AEG

AEG

1.7

Jess L

Jess LHunter Region, NSW

My new drier DRIES!! Yay.

My last LG dryer had to go on at least twice to dry a load, no wonder my bill was so hi. Once it started taking hours to dry one load I got a new dryer. I should have done it sooner. My new AEG 8000 series Lavatherm is awesome! So much quicker and efficient. I forgot what it was like to dry clothes this fast! Thank you!

Kerrie

KerrieNew South Wales

Do not buy anything AEG they are crap

Don't buy aeg there product is crap not worth the money and there service team are so rude. My washing machine is less then 12 month old and it's crapped it self, told me its going to be 5 days before they can get someone to look at machine and they refused to replace the machine. Don't waste your money there products are crap not worth the money.

Day one of brand New Range hood stops working

We just renovated our kitchen and furnished the whole kitchen with AEG appliances. Day one exited switch on the range hood and it stops working. Called the AEG technician and he tells me the unit needs to replaces as the computer inside has died !!!

There is no more quality check on the products anymore and there is no such thing as German engineering that used to stand the test of time -
Very disappointed and lost my faith on German products

Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lasted 3 months

We purchased new 8000 series washer and dryer. The washer has lasted 3 months. The technician came and couldn’t fix it. There were no replacement parts available. They agreed to exchange it for a new one. When the installers arrived they said it was too high for them to lift. I have to pay for 2 men to come and lift the old one out and put the new in. The dryer doesn’t dry well either. Has to be on the hottest temperature and takes much longer than our old one. Very disappointing!

After Sale Service and Repairs

Having owned AEG for over 5 years, with around 18 AEG brand items in my kit, I am now changing platforms, after a completely unsatisfactory experience with Bunnings Warehouse and AEG support when trying to have one tool repaired. If you are in a trade and use you power tools every day, forget about getting anything repaired in a timely manner. You can only deal with (incompetent) Bunnings for repairs, and only buy the parts through them, not directly with AEG. For a company trying to break into the professional trades market, they will have to do MUCH better than that.

David Ure

David UreCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Mower handle unusable after 12 months

Mower handle has worked loose after 12months use. Now very difficult to use the mower. Called AEG. Rude and unhelpful response. Your on your own, we can’t help you. Expensive mower. Disappointed.

Virginia

Virginia

This dryer is terrible

This dryer simply doesn't dry the clothes. We have tried ever which way we can but the load is never completely dry. The manual appears to have been written by someone for whom English is a second language. It is of no help at all. If I could take it on to by balcony and throw it down to the street I would. Don't touch it with a barge pole. We have tried to get advice from AEG but they are no help.

Kurt

KurtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faulty Dishwasher, bad support

We have a AEG dishwasher that is around 6 years old and it has a malfunction. They sent someone to look at it who tried to fix it however it did not work. Then he came back and recommended we change some parts, however he said even if we changed the parts the dishwasher still might not work and basically recommend we buy a new one. I woudn't recommend an AEG dishwasher, didn't last very long and the support was very average. Very disappointed with our experience with AEG. They also offered us a refund for the technicians visit if we buy a new dishwasher but they never gave us the refund.

Willoughby JohnSydney

Took ages to get a refund

Rangehood DGE5660HM

I purchased a rangehood carbon filter for my rangehood. I have spent 2 hours trying to fit this filter into my rangehood and appears to me that I have been sent the wrong one as it is too large to fit into the rangehood. I rang their customer service for help and found the customer service person to be condsending and unhelpful in my quest to install this. The only offer was to send out their representative and charge me for him to come to my place. Beyond upset with their lack of help and assistance.

Gary WilliamsSydney, NSW

Worst customer care ever!

They do not accept complaints, escalate issues or even call you back when promised. The call centre staff seem unable or unwilling to resolve even the smallest issue. There’s no accountability when they fail. Result: terrible service!!!!! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT - they don’t stand by their word.

Alex

AlexSydney Surrounds, NSW

Top of the range dishwasher, fine when it worked - dreadful warrenty service when it didn't!

I chose this product because of the extended warrenty (five years). I had to draw on the warrenty after 4-months because multiple faults rendered it unusable. One of the faults resulted in flooding and damage to my brand new kitchen cabinets. AEG intially refused to replace it and I am still going through the process to get the damage rectified. They don't have a complaints team and they won't allow calls to be escalated. The only form of escalation consumers have with this company is Department of Fair Trade/Consumer, Trader and Tenancy tribunal. Think twice before buying either this or Elecrolux, which is the same company and call centre.

