAir

Thanks for leaving your review, Terry! We're glad to hear you're happy with your purchase.

John Curtis a.

John Curtis a.Far West, NSW

Quiet and effective

Having read many reviews and spoken with others who recently installed reverse cycle AC, we opted for Actron and have been very happy with its performance - especially in temperatures over 40 degrees.

Purchased in November 2019 at Shannon Electrics for A$7,038.00.

Room TypeOpen-Plan Office and Small Office
Raman Kaur

Raman KaurSydney, NSW

Terrible

Purchased for A$12,000.00.

Tiffany

TiffanyIllawarra, NSW

Very efficient

We have a recently built a new home with McDonald Jones Homes and the ActronAir conditioning unit was included. We upgraded to the 20KW system and cant fault it. It is quite and cools the house down within 30mins.

Purchased in November 2019.

fullyMelbourne.

So noisy

Purchased in October 2019.

fully

That doesn't help me, but yeah okay.

Laurent

LaurentSydney, NSW

Great After Sale Service Steve & Daniel

After three years, the aircon stopped working. I was very concerned when I read the reviews. We called Actron Air and explained that our air con stopped working and they told us that a team will come to check it out. About a week after, Steve & Daniel came to our place. In no time they located the issue, repaired it and told us that it is under warranty. We are not totally convinced with the quality of the product as our neighbour who also got an ActronAir airconditioning got some issue just after 2 years but hopefully the after sale service (Steve & Daniel) were great, fast and efficient. Thank you Guys.

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you've chosen ActronAir.

ReddySydney, NSW

It’s ok , but very noisy

I recently installed Actron Air , Not bad , but very noisy, I am not sure weather I should have chosen higher end model , but I got single phase , so no option, just installed, so want to wait and see

Purchased in July 2019.

Home Insulation LevelNot sure
Reddy

Thank you, i have contacted installer and he said , its common with this type of model and advised me to install some component which will reduce the noice , but the price is around $500 so i donot want to proceed further.

Beanie53

Beanie53Perth, WA

Love my Actron Air

Purchased in September 2012.

ActronAirActronAir

Hi Beanie53, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you have chosen ActronAir, to cool your house in summer and heat your house in winter!

UnHappy

UnHappyasked

Classic

Hello, I would like to ask for the possible reason/s why my air conditioner unit SRA151C has failed to work effectively since its installation 2+ years ago. On hot days and I mean mid thirties onwards it cannot maintain the house to a comfortable level. It can be turned on for hours and will never bring the temp down inside once it is too hot outside. You will still be sweating and uncomfortable. In winter it rarely produces enough heat to be effective, and continuously puts itself in defrost mode for minutes on end can be 30+ mins of continuous defrost mode before kicking back in again or worse it never comes out of defrost mode and I have to resort to turn the thing off all together. I raised these issues immediately when they were encountered with the contracted installer for actron who has not done anything satisfactory to resolve this issue. Just made excuses and given false information. I have now just discovered that the remote wall sensor that was installed at time of installation by said contractors hasn’t been installed at all. No wires, cords nothing. Just a piece of plastic nailed to the wall which brings into question the standard of installation of the unit itself. I am asking what the genuine issue could be that may explain the issues I have.

Nick

I'm still having issues with my unit. It goes into defrost mode in winter not long after the unit even starts up so our house doesn't even get the opportunity to warm up.

Same for summer when the weather warms up the unit stops.

I've asked for a split system to be supplied for when there big unit fails but they dont care. They think it's acceptable for us to be freezing in winter and the unit is doing its job stopping.

I have them coming again soon for the unit stopping when the temperature is warm.

Biggest mistake purchasing this investment. We are so unhappy with the quality of this product. I will never purchase Actron again.

I'm sorry I don't know how to help you.

Hi Unhappy,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your system. We appreciate you taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review, your feedback is important to us.

We would like to help you find a solution for your issue. To start could you please email info@actronair.com.au and give us your name, address, email, contact number and the serial number on your outdoor unit. The team will be in contact to discuss the issues with you or you can call us on 1800 119 229 (National 8am-5pm AEST).

ActronAir Customer Care

Nadia Basked

Classic

Why does my Actron AC stop working when the temp gets above 42degrees, as it did last summer?

Nadia Basked

Classic

Why does my Actron AC stop working when the temp gets above 42degrees like last summer?

Hi Nadia,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Product Review. Can you please email the following detail to social@actronair.com.au so our service team can get in contact:

- Contact Number
- Serial Number on outdoor unit
- Address of install

Melissa

Nadia B

Thank you for your prompt reply. Will do as soon as I get home.

Email sent

Get an answer from our members and ActronAir representatives

Compare all 13 ActronAir Classic
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) A$2,979.00A$1,459.00A$1,459.00A$1,629.00
Features Evaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart ControlEvaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart ControlEvaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart ControlEvaporative Cooler, Inverter, On/Off Timer and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power12.75 kW9.4 kW10.6 kW12.75 kW
Heating Power11.69 kW8 kW10.12 kW11.69 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)NoNoNoNo
Auto Restart FunctionYesYesYesYes
Weekly TimerYesYesYesYes
Cooling Energy Rating 3.5 stars3 stars2.5 stars4 stars
Heating Energy Rating 3.5 stars3.5 stars3.5 stars4.5 stars
Indoor Unit Dimensions 412 x 1090 x 615 mm410 x 850 x 595 mm410 x 850 x 595 mm412 x 1090 x 615 mm
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 990 x 1320 x 580 mm805 x 1000 x 370 mm940 x 1245 x 535 mm990 x 1320 580 mm
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level52 dB52 dB50 dB52 dB
Operating Temperature for Cooling-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50
Operating Temperature for Heating-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50-10 to +50
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Replaced byActronAir Classic Series 2ActronAir Classic Series 2ActronAir Classic Series 2ActronAir Classic Series 2
Compare all 13 ActronAir Classic