Michele Roladn

Michele RoladnSydney, NSW

Excellent help over the phone

Leanne was wonderful to talk to helped me through a small issue
Over the phone absolutely knows the product
That's the reward you get for buying a good product,the follow up help that goes with it!
Well done AEG
Michelle R.

Peter T

Peter T

Warranty is great until you claim

I have a number of AEG battery power tools. I have had three problems the first was a 18v battery that stopped charging Bunnings replaced it on the spot. Second problem was a drill with a constantly jamming chuck and again bunnings replaced. Latest problem is a 6ah battery that won’t fully charge not all the orange charge lights come on. Wasn’t sure if was just the lights so contacted AEG who told me to take it to bunnings, this time bunnings sent it to AEG and 8 weeks later I am still waiting for a result. Luckily I have several batteries but imagine if it was job critical and a two months plus wait for s repair or replacement. The warranty is good on paper but terrible in delivery

Steve

StevePerth, WA

The worst customer service experience I’ve had

Spent $10k to get “the best” only to discover that the new cooktop didn’t work from the get go.
Then lied to by the AEG area manager about how their “technician” would immediately replace it.
Now waiting again for them to get stock and replace it.
Oh how I wish I’d read these reviews before I got talked into this junk by “Winning” appliances who are quite obviously on a large commission to push this brand.

Stay away from this brand the premium quality product is all hype

Jen

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Our combo steamer had stopped steaming and emailed their customer support which arranged a technician immediately. The technician was very helpful and fixed the issue and advised us of the problem and gave us helpful tips. They also asked if any other of our AEG products had any issues and they would be happy to look into it. This is what I call as great service as part of their warranty! Thank you AEG

Edo S.

Edo S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scratched floor

The AEG dryer I purchased it's an excellent product but the people that installed it are incompetent. Even I told them more then one time that the new bamboo floor it's sensitive to scratches they pushed the trolley before position it on the wheels , resulting in a 200 $ damages. I can understand can happen but what it was even more annoying they lied to their office and they said the scratch was already there when they arrived.

Lan H.

Lan H.Sydney, NSW

Good product, very poor service!

My dishwasher is good but the service is appalling. No one can tell you when the appliance gets delivered, you have to keep calling & checking then they still couldn't get it right. Leaking on my first use due to poor plumbing work offered from the company. Emergency call out took a week after several phone calls & emails and no apology from the company for my water damage floor. My first experience with AEG would be my last. I would not recommend to my friends after what I experienced.

Arevjew

Arevjew

Apallingly inept

These guys suck. Could not deliver. If they can't even deliver a $4K order, how would they go after the sale? Took 5+ hours to call back, never returned the 3 calls + text and their call centre was engaged.

Judy L.

Judy L.Mid North Coast, NSW

Great Customer Service

Have installed a four burner AEG gas cooktop. I was having a problem with gas flow not simmering. Emailed AEG customer service and Nicole promptly replied and organised a service technician to check. All fixed with two weeks over the Christmas break. Thank you

Del

Delasked

I would like to know where the latest AEG 45cm combi steam oven is made. Can anyone help please? Thankyou.

James G.

James G.asked

Very interesting, was told this was a premium product and the after sales service was exceptional. Will steer clear I think.

Dianne

I complained to their email listed, a service technician then came out free of charge to fit the carbon filter (previously told would have to pay for technician), the technician also had trouble fitting it but fitted it in the end. Also found out don't need to have the carbon filter, it stops the cooking smell, only reason for it apparently. The green light that comes on when it needs changing has stayed on though even new carbon filter has been installed.

Willoughby John

No question about the product - it is a premium product. It’s just the issue of the person at the end of the phone not listening to me In the first place and then the extreme delay in getting the refund. Maybe COVID19 had something to do with the refund delay.

Gary Williams

....someone actually told you their after service was exceptional????! That person must be working for AEG. Steer well clear. I waited 6 months for a replacement of a faulty item and when it finally arrived the battery was missing....

Goo g.

Goo g.asked

Thank you all. Nearly bought an AEG wall oven. Will steer clear ... thank goodness for this great website and service.